Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own the SSC Bespin Luke and have been pretty happy with it. That was until I saw the Hot Toys version. I plan to pick one up. Does anyone know if they plan o do two versions? Battle and clean?

I own the SSC Bespin Luke and have been pretty happy with it. That was until I saw the Hot Toys version. I plan to pick one up. Does anyone know if they plan o do two versions? Battle and clean?

It actually has both clean and BD version included in this DX release.:yess:

there still is no price info on this is there??? probably not until the pre-orders go up... and do we know when that is?

Anakin and Obi-Wan's outfits are VERY different from film to film:

Eh, there's slight variation from TPM and AOTC garb, from what I
can tell in the belt, maybe even the undershirt. In the ROTS
Kenobi I notice a difference in the pants. IMO I don't believe the
difference between Episodes 1 and 2 justify 2 figures. The same
applies to Anakin, its basically the same tunic, maybe the browns
may slightly vary.

I really hope that HT doesn't cheap out. Their costumes are different, I hope that who ever does them, HT or SS, they stay true to the character and the costumes.

I would definitely like to see more then one Padme! I hope they don't treat the saga as trilogies and treat it like it belongs, a Saga, six films one story!!!!!! Even handily release pieces from ALL six films!

I would prefer if they prioritize who gets made. I can see 3 Luke's being created since each would require a dramatically different outfit.
The only version of Kenobi and Anakin I would see them giving top priority to is from ROTS and perhaps have Padme come with multiple
heads and an alternate dress.

Eh, there's slight variation from TPM and AOTC garb, from what I
can tell in the belt, maybe even the undershirt. In the ROTS
Kenobi I notice a difference in the pants. IMO I don't believe the
difference between Episodes 1 and 2 justify 2 figures. The same
applies to Anakin, its basically the same tunic, maybe the browns
may slightly vary.

I couldn't agree less. In a case like this, I think you may be letting your pocketbook tell you there isn't a big difference, but look closely and you'll see that you'd be short changing yourself by simplifying these costumes into one figure.

Wow. To my eyes they are different in just about every way. Even the cut of the robes differ and the saber designs.

I bet they'll make an R2D2 and C3PO as well.

This is the year that SSC is kicking off their line of droids. Did you see their offerings at SDCC?? Battle droids - thousands of them (to borrow a line from some movie or other), IG-88, General Grievous, STAP (not a droid, but a droid's ride), and we've seen production work being done on a super battle droid in a SSC preview video. The chances of them allowing HT to do these characters is ZERO. The only reason I can think of that 3-PO and Artoo weren't offered in this first wave of droids is that Medicom has just done them recently, and did a good job with them to boot. SSC can let the memory of those figures cool and work on perfecting their engineering. I'd guess we'll see them at SDCC 2012 and I'm okay with that, because every droid they've previewed looks amazing. Good days ahead, folks! :yess:

The only reason I can think of that 3-PO and Artoo weren't offered in this first wave of droids is that Medicom has just done them recently, and did a good job with them to boot. SSC can let the memory of those figures cool and work on perfecting their engineering. I'd guess we'll see them at SDCC 2012 and I'm okay with that, because every droid they've previewed looks amazing. Good days ahead, folks! :yess:
That's a good point actually. I think SSC will likely do justice to the droids, as it seems now that aliens & droids are quickly becoming their forte.

Where the hell are the spec/pics for this guy, The Joker and the Batmobile?

The prototypes were shown weeks ago at the convention shows, surely we should be seeing some official pics and preorder info soon?

petatat2.jpg

Back