Hot Toys Death Star Gunner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good WTC. I?ve gone through a couple sets and would definitely be down for a few more. Best Imperial gloved hands imo. If HT ever release the Death Star Trooper he?ll need those ugly gloves replaced with these as well. I?m surprised no one has cast these yet :gah:

Yep, that looks amazing!

This figure has become crazy expensive on the secondary market. There are some rumours these guys will be popping up on the screen again soon, so hoping for a re-release by Hot Toys.

After looking at the figure a while I think I might have made the waist too narrow, he looks a little superhero-ish. Easy fix though. I may cut the waist and legs off the Fett fat suit and use it to fill out the groin/butt/thigh area a bit and see how that looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F495E53E-044B-45B2-8F59-7F986EA6BE34.jpeg

1A29E867-4425-435D-BFC1-A28B24214C83.jpeg
55CBB9B9-A7D4-4AB0-A9EE-456DAD612430.jpeg
7177DD57-444C-4162-9D69-5A114B06FB56.jpeg
E799BB85-29E1-4425-987E-E702B23EFE38.jpeg

Took this figure out for some posing, also removed the pleather jacket. Think it looks better without it.

Not the best, by a longshot, at taking pictures but wanted to show some poses in crouching mode and without the jacket. Great figure. Here you go!

Attachments

• 3F97A1B8-B148-4FB4-84C5-E149B86563F3.jpeg
    3F97A1B8-B148-4FB4-84C5-E149B86563F3.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 120
With Hot Toys releasing some background display pieces with other figures, such as Bespin Leia and the stormtroopers, it would have been cool if the DS Trooper would have come with a blinky-light wall and the big lever that he pulls, to fire the Death Star's super-laser.

With Hot Toys releasing some background display pieces with other figures, such as Bespin Leia and the stormtroopers, it would have been cool if the DS Trooper would have come with a blinky-light wall and the big lever that he pulls, to fire the Death Star's super-laser.
Another missed op.
I agree.
Blinks walls would have been good with Han and Luke Stormie.
We REALLY need that DS Trooper.

Another missed op.
I agree.
Blinks walls would have been good with Han and Luke Stormie.
We REALLY need that DS Trooper.
I'm ready to buy two of the DS Trooper. One to keep stock and the other to use the console with a Han in Storm Trooper outfit. "Situation normal... we're all fine, how are you?"

I searched for the HT Gunner for quite a while, never found a "non-insane" price.:gah: I think the outfit will be in Mando eventually, and we'll see a re-release like they did with HT Shoretrooper.:pray:

In the meantime, my cheapo custom will stand guard.

51285578865_3696541662_o.png

Your "cheapo custom" looks good!

With the backlog of pending pre-orders, it may take a while but I also believe this one will be re-released, at some point.

Your "cheapo custom" looks good!

With the backlog of pending pre-orders, it may take a while but I also believe this one will be re-released, at some point.
Thanks, it's modeled after the ROTJ-style Kenner POTF figure (still need to paint visor clear red,) hence no pauldron "bib."

And yeah people gave up on the Shoretrooper (man the ebay prices on that figure went insane!) then boom - there it was as a re-release. :yess: So yeah the gunner will see PO again.

Looks like he's grabbing a brew at the end of a long day on the Death Star. :lol

I like the line-up.:clap

I always thought it was really funny that they just rotated a sandie pauldron to create the gunner's bib. At least on the gunner the motocross protector was used in the correct real-world orientation.

Looking back it's such a random release now, not like it was easily knocked up due to reusing another figure's parts.

Back