Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently, I've only got 1/6th scale Joes from Sideshow, but I don't think the clothing can compete with what HT puts out. Accessories and boots? Yes. And of course, they can't touch HT in terms of head paint apps or bodies quite yet. But HT's had its own problems with QC, of course, particularly with rubber parts.

Very true, hot toys does have serious QC issues at times; however, their acuracy and detail in their sculpts is unmatched so far. Enterbay I think may be one of a few companies that can match Hot toys details as shown in their Godfather figure.

Totally agree... I was just saying this to a friend the other day. If you took recent Sideshow figures and just removed the head it would be hard to tell if it was a Sideshow or Hot Toys item. But when you see the meh paint work you can tell.

I think that both will bring a lot to the table, but HT will hopefully be able to oversee the production.

check out this link and You'll understand what I'm talking about.

https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure.php?FID=26980&figure=lukeskywalkerjediexclusive

Please don't tell me that this is a detailed and well proprotioned figure on par with hot toys. (It's got the bobble-head syndrom)
When people mention SS, these are the figures I think of(as shown in the above link). That's why I stopped collecting them. If after viewing that link, you still think that SS is right up their with Hot toys, then let's just agree to disagree.

Last edited:
however, their acuracy and detail in their sculpts is unmatched so far.
I disagree on this count. Sideshow has sculpts that are as good as anything HT puts out, IMO. Trevor Grove and Andy Bergholtz are easily equals to Yulli. It's production paint apps that often let you down with Sideshow.

Sideshow has the license. Hot Toys is just helping.

I understood from the press release that HT is a sub-licensee to Sideshow.

What I don't get is Enterbay/Medicom partnering on Luke Skyfoster at the same time SS/HT are still creating products? They're competitors. Lucas usually does exclusive licensing.

I disagree on this count. Sideshow has sculpts that are as good as anything HT puts out, IMO. Trevor Grove and Andy Bergholtz are easily equals to Yulli. It's production paint apps that often let you down with Sideshow.

But see, that's what matters--PRODUCTION-not prototype. Nobody cares about pre-production sculpts unless they are identical to what we receive in our hands(after mass production paint has been applied, mass production molds, etc....) . Maybe I should rephrase: Nobody comes closer to prototype-to-production acuracy then Hot Toys.

If Hot Toys did around 3-4 characters per film Id be happy with that:

Original Trilogy
A NEW HOPE
-Obi Wan Kenobi
-Tattooine Luke
-C-3P0/R2-D2
-Princess Leia

EMPIRE STRIKE BACK
-Bespin Luke DX
-Darth Vader
-Bespin Han
-Chewbacca with 3PO parts

RETURN OF THE JEDI
-Emperor
-Boba Fett (since we are getting an ESB version from SS)
-Jedi Luke Skywalker
-Endor Han Solo

PREQUELS
PHANTOM MENACE
-Qui Gon
-Obi Wan
-Darth Maul
-Padme/Queen Amidala

ATTACK OF THE CLONES
-Jango Fett
-Mace Windu
-Kit Fisto
-Count Dooku

REVENGE OF THE SITH
-General Grievous
-Anakin/Vader
-Obi Wan
-Aayla Secura

Id be happy with those.

I was afraid of this. I will be watching closely. If they match the Sideshow figures, I will get them. It they do not display well together...I won't.

...Maybe I should rephrase, Nobody comes closer to prototype acuracy then Hot Toys.

For paint apps I'll agree. But there often some really good sculpts hidden under mediocre paints. There are also some very talented re-painters on this site who can make SS figures into something every bit the equal to HT.

For paint apps I'll agree. But there often some really good sculpts hidden under mediocre paints. There are also some very talented re-painters on this site who can make SS figures into something every bit the equal to HT.

I have no doubt. I've seen some pretty amazing customizers on this site.

I am glad that so far...Bespin Luke is the only one. I was afraid that this full on collaberation went to IG-88, Boba Fett, and General Grievous as well.

I was afraid of this. I will be watching closely. If they match the Sideshow figures, I will get them. It they do not display well together...I won't.

that's my feeling as well. if there's one thing I really like about my SS SW figs is how they all go together with the same style. That's why I never bought the any of the Medi offerings

Happy day indeed for SW collectors and it looks like this SDCC will have some exciting announcements. I just find it funny that we haven't seen one photo or prototype and fanboys are pledging to throw out entire collections just to start all over again:rotfl
Someone even said you have to collect "one or the other":slap. I still have Hasbro pieces that I'm pretty sure won't make it into a Sideshow or Hot Toys line and thier decent figures for what I paid. It's all relative...collect what you like!

I'm a fan of both companies- my jaw drops (as does my wallet) for the occasional Hot Toys figure of Batman or Iron Man figure I buy. However Star Wars is the bread and butter of my collection and for the value (just look at the Battle Droids), Sideshow never disappoints. That and thier Customer Service is the best of any company I've ever dealt with, both inside and outside of Toy collecting. You can't put a price on something like that.

Yeah...my 12" collection went from an average $20 a fig, to $80-120$ a fig and now stand to go up some more in price-I just don't think I'm ready to sell off my great collection Sideshow helped me put together when I really only think Hot Toys will only be doing Deluxe versions of main characters. It's the fans that benefit the most from this:yess:

I hope this ones comes with the X-wing pilot costume or Dagobah fatigues at least.

Back