Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

The Gantry is still in stock!? thats shocking, such a great piece

I definitely want to pick one up but yes it's in stock still. From photos it looks amazing.

Re: Hot Toys - DS001A-C - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Hall of Armor Collectible Specs & P

If I had the space both the gantry and HOA would be mine!

Personally im just waiting for SSC to realized that this isnt selling and start slashing the price like the gantry

It'll be a while before they slash the prices on the HOA. The Gantry went down in price though. I probably pick that up before any of the HOA.

It'll be a while before they slash the prices on the HOA. The Gantry went down in price though. I probably pick that up before any of the HOA.

Its a way nicer way to display an armor then just standing one in a HOA bay imo

Its a way nicer way to display an armor then just standing one in a HOA bay imo

That's the whole reason of getting it way before I even touch the HOA. I would love to display the Mark II once I get him in and attached to the Gantry. That would look pretty sweet.

I got the gantry with the Mark IV when it was up for preorder--my first purchase from SS--and I love it. It's an impressive piece--a lot of detail on the parts and really makes for a great display. It's been available (and on sale) for so long I'm surprised it hasn't been a prize in any of their online contests.

I do wish they'd drop the price on the HoA, too. I have a set of 7 but have been thinking of stacking another set on top. I just don't want to pay full price again. However, I'd gladly pay more for these than the new styrofoam bays.

If I had the space both the gantry and HOA would be mine!

Same here, I am considering picking this up as an option to display the Mark III.

I do wish they'd drop the price on the HoA, too. I have a set of 7 but have been thinking of stacking another set on top. I just don't want to pay full price again. However, I'd gladly pay more for these than the new styrofoam bays.

Thats what I was thinking... but then I need more space to display more than 3 bays in a row to begin with.

Still think its a shame about the HPP ones, the displays looks really great shame the execution of the product is weak.

I got the gantry with the Mark IV when it was up for preorder--my first purchase from SS--and I love it. It's an impressive piece--a lot of detail on the parts and really makes for a great display. It's been available (and on sale) for so long I'm surprised it hasn't been a prize in any of their online contests.

Yes that seems like the best thing to do, I don't think there will be a price drop, best you could hope for is extra rewards

and they arent even included in Stark Week :ohbfrank:

I did some testing on this tonight and one 4.5vdc power supply will run everything

I started with an 8 position buss bar and an 8 position jumper strip. I cut the jumper strip in half and attached the halves to the buss bar, this gives you 8 places to connect to for the power and 8 for the ground. Then I attached this to the back of the middle bay with 2 sided tape.

Then I took an old converter that had a plug the fit the bay’s jack and I cut the converter off. I plugged this into the middle bay’s 4.5vdc jack and ran it to the buss bar. I cut it to length and put some ring terminals on it so I could easily attach it to the left side center power and ground terminal of the buss bar.

I didn’t have a 4.5vdc power converter so I just taped 3 D cell batteries in series and ran some wires to the right side center power and ground terminals. This will work for this test but once I have a 4.5vdc power supply I’ll replace it.

I turned the bases on and they all worked

The I wired up each wall similar to Hokietwo’s dowel rod method except I used screws instead of thumb tacks.

As I wired up each wall I ran the wires to the buss bar and connected them to make sure they worked. Sometimes I would have to loosen the screw to make contact on the positive terminal of the wall unit.

It took a couple hours to do 3 bays but I had a lot of trial and error.

This would work for any number if bays and if you had a lit figure base in close proximity to the buss bar you could run power to it as well.

Then everything could be controlled with one switch.
This actually looks exactly like what I'd need, as I have no route to a power socket for my HoA. You've used some terminology I don't understand, though (not an electronics / electricals bod here), and I can't see enough in your pictures to work it out for certain.

I see I need at least

* Lots of wire (duh)
* DC adapter to fit the HoA unit
* Dowel / other + pins to make the battery substitutes
* D-type in-series battery holder (or lots of sticky tape :))

I don't know what buss bars or jumper strip are, though. From a google search, it looks like buss bars are the same as terminal blocks, and jumper strips are like metal combs (or the other way around) - is that right?

From what I can see in the picture and determine from your text

* The halved jumper strip goes into the top and bottom half of the buss bar
* The power-in cables go +ve above the split, -ve below, making the top half of the bar all +ve and the bottom all -ve
* Any top-half can then be run to a +ve terminal, and any bottom half can go to a -ve terminal

Is that correct?

If so - to make it work for bigger set ups (I have 7 HoA + workshop = 10 outputs), it it just a case of using a longer buss bar?

Saw the earlier measurements for the HOA alone...anyone that has the platform as well set up in front of the armors, got the squared off measurements for a full set up? I am sure we are talking a table now...

i love this piece. One of my favourites

Saw the earlier measurements for the HOA alone...anyone that has the platform as well set up in front of the armors, got the squared off measurements for a full set up? I am sure we are talking a table now...
My shelf with 7 * HoA and Tony on the platform (with cardboard outer ring) is on a shelf 162cm * 90cm, with about 5cm clear each side and in front and about 10cm between the front of the HoA and the platform outer ring.

If you squash the platform right up to the HoA, it could fit into about 1.5m * 75cm, but it would have little apparent depth and look very crowded if you also have the robot arm and work table in the setup. The extra depth I have in my display allows me to put those two items at different distances from the viewing point so it feels a bit more 3D.

My shelf with 7 * HoA and Tony on the platform (with cardboard outer ring) is on a shelf 162cm * 90cm, with about 5cm clear each side and in front and about 10cm between the front of the HoA and the platform outer ring.

If you squash the platform right up to the HoA, it could fit into about 1.5m * 75cm, but it would have little apparent depth and look very crowded if you also have the robot arm and work table in the setup. The extra depth I have in my display allows me to put those two items at different distances from the viewing point so it feels a bit more 3D.

You say it is on a 'shelf '? That is a huge shelf....aside from the floor, I haven't been able to find a large enough item (shelf / bookcase etc) to hold it...

Last edited:

You say it is on a 'shelf '? That is a huge shelf....aside from the floor, I haven't been able to find a large enough item (shelf / bookcase etc) to hold it...
I have custom made display cases, specifically built deep enough to hold Hot Toys Batmobiles. It just happened to be the case that it was also deep enough for a full HoA display :)

Toys_Displays_20140826_0007.jpg

I have custom made display cases, specifically built deep enough to hold Hot Toys Batmobiles. It just happened to be the case that it was also deep enough for a full HoA display :)

wow, great collection!

Last edited:

Wow amazing display. Nice cabinet.

That is a nice display case.

I build cases like this and even though your collection is awesome can you post more info about the case?

Can you get a picture from a further distance.

It looks like you used a sliding glass door system, is that correct?

It also looks like you could do a wine cellar under the HOA ;)

Last edited:

I would never leave that room :lol

That is an incredible set-up you have.

wow, great collection!

Wow amazing display. Nice cabinet.

I would never leave that room :lol

That is an incredible set-up you have.

Thanks, guys. The display isn't quite finished - some of the top shelf items will move to smaller cabinets that haven't been installed yet, to make room for the 1966 Batmobile and DeLorean (eventually) as well as more Iron Man suits, since the Marvel shelf is already a bit full.

That is a nice display case.

I build cases like this and even though your collection is awesome can you post more info an=bout the case?

Can you get a picture from a further distance.

It looks like you used a sliding glass door system, is that correct?

It also looks like you could do a wine cellar under the HOA ;)
Toys_Displays_20140826_0009.jpg
I didn't build these myself, they were designed and built for me. This is one of two similar cabinet rooms; this one has a 1m depth on the back wall to accommodate the cars, with 60cm sides and currently holds my Star Wars, LotR, Batman and Marvel stuff, the other is 60cm depth on all sides and hold my Transformers, Assassins Creed and Portal stuff.

The bases are wooden with storage space (not enough for all my Hot Toys boxes, but a little bit), the doors are indeed glass on a slide mechanism. The shelves are glass supported on metal arms that can be adjusted up and down similar to what you'd find in a supermarket. The lighting is LED panels + spotlights; each side can be operated / lit independently of the others, although the spotlights and LEDs for each side work together.

There are no power supplies into the interior of the case, hence my earlier posts asking about wiring up the HoA to a battery unit, for which I now have most of the parts to progress )

Back