Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, I just can't get over my hatred for this headsculpt. I know, I know, I like the UU Luke, so how can I blast this.. But. It's just all kinds of wrong.. it's not so much the likeness as the creepy expression and weird eyes. The BD head looks great, but I hope to the gods (superman, if your up there!) please change this before release. It's horrible. It looks like a creepy weirdo. "Put the lotion in the basket.."

:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

img_1030.jpg

I'm sorry, I just can't get over my hatred for this headsculpt. I know, I know, I like the UU Luke, so how can I blast this.. But. It's just all kinds of wrong.. it's not so much the likeness as the creepy expression and weird eyes. The BD head looks great, but I hope to the gods (superman, if your up there!) please change this before release. It's horrible. It looks like a creepy weirdo. "Put the lotion in the basket.."

:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

img_1030.jpg

I hoe they don't change it at all, it's perfect

It's not perfect, looking at any photo of Mark Hamill from Empire will tell you that. But equally it's the best likeness in 1/6 we've seen. As the figure looks so cool overall I'm prepared to cut it some slack.

I was just thinking, I'd kind of forgotten what a truly grim situation Luke is in at the end of Empire. I mean, we know how it pans out so maybe the original impact is gone, but dayum! He's hanging above nothing on a weather vane with his HAND CUT OFF, his friends have flown away, and he's just found out his lineage isn't quite what he thought.

It's a pretty bad day for him.

I'm in the "give it a few alterations" camp. I think its pretty damn good overall, but a few spots look off to me and I can't the Depp vibe out of my head when I look at him.

There not actually releasing him with that re-used Ironman stand are they???

Yes, and a donut too!

The headsculpts are fine but the only issue is that the BD headsculpt is from the scene where Vader tells Luke he is his father, but we have the scene where he is hanging off the antenna with the DX figure. It's kind of a mix and match. A little nit-picky but that's my only very minor criticism of this fig.

I'm in the "give it a few alterations" camp. I think its pretty damn good overall, but a few spots look off to me and I can't the Depp vibe out of my head when I look at him.
Which is really kind of funny considering HT couldn't get a Depp likeness for Depp himself with that DX "Jack Sparrow" figure.

It's not perfect, looking at any photo of Mark Hamill from Empire will tell you that. But equally it's the best likeness in 1/6 we've seen. As the figure looks so cool overall I'm prepared to cut it some slack.

:goodpost:

I usually love finding fault with things, but this is the best Mark Hamill and I am reasonably confident HT will tweak the regular sculpt a bit in the mouth area.

. . .right out of the box, I agree. But it doesn't beat some of those Sideshow sculpts IMO.

The PF Luke sculpts are great no doubt, but my perceptions is that it is easier to sculpt more accurately in larger scale.

Their Bespin Luke sculpt was excellent in theory, but the production issue with the head ruined it. I've never repainted my ANH Luke; I'll have to go see what one looks like.

The battle damaged sculpt is the best ESB luke sculpt i've seen yet.

That plain headsculpt reminds me of the original Capt. Apollo with MH's hair. If I had photoshop ability, I'd prove that...

I want to preorder this NOW! It's between this and supes for grail figure for me. (I'm sure Supes will win just cause well it's CR) It's been disappointment after disappointment with Luke figures for me, about time he gets some justice.

SS better know what they're doing letting HT do figures now. Every SS human figure will be held up to HT SW standards now from the fans regardless of who makes it. (unless there's a substantial price difference)

Back