Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! This SDCC will change everything!

Exactly! Now I'm even more bummed I can't go to this year's Con!

Light-up sabers would just be too much to handle. Can't wait to see this Bespin Luke.

i'm pretty happy with my sideshow and medi collection... but i am missing a decent han, chewie and luke. then i'm making sure i lock myself in a room without computers for about 6 years, or as long as HT have the license.

This is a fantastic announcement! Even more so than Boba. I really look forward to owning a Bespin Luke that actually looks like Hamill.

I can't wait for the Photoshopping to start!

ohyeah.gif
[

Wow, for the first time maybe my collection will be missing a DX07 as I'm thinking of passing this figure up.

I'm only interested w/ Darth Vader & Anakin Skywalker (Sith version) on this SW line. Can't wait to see it made!

Last edited:
Based on the current GI Joe prices I would say it's the opposite. Now they can sell their figures for HT prices.

Not to mention that based on the agreement, Hot Toys is going to essentially have to pay, SS, Hasbro, and Lucas to make this.

Brilliant choice for their first SW figure. :rock Now I can have a jacketless Bespin Luke and he'll actually look decent.

I'm sure he'll be coming with a Yoda backpack so that means I need to pick up another SS Yoda.

If SS and HT are sharing production costs could that bring the prices down?

Not likely since both companies probably have to pay the LF Licensing fee, which anyone knows is not cheap. This only increases our costs as consumers my friend.

Really looking forward to seeing this Bespin Luke.

I'm a bit anxious about the sculpt, since Hamill has apparently been difficult to capture by sculptors not named Grove. And the DX tends to hurt sculpts more than help them in my opinion (not entirely sure why Luke needs googly eyes, either), but a Hot Toys Luke Skywalker is a win to me. And this is my favorite look of his, so, I'm pumped.

Thank god this DX is something I've no interest in. Star Wars is cool and everything but once you go there with collectibles it never ends.

Back