Hot Toys - DeLorean - Mod ideas & Resources

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to start off simple a lot of great ideas here but it seems too big too fast, all I want to know is what size diameter wire they used, so I can add my own bundles. That alone should look a whole lot better to where I don't feel the need to disassemble the vehicle a little goes a long way most of the detail is there especially with the lights they do have I really don't think a heavy mod is really necessary

I'd like to start off simple a lot of great ideas here but it seems too big too fast, all I want to know is what size diameter wire they used, so I can add my own bundles. That alone should look a whole lot better to where I don't feel the need to disassemble the vehicle a little goes a long way most of the detail is there especially with the lights they do have I really don't think a heavy mod is really necessary

Well, it's not an 'all or nothing' thing. The idea is just to identify all the areas that are inaccurate, and try to come up with potential ways to fix/improve them.
Ultimately they are all going to have different difficulties/cost, and everyone will decide what to do (if anything!) and what not to do.

Some of the issues are likely to be too hard for any but the most dedicated modder (e.g. fixing the A-frame on the doors), whilst others, such as the extra wiring, should be easy for anyone.

I do think that it is useful to have a thorough list of known inaccuracies, even if some of them may be impractical to fix.

Well, it's not an 'all or nothing' thing. The idea is just to identify all the areas that are inaccurate, and try to come up with potential ways to fix/improve them.
Ultimately they are all going to have different difficulties/cost, and everyone will decide what to do (if anything!) and what not to do.

Some of the issues are likely to be too hard for any but the most dedicated modder (e.g. fixing the A-frame on the doors), whilst others, such as the extra wiring, should be easy for anyone.

I do think that it is useful to have a thorough list of known inaccuracies, even if some of them may be impractical to fix.

:exactly: Thanks, SpaceWumpus. Well put.

No one is putting a gun to your head and demanding you mod it. And as SpaceWumpus said - different people will be comfortable doing different mods. I was just trying to do a nice thing and create a thread where we can all combine our resources and see if we can solve any of the problems.

As I keep saying - the bigger stuff might not even be possible to do.

I've been watching this thread and wanted to throw this out there. I came across this silicone ice tray for back to the future part two which has three outatime molds. For anybody who uses resin, they could use this to make a 3d license plate. The tray is 6 and half inches long. So the smaller one in the tray seems to me that it might be the right size for the 1/6 scale delorean.

Link:
Back to the Future Silicone Ice Cube Tray - Diamond Select - Back to the Future - Barware at Entertainment Earth

I've been watching this thread and wanted to throw this out there. I came across this silicone ice tray for back to the future part two which has three outatime molds. For anybody who uses resin, they could use this to make a 3d license plate. The tray is 6 and half inches long. So the smaller one in the tray seems to me that it might be the right size for the 1/6 scale delorean.

Link:
Back to the Future Silicone Ice Cube Tray - Diamond Select - Back to the Future - Barware at Entertainment Earth

That's a good find and would be great if it works. It's certainly worth bearing in mind. Thanks.

I've bought one to have a look at it.

Thought I would add my attempt at adding more 'cables' to the interior. Will be starting on the divers side tomorrow. Gonna be fiddly what with my arm in a cast. Im going to weather them a bit to make them look grubby. They look too new and shiny at the moment. But yeah, just adding in this little cluster has improved the interior quite considerably IMO.

If anyone wants to know what wires I used, I used 7-Strand Tinned Copper 0.2mm Wire. Colours I got were grey, yellow, green, red and blue. If youre in the UK, search ebay listing number 151320037891.

20160531_170718.jpg
20160531_170743.jpg
20160531_173228.jpg
20160531_180227.jpg

Word of advice if anyone else attempts this mod. There is a gap in the footwell where the wires can tuck into so they stay at the right height (for the central console wires) but be careful as there are 2 wires there that I guess powers the flux capacitor and back panel lights. The dash is hollow so the wires that wrap round the dash by the door can bend up and into the dash very easily and there is more than enough room behind the seats for the wires to rest. The set that runs along the floor by the door just sit there really.

Goodyear decals by bad mother tattoos. Youre all gonna want a set of these bad boys

20160531_145553.jpg

Wires have all been weathered and installed to my satisfaction. Getting them right on the drivers dash was a pain and took quite a while.

20160626_224221.jpg
20160626_224321.jpg

Long time since any update - so have tweaked the first page with ideas.

sirdoctor, can you share your carpet pictures and links here too, please?

Floor mats/carpets have now been added. I made 2 versions. First a light grey which is what im gonna stick with. Find this colour on ebay listing number 321995479202. Its grey and you will need 2 samples.

20160806_220136.jpg

This is the darker grey which is nice and helps make the interior look more exciting. The interior colour scheme is completly wrong and this colour helps to break up all that same colour grey plastic. Search ebay listing number 272227564972. Its 2626 dark grey and you will only need 1 sample size.

20160806_211309.jpg

Either colour really makes a big difference to the interior and really complement the extra wires I added. This is what the mats look like out of the car. I was gonna make them like FANs mats but they dont need to go all the way under the dash and would have been difficult to get right. FAN did a great job with his shape wise but I feel it didnt need that little extra. It took me roughly an hour to get the template right anyway and im more than happy with how it turned out.

1470513696999.jpg

And I get to do all these mods again when I get the part 2 version. Yay!!

Did you get your 1/6 papers from Hunter or are those ones you've printed yourself?

I made those ones myself. I made an almanac receipt to go with hunters almanac book (you may be able to just see it on the dash). I also made the letter doc writes to marty from 1885 and the envelope for it, the map to find the buried delorean and the time circuit schematic. I even made georges match made in space book but that needs alot of work.

20160626_234402.jpg

I also made the disappearing marty photo just to do this picture

20160626_185812.jpg
20160626_185828.jpg

They're very well done. I must look at doing that myself.

I have a high-res image of the sign Marty hides the DeLorean behind - it's somewhere on my HDD. Another forum member posted it.

I need a high res version. The one I have starts to pixelate when it gets bigger than A5. Worked well for my revotech delorean though

20151008_175035.jpg

:clap

Did you see someone in the US was selling lightning rods for $125 each!?! Around 10 people even bought them :horror

I need to look at that.

Back