Hot Toys Death Star Gunner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a new home for this guy. He may fire when ready.

bGD1oeb.jpg

anyone who still has this figure care to tell if the pleather suit & chest armor are durable compared to older HT figures like Darth Vader? was about to purchase this until a faint voice warned me about potential pleather.

anyone who still has this figure care to tell if the pleather suit & chest armor are durable compared to older HT figures like Darth Vader? was about to purchase this until a faint voice warned me about potential pleather.

I have all the HT Vader's and this one and none of them have any pleather deterioration whatsoever. Only issue on this one is the usual Hot Toys glue on the magnet was too weak so need to re-glue it.

The figure is better without the pleather top anyhow IMO.

the thing is the vest is also pleather and he still needs the vest right? also those tiny straps will be the first to break if it fails because unlike most pleather the straps doesn't have a fabric backing as it will make it look thick i assume? anyway how old are the HT vaders just wondering anyone got them recently will it deteriorate inside unopened box?

are the gauntlets also pleather?

the thing is the vest is also pleather and he still needs the vest right? also those tiny straps will be the first to break if it fails because unlike most pleather the straps doesn't have a fabric backing as it will make it look thick i assume? anyway how old are the HT vaders just wondering anyone got them recently will it deteriorate inside unopened box?

are the gauntlets also pleather?

Oh yeah, completely forgot about the pauldron/vest, but the Sandtrooper has that too and I don't think there have been any reports of damage (i believe it's the same material but orange). Gauntlets are plastic, though there are some hidden gauntlet filler pieces that are cloth of some sort.

I finally was able to snag some Sideshow Praji gives for this guy. Can?t wait for them to arrive.

Is it advised to remove the fatsuit on this figure? I noticed that in many of the pics in this thread he looks thinner than mine does.

Sent from my Motherbox using Tapatalk
PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Praji gloves arrived super fast!

They look amazing, really punches up the quality and realism.

I also removed the fatsuit and cinched in the straps on his waist and shoulders. The fat suit pushes up the layers of his uniform on his shoulders so much that it nearly eliminates his neck. I think it also makes his waist look too thick. After removing the fat suit I think his form is more apparent.

e55aacfa40fa39d862ce7752acb242c7.plist

947ff046abe3d83885b6edb990910fe9.plist

79ca6c8d0fe9ad4e07bc8f60db35369e.plist

aee69a5696d9953ad12073682ad0de96.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back