Hot Toys DX 03 speculation...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys want you to guess what the DX03 is.

If it really is T800 then it will probably be an all encompassing figure. I had thought maybe they could fit two more separate versions, but if the next one is a DX it will cover both stages of damage.

People most likely wont buy a same character again if they already got a DX

for selfish reasons i hope it's jack sparrow...

Fox Mulder :D

Well if a DX is an ultimate version of something they've done before then I would say Terminator. The T-850 I think?

Well, I personally would hope for a T1 T-800 figure, and it would make some sense because he has various heads (I would flip if it was Tech Noir/police station attack versions--though we would need an extra body to be released separately).

I don't think it will be any of the Inglorious guys, because I don't see them investing in something as a DX that isn't a near sure-fire hit. Plus, these guys are just too boring-looking. I'm surprised HT is going with that license at all.

A more likely possibility is Mark IV or V Iron Man--including Stark suit and head w/moving eyes. Movie is coming in May, and getting figures out reasonably quickly would be a good move. Only problem is the BD Mark III was just released, which could cut down a bit on interest.

Superman, Rambo, and Rocky would all be very welcome additions, however.

Since I don't know which thread will survive the cut (though I'm guessing the other one, since this one is in the Alien section for some reason), I'll repost this here:

Well, I personally would hope for a T1 T-800 figure, and it would make some sense because he has various heads (I would flip if it was Tech Noir/police station attack versions--though we would need an extra body to be released separately).

I don't think it will be any of the Inglorious guys, because I don't see them investing in something as a DX that isn't a near sure-fire hit. Plus, these guys are just too boring-looking. I'm surprised HT is going with that license at all.

A more likely possibility is Mark IV or V Iron Man--including Stark suit and head w/moving eyes. Movie is coming in May, and getting figures out reasonably quickly would be a good move. Only problem is the BD Mark III was just released, which could cut down a bit on interest.

Superman, Rambo, and Rocky would all be very welcome additions, however.

My guess is Superman.

They said it would be a surprise. A new figure in an existing line -- Rambo, Terminator, Pirates, Iron Man, Inglorious, etc. doesn't seem like an out-of-left-field thing. Reeve's Superman has only really been mentioned tangentially in one HT publication -- and it wasn't even in English. Outside of a few groups like us ... I'd bet few know about it, and most would characterize it as a rumor only. It has not been previously announced, previewed, or even hinted at outside of a single mention in one foreign-language publication.

I think its Superman.

SnakeDoc

Well so far, there are two major factors that distinguish the DX line--1) moving eyeballs; and 2) re-releases of previous figures. Not just characters, but approximately the same outfits.

Given that, I don't know that a new character is very likely, though all it takes is one release that bucks the number 2 criteria to through all that out the window.

T-800 from T1 and T2 will both have been released by the time this figure comes out, so they both meet this criteria. As do Rocky and Rambo. Iron Man to an extent. Though I don't imagine in any world that they will do another Mark III, the next two iterations will be similar enough that it probably works.

I think another potential (though unlikely) choice would be P1 Predator. Problem is, they pretty much nailed him with the first release.

Last edited:
I guess it will be T1 related. Imagine Reese with two heads and two outfit (trench coat and resistant uniform).

Yeah the whole point of a DX is to get you to buy the same product twice. I dont think it will be Superman , because people would buy a regular Superman anyway and then they would buy a DX again. If they release DX first , thats lost potential sales.

So still think T-800 or Iron Man

HT said they're not interesting to make figure from Terminator 3
And thank the lord for that. To the extent possible, they should focus their resources on characters from movies that don't suck, IMO.

I'm hoping for a 1984 Kyle Reese, but that might get saved for the all new T1 line that is rumoured.

I think it'll be either a BD T-800 or a comic based property. I just hope we don't have to wait weeks for news.

Would love for it to be Rambo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back