Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

So… to answer your question Lotus. The construction is actually pretty loose, you have to push and pull a lot to get the wall panels in, or to get the connectors to light up, and just moving one end of the display will cause some lights to go out. It looks nice, and it's heavy, but it doesn't feel "solid," if you know what I mean.

As a huge Iron Man fan, I knew I was going to get this, and I usually don't sweat about the cost. But I do feel like this was overpriced. One day I am going to sell this, and someone is going to get a real bargain.

But for now, I really like it.

I really appreciate the honesty about it not really feeling solid. I'm having a hard time clicking the ship my loot button on this set. I was thinking about taking the time to build the HOA out of wood. I think the hardest part is the back panel due to it having the most detail. I've been wanting a 3D printer for a long time now and thinking of getting one. I'm not sure if anyone has thought about printing an HOA cube?

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

I really appreciate the honesty about it not really feeling solid. I'm having a hard time clicking the ship my loot button on this set. I was thinking about taking the time to build the HOA out of wood. I think the hardest part is the back panel due to it having the most detail. I've been wanting a 3D printer for a long time now and thinking of getting one. I'm not sure if anyone has thought about printing an HOA cube?

If you are doubting your purchase, go ahead and cancel it brother. BBTS will give you credit back, but in sure you can use that money on something you can appreciate more right now. Or in the near future.

This will be in clearance at one point, I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Set looks great. How do you feel about the Quality of the Product? Do you feel it was worth the 800.00 investment?

Does the full set of the hall of armours cost $800 without the figures? :horror

Yes full retail. Plus another $55-65 dollars to ship that big honking box they come in. Plus tax for Cali collectors.
Ouch. How much did you pay in total? That tax for Cali must blow big time. :google

DSCF6383_zpse294a1d8.jpg

That is totally sick!!!!!:horror:panic::yess::clap:hi5::monkey5

I'm still waiting for my 2 pieces for my Mark VI & VII.

That is totally sick!!!!!:horror:panic::yess::clap:hi5::monkey5

I'm still waiting for my 2 pieces for my Mark VI & VII.

Thanks!

I started 3D printing a hall of armor. I printed the back stand pieces. I can get some pictures if you want. I drew up the whole thing thin 3D to work with the bases that came with the iron man 2 figures. It would be pricey to print the whole thing. It would be cheaper to buy this.

for those that want dimensions for the Hall its 59" long and 15" deep.

now for pictures

DSCF6386_zps9248e818.jpg

DSCF6383_zpse294a1d8.jpg

DSCF6408_zps1119332d.jpg

Those pics are just damn friggin amazing! :thud: If i collected 1/6 figures then this set up would be a no brainer. B-E-A-utiful! :clap

Thanks!

I started 3D printing a hall of armor. I printed the back stand pieces. I can get some pictures if you want. I drew up the whole thing thin 3D to work with the bases that came with the iron man 2 figures. It would be pricey to print the whole thing. It would be cheaper to buy this.

Thanks for the reply.:hi5: Yeah I have been watching a company called Solidoodle for a while now.

https://store.solidoodle.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=79

They are on their 3rd gen printer which has an 8x8x8 base build area. The machine seems solid and only costs 800.00 which in the 3d Printer world seems to be a good price compared to MakerBot Replicator. It uses 1.75mm ABS plastic spool filament. The Filament cost around 40.00 per 2lb spool. The good thing is to print the back panel I would only need to use a dark Grey color spool. I'm sure you have more experience in judging how many 2Lb spools of plastic I need to make one panel. This is where like you said could cost more than buying the Hot Toys HOA. The cool thing about printing myself would be once I'm done having the HOA and a 3D printer to make other Weapons and stuff for my Transformers, or other Action Figures I collect.

Thanks for the reply.:hi5: Yeah I have been watching a company called Solidoodle for a while now.

https://store.solidoodle.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=79

They are on their 3rd gen printer which has an 8x8x8 base build area. The machine seems solid and only costs 800.00 which in the 3d Printer world seems to be a good price compared to MakerBot Replicator. It uses 1.75mm ABS plastic spool filament. The Filament cost around 40.00 per 2lb spool. The good thing is to print the back panel I would only need to use a dark Grey color spool. I'm sure you have more experience in judging how many 2Lb spools of plastic I need to make one panel. This is where like you said could cost more than buying the Hot Toys HOA. The cool thing about printing myself would be once I'm done having the HOA and a 3D printer to make other Weapons and stuff for my Transformers, or other Action Figures I collect.

Thats a pretty good looking printer. The only problem is that you would have to print the back panel in 2 sections. You could do that and then cast the rest of the back panels.

I would love to own a 3D printer. I just use shapeways right now. they are pretty good but pricey. There are a lot of cool items for Transformers that you can print that I've seen. I would be all over that if I was still into custom Transformers

Thats a pretty good looking printer. The only problem is that you would have to print the back panel in 2 sections. You could do that and then cast the rest of the back panels.

I would love to own a 3D printer. I just use shapeways right now. they are pretty good but pricey. There are a lot of cool items for Transformers that you can print that I've seen. I would be all over that if I was still into custom Transformers

Really appreciate the incite. I've been waiting to get into 3D printing for a while now and this could be my first project. Yeah Thingaverse has many cool things that people designed ready to print. Well I don't want to clutter this thread anymore with my aspirations of one day owning and printing my very own HOA :). I have 7 days left before my BBTS order will no longer be able to be cancelled.

Thanks everyone for their input on my dilemma :hi5:

Yes full retail. Plus another $55-65 dollars to ship that big honking box they come in. Plus tax for Cali collectors.

Man, that's some serious cash! :horror but the final set up looks unbeatable :exactly:

Has anybody had issues with defective units in their set of 7? One of my units has an overhead light that works only intermittently, and I have 2 non-lighting side walls (out of 14). The 2 side walls aren't a big deal when the set is assembled as one unit (you only use 8 of 14 since neighboring units share one wall), but I still want them all to function since I paid $800 shipped for the set. I contacted BBTS, I'm sure they'll be able to help, their customer service is excellent.

Cant seem to locate the figure stands in my set of 7. Am I blind where are these located in the packaging?

They are inside each box on the outside of one of the top styrofoam protectors. its easy to miss.

Fantastic!! Thank you sir

No problem! I got through 3 boxes before i noticed them and had to go back through and get them.

Cadaver, your setup is awesome. I'm starting to want this now :slap So many other items I want more. Plus I want a new display. Ahhh. Dilemmas

Back