Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

Even without knowing who he’s playing I desperately want a Giancarlo Esposito figure.

I didn’t but Iggy v2, but I wouldn’t hesitate in buying a Mando show version of him and Bossk.

I can remember ages ago thinking nah won't get all the bounty hunters. 40 odd figures later probably could have done that.

I doubt Hot Toys would do them. Although I guess if IG88 starts them off anything's possible. Can't remember if all the bounty hunters survived are all potentially still kicking around in the Mandalorian or not ? I guess so if they were in ESB.

If the rumors are true about Bossk being on the show, I guess that makes everyone else safe considering he was also on Jabba’s sail barge in ROTJ.

If you choose to put much stake in that being canon.

If the rumors are true about Bossk being on the show, I guess that makes everyone else safe considering he was also on Jabba’s sail barge in ROTJ.

If you choose to put much stake in that being canon.

Sounds good to me. If they want to add a bit of nostalgia to the Mandalorian, that's a good way of doing it. Guess it's no guarantee for HT to make a figure, but would be cool.

The bit about IG-88 being his main sidekick is fantastic news if true. This series sounds like it will be insanely good.

Yeah totally. If IG-88 is his sidekick he is hopefully pretty badass ! That's what we need. Lawlessness in the wild west of the outer rim !!

If they've understood the market (looking at Rogue One love and any decent TV show - GoT, Breaking Bad etc) then a more edgier grown up plot is the way to go.

Just hope they don't make IG-88 into comic relief like K2. Surely they won't do that, IG-88 can't be comically funny. Plus given the talent producing this they wouldn't be dumb to make him out of context.

Anyway I have faith. It's going to be awesome ! Bring on the trailer !

Just hope they don't make IG-88 into comic relief like K2. Surely they won't do that, IG-88 can't be comically funny. Plus given the talent producing this they wouldn't be dumb to make him out of context.

I mean if the favreau's Twitter is to be believed it looks like Taika Waititi is doing his voice so I wouldn't count on him not being comedic in some way.
Screen-Shot-2019-03-22-at-9.36.46-AM.jpg

As long as it's the kinda dry/sarcastic humor, more akin to K2s0 from rogue one rather than say L3-37 from Solo I think he'll be cool. I just don't want slapstick humor that undermines his unfeeling killer machine vibe. I mean he had rep enough that Vader brought him on...

Side note: Mando helmet!

I mean if the favreau's Twitter is to be believed it looks like Taika Waititi is doing his voice so I wouldn't count on him not being comedic in some way.
View attachment 449474

As long as it's the kinda dry/sarcastic humor, more akin to K2s0 from rogue one rather than say L3-37 from Solo. I think he'll be cool.

Side note: Mando helmet!

Yeah I saw Taika is doing the voice. I'm sure they'll get the tone right. Dry sarcastic works for me, from time to time.

Thinking about it further. I think it could work if had some humorous dry robotic comment after he kills some underworld thugs for example. I imagine it could also sort of fit with Star Wars style humour too.

Definitely agree with that about being more K2-SO than L3-37. I have an irrational dislike of that particular droid.

The Mandalorian and IG-88 would make a fantastic pairing in the Detolf.

I'm most curious about Bossk's rumored new costume. He's my second favorite Bounty Hunter behind Fett and I think his costume is perfect as-is. Especially, considering we haven't seem him do anything in it, live-action wise.

I'm most curious about Bossk's rumored new costume. He's my second favorite Bounty Hunter behind Fett and I think his costume is perfect as-is. Especially, considering we haven't seem him do anything in it, live-action wise.

I'm imagining something closer to the trandoshan hunters from Clone wars. Which were partly inspired by the trandoshans from republic commando.

Exactly. This could be so sweet with modern special effects. Considering how much they are spending per episode I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an appearance and is particularly bad ass !

After just seeing the trailer and BTS stuff, I think I’m going to want everything from this series. Looks friggin awesome!

Back