Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

Really looking forward to this. Hoping for a GOT style darkness mixed with SW but we’ll see. Need to see a teaser... hopefully soon :gah:

Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

Really looking forward to this. Hoping for a GOT style darkness mixed with SW but we’ll see. Need to see a teaser... hopefully soon :gah:

Yeah. I think a teaser is going to blow everyone away. They need to go for full impact / shock & awe on this first trailer.

Hopefully like the Rebels trailers. Those really get people going. Although they show perhaps a little too much of what was coming maybe.

I love IG-88. No idea why, but I love it. Would love a Hot Toys version and I hope it’s more than just a cameo.

I love IG-88. No idea why, but I love it. Would love a Hot Toys version and I hope it’s more than just a cameo.

Just look at his design. He screams homicidal death robot. Imagine all the carnage while he just spins around shootings lasers out of everywhere:lol

What's not to love?

Yeah as much as I'd really love an IG-88, the Sideshow version has always looked a bit underwhelming to me somehow. So I'd be really curious to see what an HT one would look like.

I was able to get a V1 IG-88 this year and although the bot sculpt is off he does look really good. I’d love to see HT take on the BHs but I don’t see them doing that any time in the next few years or longer considering all the SW content coming out. Maybe unless they were regular main characters on the show.
I really hope they give the assassin droid his deep garbled voice like his animated version and not a human voice... I’d lose it.

It's a great design that would be hard to turn down.

Who'd have thought Star Wars on the small screen would be more anticipated than Star Wars on the big screen?

People watching Star Wars on their 5 inch phone. :lol

Who'd have thought Star Wars on the small screen would be more anticipated than Star Wars on the big screen?

If it's a good story with better character development (due to long format over multiple seasons) and great effects bring it on !

Ok maybe not on phone. But large flat screen TV ! Or projector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am eagerly awaiting episode 9. This series I am not expecting to like it too much. It might be to slow and boring taking more than a season to pick up speed.

I am eagerly awaiting episode 9. This series I am not expecting to like it too much. It might be to slow and boring taking more than a season to pick up speed.

Famous last words :lol

I have the same feelings you do, but just switch the movie and this tv show around:lol

I'm just as excited for both, although I admit the TV series is a bit more intriguing just because we've gotten a few more glimpses of it.

I'm excited for both, and frankly just happy we are getting multiple Star Wars projects. I have some issues with some of the stuff that's happened in the stories, but overall I've been pretty pleased with the new movies, books, comics, etc... the later seasons of Rebels were fun as well. It's a pretty awesome time to be a Star Wars fan IMO.

I imagine we'll get our first teasers of both IX and Mandalorian at SWC. Though, I do expect we will get a IX title soon. They just wrapped filming in
Spoiler Spoiler:
and much of the cast has announced they're done filming. I think they're supposed to wrap picture mid this month.

I'm curious if we'll get some Aftermath tie in stuff in the Mandalorian, depending on how long it goes. I'd be really curious to find out more about the Acolytes of Beyond, which I think is around the same time the show takes place.

I'm excited for both, and frankly just happy we are getting multiple Star Wars projects. I have some issues with some of the stuff that's happened in the stories, but overall I've been pretty pleased with the new movies, books, comics, etc... the later seasons of Rebels were fun as well. It's a pretty awesome time to be a Star Wars fan IMO.

I imagine we'll get our first teasers of both IX and Mandalorian at SWC. Though, I do expect we will get a IX title soon. They just wrapped filming in
Spoiler Spoiler:
and much of the cast has announced they're done filming. I think they're supposed to wrap picture mid this month.

I'm curious if we'll get some Aftermath tie in stuff in the Mandalorian, depending on how long it goes. I'd be really curious to find out more about the Acolytes of Beyond, which I think is around the same time the show takes place.

Yep totally with you Neb. While I think the Mandalorian holds a lot of potential with the long format of TV story telling, it is awesome to have so much new content. We tend to lose sight of that.

There are rumours of the title. However who knows if it's true. Title doesn't really do much for me anyway. It's the movie itself that counts.

If anyone is interested rumoured title is

Spoiler Spoiler:

As if anyone can really be surprised, it seems as if he gets a suit change in the show. Although it appears to happen relatively early on, instead of towards the end of the season like the usual trope is. So more toys. Yay!

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/12/the-macguffin-of-star-wars-the-mandalorian-revealed/

Hmmm. New costuming is going to complicate things from HT. I don't see them at least initially tossing a bunch of figures behind this, I'm predicting maybe one Mandolorian and if he is suited up in multiple ways it'll be interesting to see which look HT does. Hasbro I'm sure will do them all in various scales but I just don't see HT making multiples unless this thing is an amazing hit and even then the slate of figures is usually so broad that it might get shuffled into a season one and then wait for season two kind of thing

Yep totally with you Neb. While I think the Mandalorian holds a lot of potential with the long format of TV story telling, it is awesome to have so much new content. We tend to lose sight of that.

There are rumours of the title. However who knows if it's true. Title doesn't really do much for me anyway. It's the movie itself that counts.

If anyone is interested rumoured title is

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, Mando looks like a good bunch of fun. I'm hoping it does well and gets picked up beyond one season. I'm sure it will, and I imagine Filoni/Favreau have plans for that already - but that would be awesome.

I don't think that's the title, since I think having that word in the same trilogy twice would be redundant. That said, otherwise it seems okay to me. I think the only thing that would really tickle my nerd fancy is if they just straight up called the movie Episode IX: Knights of Ren or something lol. Otherwise, I don't think the title will really spark much "debate" or anything to be specifically stoked about.

I think Mandalorian is supposed to take place 3-7 years after ROTJ? If it ends up being a longer running series, it would be sweet to get some name mentions in there like Poe's parents or Thayne and Cienna from Lost Stars if they touch on anything Republic/Empire related. I'm sure the chance of Rebels name drops is pretty high

Really want to see E9. I don't think I'll watch this until the blu ray is out. I don't intend to subscribe to Disney plus atm.

Back