Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They looked good altogether on screen, but they look a bit over designed as single characters, imo.

118CB5E9-9C8A-4969-9F20-D6E18D06B276.jpg

Saw this was one of Ron Howard’s photos from Solo. Hopefully that means the figure will come from range

Hot Toys should have "budget" range for figures like this, Fleet Trooper etc, which are basic figures with not many accessories and just need a generic face.

Dragon Military figures did this a few years ago, the soldier just had a gun and was about half the price of their normal fully loaded offerings.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hot Toys should have "budget" range for figures like this, Fleet Trooper etc, which are basic figures with not many accessories and just need a generic face.

Dragon Military figures did this a few years ago, the soldier just had a gun and was about half the price of their normal fully loaded offerings.

Why would they do that? People will buy it for a normal high price.

The console will keep the price above $220 I bet. The Gunner was $205 barebones.

The Canto Bight Guys were too Star Trekkie for me. I like Star Trek fine but not in a Star Wars movie.

Rian Johnson is a d!ck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plain and simple. To some, everything TLJ related must be buried never to be spoken of ever.

Oooorrrrrrrrrr maybe it's that the Canto Bight scene was a total waste of time and the police offers had maybe 30 seconds of screen time in that total waste of time.

At least with Tantive/Hoth Rebel soldiers, those are some of the most iconic scenes in pop culture history and would be absolutely worth owning figures. Not thinking the Canto Bight police are worthy of a figure has nothing to do with whether I liked the movie or not, it has everything to do with nobody, and I mean nobody would buy these figures. They'd sell 50 units.

Snark not required.

The Canto Bight Guys were too Star Trekkie for me. I like Star Trek fine but not in a Star Wars movie.

Rian Johnson is a d!ck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somehow they made me think of the cops on that first GOTG planet. Kinda like mall cops. The design might have been nice but that whole sequence was so poor, nothing good came out of it.

Canto Bight in the DS Trooper thread.

Ugh.:slap:lol

I feel ya. Man i wished they would put this up for PO and then have a pretty quick turn around like they did with the DSG.

I need two so I can have the consoles on front and back of one base. It would be neat if they somehow made it incorporated into the base and had three or four consoles that kinda wrap around the base like in the movies. But i'll be happy if we just get the one they've already shown. Something like this would be cool though:https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DXcSPZ29...AAAtM/bhjD8uWzDdE/s1600/DS+console+1b+web.JPG

Oooorrrrrrrrrr maybe it's that the Canto Bight scene was a total waste of time and the police offers had maybe 30 seconds of screen time in that total waste of time.

At least with Tantive/Hoth Rebel soldiers, those are some of the most iconic scenes in pop culture history and would be absolutely worth owning figures. Not thinking the Canto Bight police are worthy of a figure has nothing to do with whether I liked the movie or not, it has everything to do with nobody, and I mean nobody would buy these figures. They'd sell 50 units.

Snark not required.

There's no doubt in my mind some of the critics and opinions on that specific design (or the movie as a whole) are valid. Yet, with the negativity surrounding TLJ elements in pretty much all threads some snarkiness is to be expected. A sign of tiredness confronted to that relentless criticism cycle i suppose.

There's no doubt in my mind some of the critics and opinions on that specific design (or the movie as a whole) are valid. Yet, with the negativity surrounding TLJ elements in pretty much all threads some snarkiness is to be expected. A sign of tiredness confronted to that relentless criticism cycle i suppose.

I get it. It's hard when you're in the minority and you really like a movie or something. It gets draining seeing everything negative and not being able to have any kind of good conversation about something you enjoyed.

All I'm saying is that the Canto Bight sequence is pretty much the only part of this movie that it seems people have agreed upon. Some people like what they did with Luke Skywalker, some people hate it. Some people thought the Leia scene was cool, some people think it was ridiculous. Some people love the porgs, some people hate them. Some people thought Poe and Hux's back and forth to start the film was humorous, some people thought it was stupid. Some like Rose, some hate her.

But from the conversations I've had, and the discussions I've been apart of on forums, the Canto Bight arc is pretty much universally regarded as a waste of time that really accomplished nothing and added very little to the story. Maybe you've seen more positive reception for it, but for me, it's been 99% negative, and even that might be low.

Again, I get where you're coming from with the constant negativity with TLJ, and I'm not necessarily trying to add to it. I just thought looking for a figure some that planet that clearly wouldn't sell well was kind of an odd idea.

Canto Bight is actually one of the issues i have with TLJ. I pretty much agree offering figures based on that location would be a risky bet from HT. Yet, i find that CBPD design pretty attractive and would consider a purchase.

Anyway, back on topic. Betting this DS trooper will be annouced as a "Solo" release.

Is it still confirmed to be releasing? Would like to display the Gunner at the console with this guy

Back