Hot Toys Death Star Gunner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After looking at the last few comments about the antenna I looked online for movie stills to compare to mine and I can't help but think the HT antenna is way oversized. Does anyone get that impression?

You can always cut it down

Thanks man but it arrived yesterday. Tracking says its still in the USPS Depot in the USA and its in my hand in Ireland.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hey guys. So I recently decided to try making a custom Imperial Officer figure by upgrading Sideshow's Commander Praji figure. I'm really happy with how he turned out. While I was putting the figure together I noticed that Praji comes with human hands and black officer gloves which are essentially the gloves worn by the Death Star Gunner. It always bothered me a little that the DS Gunner's gloves were in 2 pieces, so I upgraded my DS Gunner with the Praji gloves and they look great on him. As a matter of fact the Praji gloves are an exact match in color tone to the DS Gunner's boots. And in my opinion they look so much better than the gloves that come with the DS Gunner. Now if we could just get HT to finally release the Death Star Trooper!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_252c.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_252c.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 400
  • fullsizeoutput_2530.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2530.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 401
  • fullsizeoutput_2533.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2533.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 403
Wow! Both figures look fantastic, echo!

What figure/head sculpt is that on your Imperial officer.

Thanks Fly! I got the head sculpt off of eBay. The seller listed it as a generic soldier head sculpt. But after doing some research I believe it's from Dam Toys 1/6 Military figures line. I also purchased 2 other head sculpts which I plan to use to upgrade Sideshow's Endor Trooper and Rebel Fleet Trooper. The quality of the head sculpts is very much on par with Hot Toys head sculpts and really look great next to the Hot Toys figures.

Thanks Fly! I got the head sculpt off of eBay. The seller listed it as a generic soldier head sculpt. But after doing some research I believe it's from Dam Toys 1/6 Military figures line. I also purchased 2 other head sculpts which I plan to use to upgrade Sideshow's Endor Trooper and Rebel Fleet Trooper. The quality of the head sculpts is very much on par with Hot Toys head sculpts and really look great next to the Hot Toys figures.

Well, you drew me in with that custom figure and I ended up picking up a Praji for a good deal. Will go in search of a good body/head sculpt to replace the old SS one. I don't see Hot Toys releasing this anytime soon, if ever.

Well, you drew me in with that custom figure and I ended up picking up a Praji for a good deal. Will go in search of a good body/head sculpt to replace the old SS one. I don't see Hot Toys releasing this anytime soon, if ever.

I agree. I don’t see Hot Toys getting around to this one for some time especially after the disappearance of the Death Star Trooper. Same for the Endor Soldier. But I am a little surprised they haven’t done a Rebel Fleet Trooper especially with the appearance in RO.

I passed on this one when released, regretted it. I was finally able to find him for retail so I pulled the trigger.

I must say, in hand this one is awesome. I'm happy to add him to the ranks. The pants match, my camera sometimes distorts the color black. The helmet really pops.

As others have mentioned, the gloves suck. I used the gauntlets, but replaced the gloves with some spare Piett ones. I may use Praji gloves, I just need to dig them out.

20190114_183954.jpg
20190114_183908.jpg
20190114_183931.jpg

Could someone please measure the length of the antenna for me? I too have managed to lose mine (I packed him up while moving house and it wasn't in the box when I reopened him... I guess I put it somewhere 'safe' and forgot where...) so will be replacing it with some wire or a needle or something.

Thanks!

I passed on this one when released, regretted it. I was finally able to find him for retail so I pulled the trigger.

I must say, in hand this one is awesome. I'm happy to add him to the ranks. The pants match, my camera sometimes distorts the color black. The helmet really pops.

As others have mentioned, the gloves suck. I used the gauntlets, but replaced the gloves with some spare Piett ones. I may use Praji gloves, I just need to dig them out.

View attachment 440087

I almost managed to get this guy literally for a steal. $82 AUD (that's $59 USD) at 75% off. However it was in some hidden location where you could only purchase in shop somewhere in Australia. No doubt some shop manager working there reduced it so they could get it themselves reduced.

Would have been a hell of a bargain though !!!

IMG_6237.jpg

What what what!??! That’s crazy! Best deal I’ve seen on newly released Hot Toys SW figures(except duck troopers lol)! I can’t imagine it was selling bad, how on earth would someone list it at a loss(unless they have some crazy margins)? Anyway, nice grab! :clap

EDIT: Oh I saw you were not able to get it, bummer. But yeah, probably the store manager who got it for himself.

I saw that one too when the sale went up, they also had the first order stormtrooper 2 pack for 75% off but was also gone already. Did get dengar for 25% off though.

Could someone please measure the length of the antenna for me? I too have managed to lose mine (I packed him up while moving house and it wasn't in the box when I reopened him... I guess I put it somewhere 'safe' and forgot where...) so will be replacing it with some wire or a needle or something.

Thanks!

Here you go man.

4f6863280bd635a4f5ab2cfa2e66a12c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And thanks from me. It's 4,8cm just in case somebody else from Europe would need to know immediately.

Back