Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling that in terms of HT human based figures from their collaboration that SSC will be sure to push for figures that would be "re-dos" and not compete with possible SSC releases. So I think if Anakin is coming that it'll be from ROTS just like I doubt we'd see an Episode I Obi-Wan from HT any time soon.

I'm not sure what you mean. If HT were to do brand new figures never tackled by Sideshow, I don't think Sideshow would ever try and re-make those HT figure. Besides, it's a partnership now, so it wouldn't be like competition, per se. Isn't it like Sideshow is subcontracting certain figures to HT, like a movie studio would subcontract to ILM for their special effects? HT is just doing the work for SSC.

Regardless, I'm kinda hoping HT continue doing re-dos since I would love a proper Bespin Han that hopefully also includes Hoth gear.

Thats absoultely fine by me since I wont be getting any Prequel SW stuff so that saves me some money through the line and gives my wallet a breather.

Or watch HT makes all the OT characters DXs. Ouch on the wallets!

I have to agree. Don't care about the prequels.. The biggest mistake they made was killing off the best character in the first! If I could ever meet George this is what I would say :gah: and then :thud: !

Chewie as a dx would really float my boat though. :yess:

I'm not sure what you mean. If HT were to do brand new figures never tackled by Sideshow, I don't think Sideshow would ever try and re-make those HT figure. Besides, it's a partnership now, so it wouldn't be like competition, per se. Isn't it like Sideshow is subcontracting certain figures to HT, like a movie studio would subcontract to ILM for their special effects? HT is just doing the work for SSC.

Not really the DX Luke is a complete HT figure, the collaboration is the fact that its seen as an extension of the original partnership that began with the armored bodies. What I mean is that Sideshow can and probably will still offer a TPM Obi-Wan for example. So I seriously doubt they'd be okay with HT who is subleasing the license from SSC for their SW figures similar to the way that SSC was leasing it from Hasbro (saying it's a partnered release simply allows HT to do their own figures under the guise of Sideshow without having to deal with licensing issues etc since they are technically Sideshow released) to do that figure first because then SSC wouldn't have cause to do it. I can see SSC offering it and then down the road allow HT to do because SSC already has their piece of the pie. For characters like Chewie or the droids I wouldn't be shocked if we saw HT do them and never see them from SSC but for human figures I bet we see redo figures so SSC can continue with their human figures at the same time.

I'm sure we are up for a redo of the prequels soon. SSC's Kit Fisto was great but after having their Abe Sapien, I can only imagine how awesome that figure would be.

I would love a HT Kit Fisto--but I'd rather they do the main OT characters first, just so we can make sure we have the best representation of them, (along with a Chewie of course) and then they can go mess around.

I sold up everything 2 or 3 years ago. I think I'm about to fall off the wagon.

Not really the DX Luke is a complete HT figure, the collaboration is the fact that its seen as an extension of the original partnership that began with the armored bodies. What I mean is that Sideshow can and probably will still offer a TPM Obi-Wan for example. So I seriously doubt they'd be okay with HT who is subleasing the license from SSC for their SW figures similar to the way that SSC was leasing it from Hasbro (saying it's a partnered release simply allows HT to do their own figures under the guise of Sideshow without having to deal with licensing issues etc since they are technically Sideshow released) to do that figure first because then SSC wouldn't have cause to do it. I can see SSC offering it and then down the road allow HT to do because SSC already has their piece of the pie. For characters like Chewie or the droids I wouldn't be shocked if we saw HT do them and never see them from SSC but for human figures I bet we see redo figures so SSC can continue with their human figures at the same time.

I'm sure we are up for a redo of the prequels soon. SSC's Kit Fisto was great but after having their Abe Sapien, I can only imagine how awesome that figure would be.

Are you sure, Mike? What I read in the press release makes it sound like a true collaboration:

"This is an exciting evolution ofthe natural relationship between Sideshow and Hot Toys, and an exciting development for collectors," explains Greg Anzalone, CEO & President of Sideshow Collectibles. "For the first time ever, our two companies will be working simultaneously on complementary products for key properties, including Star Wars, Indiana Jones, DC, Marvel, and others. It's a refreshingway for us to look at the collectibles business, bridging the creative powersof artists around the globe, so that we can bring to life many excitingnew products."

With Hasbro, it was like Sideshow took over the SW 1:6 line, even having Hasbro stop working on the line to have SSC work on it exclusively.

In other words, it's not like Sideshow is relinquishing the license to HT and letting HT do whatever and whoever they want without telling anyone. I'm sure they will confer with each other and work on complementary pieces, not competing pieces, just like they said. I don't think HT is "subleasing" the license.

Unless you heard something completely different from someone at Sideshow. Just curious because that would shed a whole new light on the news. :dunno

What I read between the lines is that SSC will continue to offer there standard offerings, HT will work on a select group while SSC will focus more on the dios etc

Thinking more and more each day about PO'ing this when it hits, and then selling everything but BD Luke. It kick ass. Loving everything but the ugg boots.

My short list would be:

Darth Vader
ROTJ Luke
ROTS Anakin
Qui Gon Jin
ROTS Obi Wan
Boba Fett
ANH Obi Wan

And I know im alone in this, but would really like a TPM Obi Wan.

My short list would be:

Darth Vader
ROTJ Luke
ROTS Anakin
Qui Gon Jin
ROTS Obi Wan
Boba Fett
ANH Obi Wan

Lol... That's your short list?!?

That being said... I'd get every single one of them. I... Have... To...

Are you sure, Mike? What I read in the press release makes it sound like a true collaboration. In other words, it's not like Sideshow is relinquishing the license to HT and letting HT do whatever and whoever they want without telling anyone. I'm sure they will confer with each other

Of course Sideshow isn't relinquishing anything why would they? Sideshow will greenlight whatever they feel is okay for HT to produce and then HT will do it. The collaboration and complementary part means you can display them together. They used to use the complementary angle on the announcements of their Medicom imports too. The difference here is they've already worked on a body together so realistically if you buy both companies you will have not only HT figures and Sideshow figures but in Clones and Armors have truly collaborative figures.

What I read between the lines is that SSC will continue to offer there standard offerings, HT will work on a select group while SSC will focus more on the dios etc

Of course. Sideshow will absolutely continue to make 1:6 figures and all the other lines they current do. All this means is that HT will create a small pool of their own figures and interpretations that in theory be placed alongside Sideshow's offerings.

I wonder if HT is going to show the spec+pics for this tonight. They generally put them up on Sunday nights, and with this being DX07, it's obvious that we'll see this before Jack and therefore, the Batmobile. I think that tonight, if we do see something, it'll be this or Iron Monger.

My short list would be:

Darth Vader
ROTJ Luke
ROTS Anakin
Qui Gon Jin
ROTS Obi Wan
Boba Fett
ANH Obi Wan

My short list:
ANH Han Solo or ESB Han (Bespin)
ESB Leia (Bespin Escape/Hoth DX) or RotJ Leia (Jabba's prisoner)
RotJ Darth Vader with removable helmet

Would be nice to finish up the top four important characters of the OT (with Luke already being made)

Back