Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

That's on the 2 billion? Wow! Clever George. Just to think some people believe George doesn't care about Star Wars anymore, even though he still has a massive financial investment in it.

Plus, he gets royalties on the usage of the characters he created, which was the reason they wanted to kill of the OT characters and start a trilogy with mostly new characters and limit the screen time of the oldies.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Plus, he gets royalties on the usage of the characters he created, which was the reason they wanted to kill of the OT characters and start a trilogy with mostly new characters and limit the screen time of the oldies.

Has that ever been confirmed? Sounds like BS to me.

Has that ever been confirmed? Sounds like BS to me.

It's standard in an industry that requires anyone who creates something to be properly credited, and compensated for it.
Google "George Lucas Character Rights"(Or similar variations), and read till your heart's content, lol.
Don't you find it strange they just paid the smallest lip service in TFA and TLJ to our main characters, and only slightly increased them in TROS?

Whatever the reason, I am fine with Skywalker and old heroes chapter being closed. They are iconic and should not be tempered with for so long.

Whatever the reason, I am fine with Skywalker and old heroes chapter being closed. They are iconic and should not be tempered with for so long.

I'm fine with their chapters being closed, in a respectful and interesting way, which we didn't get.

I'm fine with their chapters being closed, in a respectful and interesting way, which we didn't get.

Yes, I think that's what it comes down to for many, and also why there is still so much debate.

This stuff is important to so many people, to have it treated disrespectfully, with no plan and only money as the main focus just rubs a lot the wrong way.

If they had had someone creative in control with a plan and a REAL tie with Star Wars then I'm sure it would have turned out different.

But it is unfortunately as it is. Have to move forward and on to better things. Thank the maker we have Mandalorian and Clone Wars characters to spin off into new series and content.

Yes, I think that's what it comes down to for many, and also why there is still so much debate.

This stuff is important to so many people, to have it treated disrespectfully, with no plan and only money as the main focus just rubs a lot the wrong way.

If they had had someone creative in control with a plan and a REAL tie with Star Wars then I'm sure it would have turned out different.

But it is unfortunately as it is. Have to move forward and on to better things. Thank the maker we have Mandalorian and Clone Wars characters to spin off into new series and content.

Honestly, if it weren't for The Mandalorian and The Clone Wars S7 then I woulda been out after TROS.

Honestly, if it weren't for The Mandalorian and The Clone Wars S7 then I woulda been out after TROS.

Yes me too. I'm sure they would have lost a lot of fans. Even the most invested (Jon Hoey on StarWarsNewsNet) are starting to lose faith.

I would have continued to collect Hot Toy OT figures here and there, but other than that I would have been out. Maybe my wallet wishes that !

Disney couldn't pay Faverau & Filoni enough imo. They've saved it.

High Republic doesn't look like it will tempt me in the slightest.

High Republic doesn't look like it will tempt me in the slightest.

I?m just not into books and things like that anyway so it?s never been of any interest to me. All I want is an Old Republic movie or show.

I?m just not into books and things like that anyway so it?s never been of any interest to me. All I want is an Old Republic movie or show.

Same. Not digging High republic concept. Give us more blur videos of the old republic turned into a show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I mean how hard can it be ? Plenty of source material all there for the picking. Sith vs Jedi in armies. The intrigue within the Sith. Lore building.

I'm a big fan of Darth Bane and the formation of the Rule of Two book trilogy. I mean something like that also helps give a direct background to Palpatine and his apprentices.

Who wouldn't want to see a movie with the origin story of how a guy becomes a Sith, how he finds Sith artefacts and grows to be the biggest badass who shows the long established Sith order that they are weak and wrong, and then creating the rule of two ??!! Twisting a young child he finds to become a Sith and all intertwining with the wars against the Jedi as a backdrop.....

Well said, guys.
All i want is more Star Wars. MOAR!
With people like Favreau and Filoni helming good SW, we could handle a movie every couple of years, with random subjects like R1.
New characters, set in the SW universe. Keep mixing it up.

Well said, guys.
All i want is more Star Wars. MOAR!
With people like Favreau and Filoni helming good SW, we could handle a movie every couple of years, with random subjects like R1.
New characters, set in the SW universe. Keep mixing it up.

Exactly. I mean I know I gave the example of something waaaay back in time. But keeping within the known time zone is not all bad either. The Mandalorian shows that.

The look can be kept the same and familiar, just with new characters and locations. The empire threat doesn't have to centralise around Vader and the top tier Imperials. I'm sure there are enough good grass roots stories with evil local governors or whatever.

Or make a trilogy from the Empire side and see parts of the known OT from the Empire side. Lost Stars anyone ??

Maybe that's where Filoni got the idea for those final Clone Wars episodes touching on Ep3 from a different angle.

Plenty of possibilities really.

Exactly. I mean I know I gave the example of something waaaay back in time. But keeping within the known time zone is not all bad either. The Mandalorian shows that.

Yeah. I'd love an old republic show or movie.

The look can be kept the same and familiar, just with new characters and locations. The empire threat doesn't have to centralise around Vader and the top tier Imperials. I'm sure there are enough good grass roots stories with evil local governors or whatever.

It could even be set in amongst our previously adored stories.

Or make a trilogy from the Empire side and see parts of the known OT from the Empire side. Lost Stars anyone ??

Maybe that's where Filoni got the idea for those final Clone Wars episodes touching on Ep3 from a different angle.

Plenty of possibilities really.

When i was in the cinema watching Rogue One, i had an idea. A trilogy from Jyn's point of view. Each one *just slightly* off from the OT. The first one, as we all know, was about the DS plans, the second one could start off on Hoth in Echo base, then our heroes escape the Empire with some derring do, and go off on their own adventures, ending up with the fleet just at the same time as Luke and co arrive, then the third one could have been them(Being old hands at this), helping the Bothans steal the DSII info, regrouping with the fleet, and helping out at Endor(Or, perhaps, doing something totally different during the time of the battle of Endor).
It's a shame they killed them off as another OT themed trilogy would have gone down very well with older fans.

If we're going Old Republic I want us to start with this guy and the Mandalorian Wars.

revan.jpg

Basically adapt everything from Drew Karpyshyn (the Dave Filoni of the Old Republic): KOTOR, Revan, and the Bane trilogy. Does Kathleen Kennedy even know Drew Karpyshyn exists?

All I want is Revan to appear canonically in a movie or TV show so I can get a damn Hot Toys figure of him, same with Malak and Nihilus

I?d love to see the Bane trilogy as movies.

If we're going Old Republic I want us to start with this guy and the Mandalorian Wars.

View attachment 495215

Basically adapt everything from Drew Karpyshyn (the Dave Filoni of the Old Republic): KOTOR, Revan, and the Bane trilogy. Does Kathleen Kennedy even know Drew Karpyshyn exists?

Actually Drew karpyshyn is the male version of Kennedy for what he did to Bane. He had bane lose to some mary sue. Maybe Kennedy got her ideas after reading the Bane trilogy.

Actually Drew karpyshyn is the male version of Kennedy for what he did to Bane. He had bane lose to some mary sue. Maybe Kennedy got her ideas after reading the Bane trilogy.

How was Darth Zannah a Mary Sue? She was losing to Bane during their second duel on Ambria. He tried to move his consciousness into her mind but failed. Even defeated Bane was able to imprint part of himself onto her. Doesn’t seem like she was all that powerful to me.

Back