Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely will be nice to see some better human 1/6 Star Wars characters. I probably won't go crazy on this line, but I'd love better versions of New Hope Luke, Han, and Leia.

Oh man, I can't wait to see this. As much I thought Sideshow's Mark Hamill sculpts where ok, Im sure the Hot Toys Hamill sculpt is going to be EPIC...

Oh the excitement...

The only contribution i want to see from SSC regarding these figure releases is just printing their name brand on the Hot Toys box, please let Hot Toys R&D have total control.

:goodpost::exactly:
With sideshow's poor sculpts and lack of quality materials so as to cut costs to keep their figures affordable, I hope hot toys doesn't follow suit and degrade their quality with this alliance. It'll be interesting to see how the products turn out and how much they will end up costing us.

SS figures tended to be in the $50 to $80 dollar range, but they were not as well proportioned,less detailed and had cheaper accessories when compared to hot toys figures.
With this new alliance, I'm hoping that hot toys doesn't follow that path of using cheaper materials and less detailed sculpts to cut costs. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for a less expensive figure, so as long as the quality is not compromised. Let's hope that quality sculpts and detailed accessories that are the hallmark of hot toys are kept intact during this unpredictiable alliance.

I agree. The SS Troopers are great. I'd love to see most of the humans get the HT treatment.

Completely agree... I think Sideshow has done an amazing job lately with non-human and armored characters. And the new droids look awesome! But, still have a hard time believing the paint on the head sculpts will ever get to HT quality.

The only contribution i want to see from SSC regarding these figure releases is just printing their name brand on the Hot Toys box, please let Hot Toys R&D have total control.

Have to disagree with you there, much of Sideshow's work is on-par with HT in terms of clothing, accessories and sculpting. But, at the same time, combining the two and especially having HT oversee production will be crucial to this succeeding.

I would certainly love to see a Trevor Grove Bespin Luke painted by HT :rock

Definitely will be nice to see some better human 1/6 Star Wars characters. I probably won't go crazy on this line, but I'd love better versions of New Hope Luke, Han, and Leia.

Same here and I'm guessing only key figures will get re-released as part of this partnership. And Sideshow will likely continue to release non-human and armored characters.

:goodpost::exactly:
With sideshow's poor sculpts and lack of quality materials so as to cut costs to keep their figures affordable, I hope hot toys doesn't follow suit and degrade their quality with this alliance. It'll be interesting to see how the products turn out and how much they will end up costing us.

SS figures tended to be in the $50 to $80 dollar range, but they were not as well proportioned,less detailed and had cheaper accessories when compared to hot toys figures.
With this new alliance, I'm hoping that hot toys doesn't follow that path of using cheaper materials and less detailed sculpts to cut costs. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for a less expensive figure, so as long as the quality is not compromised. Let's hope that quality sculpts and detailed accessories that are the hallmark of hot toys are kept intact during this unpredictiable alliance.

Another crazy post.... :lol!!
:cuckoo:

Have you seen SS accessories and clothing? Most of them are top notch! They don't go cheap on those at all... maybe in one or two figures, but most of the times they use nice looking fabrics and weapons are always great!
SS boots are usually not their strength though, as well as paint apps, but sculpture has never been the problem...:dunno

Ford, Fisher, and Hamill gave their best performances in Empire. For Hamill in particular this was his best film.

Superman, Star Wars, and a new Iron Man MK. 1 all at the same time. Ouch. This is a cruel hobby.

Have you seen SS accessories and clothing? Most of them are top notch! They don't go cheap on those at all... maybe in one or two figures, but most of the times they use nice looking fabrics and weapons are always great!
SS boots are usually not their strength though, as well as paint apps, but sculpture has never been the problem...:dunno

Totally agree... I was just saying this to a friend the other day. If you took recent Sideshow figures and just removed the head it would be hard to tell if it was a Sideshow or Hot Toys item. But when you see the meh paint work you can tell.

I think that both will bring a lot to the table, but HT will hopefully be able to oversee the production.

Totally agree... I was just saying this to a friend the other day. If you took recent Sideshow figures and just removed the head it would be hard to tell if it was a Sideshow or Hot Toys item. But when you see the meh paint work you can tell.

I think that both will bring a lot to the table, but HT will hopefully be able to oversee the production.

Totally agree with you!

The 1/6 Scale Star Wars by Sideshow is a great line!

Now this association i think it's a good thing for the collectors!

well the sideshow jedi luke had a huge head which threw the proportions of the figure way off, and the sculpt is not as detailed as hot toys.
check it out and you be the judge if this is a well proportioned figure or not:
https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure.php?FID=26980&figure=lukeskywalkerjediexclusive

You may be right on the accessories though, and the boots, as the darth maul boots sucked. But I just think SS uses cheaper bodies and their headsculpts are no where near the quality of hot toys IMHO

Recently, I've only got 1/6th scale Joes from Sideshow, but I don't think the clothing can compete with what HT puts out. Accessories and boots? Yes. And of course, they can't touch HT in terms of head paint apps or bodies quite yet. But HT's had its own problems with QC, of course, particularly with rubber parts.

well the sideshow bespin luke had a huge head which threw the proportions of the figure way off, and the sculpt is not as detailed as hot toys. You may be right on the accessories though, and the boots, as the darth maul boots sucked. But I just think SS uses cheaper bodies and their headsculpts are no where near the quality of hot toys IMHO

That figure is also 3-4 years old and cost about £30 when he was released at the time Hot Toys cost around £120 and i can guarantee this new Luke will be around £150.

i think its quite understandable there will be a quality difference.

Back