Hot Toys Death Star Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so HT have the helmet made, surely its only a matter of time before he's made. C'mon Hot Toys stop toying with us.
5143c0fbf0addb37590e6ae0f4fe4015.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Super stoked that Endor Leia and Wicket has been officially announced.
I hate to be a buzz kill but am I the only one that thinks they included the Death Star Trooper and Stormtrooper helmets because the previously shown DS Trooper and Sandtrooper Sergeant are in fact dead and they are looking for a way to make some money off of parts and pieces from those 2 figures that might have been in production?

This picture is the perfect test for "half glass full" people and "half glass empty" people. :lol

HT does have a tendency of making the OT helmets too small. That sort of kills the DS Gunner for me and this one would suffer in my eyes as well if the helmet is too small.

Well they did make the Darth Vader Luke reveal head in the DX07 pack too small. Compare that to any of the later release helmets and that thing is tiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As great as this figure is, and I want it just as much as anyone else, I wonder why's there no great desire for the Rebel Fleet Troopers?

RFtroopers1.jpg

As great as this figure is, and I want it just as much as anyone else, I wonder why's there no great desire for the Rebel Fleet Troopers?

Sideshow's version, although an older figure, is perfectly fine. Just replace the head and body with something newer.

Sideshow's version, although an older figure, is perfectly fine. Just replace the head and body with something newer.

The cut/sew (and belt) on them isn't great though - it's that older SSC style that almost feels like one step above Hasbro 12". A HT RFT would be awesome but you;d think that window has come and gone with R1 Vader.

If it wasn't for the SS versions I have I would be wanting these guys probably even more than a DST myself.

I'm very late to the game where SS is concerned. I never even realised there was a Sideshow version of the RFT. How old is it now, perhaps time for an update? Have they ever done the DST?

This is the frustrating thing for those who haven't collected the SS versions, as there's so many great OT troopers waiting for Hot Toys versions but SS have made them recently (TIE Fighter Pilot, AT-AT Driver, Scout Trooper etc.) No OT collection seems complete without them, but I'm not paying the UK secondary market price for figures which HT will probably one day make superior versions of.

I'm very late to the game where SS is concerned. I never even realised there was a Sideshow version of the RFT. How old is it now, perhaps time for an update? Have they ever done the DST?

This is the frustrating thing for those who haven't collected the SS versions, as there's so many great OT troopers waiting for Hot Toys versions but SS have made them recently (TIE Fighter Pilot, AT-AT Driver, Scout Trooper etc.) No OT collection seems complete without them, but I'm not paying the UK secondary market price for figures which HT will probably one day make superior versions of.
It came out about 12 years ago and was great for the price at the time, ?35 or so.
I had one but sold it this year as the body was floppy and it doesn't look great next to a Hot Toys figure.
Here he is with Leia.
b2defb09740230ea38752e12f2ba642d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

OK, so HT have the helmet made, surely its only a matter of time before he's made. C'mon Hot Toys stop toying with us.
5143c0fbf0addb37590e6ae0f4fe4015.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

They are all pretty old now, and while I have many of the SS versions I'm still waiting for the day which HT revisits many of them. Luckily Disney seems to have grasped the idea that stuff in the OT works best. So things perhaps bode well for these type of OT figures to turn up by HT.

If Disney was all out Old Republic or something like that then there would be a snow balls chance in hell.

Also the revel trooper was like ?35 and when they come up for sale are now ?120.
I think there’s definitely a market for a hot toys one. Also DST.
There’s also a lot of OT figures that could be made

If it wasn't for the SS versions I have I would be wanting these guys probably even more than a DST myself.

Same. Always loved the fleet troopers. ...although I have the old ones with new bodies and heads I?d still love HT versions with better fitting clothes.
But HT doesn?t seem to be very interested in rebels. No rebel pilots or troopers at all even though the designs are awesome.

If HT aren't interested in rebels, SS could take that share of the market. I'd love a Hoth trooper and that radar dish gun emplacement.

Back