Hot Toys Clone Wars Figures coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious to the reason for the debate of "realistic" over "animated".

If the teaser picture they have posted is the figure to be released, then it is certainly a "realistic" figure. The phase 2 armour and belt that Rex wears in clone wars looks absolutely nothing like the armour on that teaser figure.

It is the same as the armour from the movies.
So, unless they are doing some bizarre hybrid, then that is a "realistic" Rex, and likely realistic other characters.

Very disappointing for me, as I hoped if they did them then they would be like the spidervers figures with authentic animated styling.

Not really sure I can see the point of "interpretations " of the characters, surely people actually want figures to look like how the character ACTUALLY looks? Isn't that the point of hot toys?

you're really lost me at "realistic" Rex.

Spider Gwen body would work for that I would think.

That body is going to be in a lot of demand on the secondary market.
The tbleague bodies for younger female figures are just absolutely ludicrous in proportions and this is the best alternative I've seen to date.

If they are going to do a Mando Ashoka, I think they will do another version or two of her from Clone wars to split up the development cost of the body.

They could definitely get decent mileage out of an Ahsoka body. At least 2 or 3, depending on if they even feel like dipping into the Rebels series.

I wouldn't mind a Bo Katan and some Night Owls though. And if they do dip their toes into Rebels, Sabine Wren has a ton of repaint possibilities.

I've always wondered why Rex felt the need to weld together two chestplates. The helmet, sure, he liked parts of his old Phase 2 one...but what was so different about the torso armor?

Making these CW figures finally must be the result of good sales from the Spiderverse figures. As to those who hope for realistic figures, I highly doubt we'll get those. We're getting accurate animated versions, just like the Spiderverse figures. If you want a realistic HS, just put the Cody HS on any CW clones you buy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Making these CW figures finally must be the result of good sales from the Spiderverse figures. As to those who hope for realistic figures, I highly doubt we'll get those. We're getting accurate animated versions, just like the Spiderverse figures. If you want a realistic HS, just put the Cody HS on any CW clones you buy.

I don't think that factored in honestly.

Clone Wars and Mandalorian merch are hot, Hot Toys is just jumping in on it.

Especially with how bad ST stuff sells.

I've always wondered why Rex felt the need to weld together two chestplates. The helmet, sure, he liked parts of his old Phase 2 one...but what was so different about the torso armor?

IF I were to guess; it's a sense of familiarity/comfort? I know pro football players will fight tooth and nail to keep their old gear even when it's not as safe/protective. Sense of character? Iono lol.

IF I were to guess; it's a sense of familiarity/comfort? I know pro football players will fight tooth and nail to keep their old gear even when it's not as safe/protective. Sense of character? Iono lol.

Wasn't Phase 1 Clone armour extremely uncomfortable though?

I'm sure Filoni didn't give it anymore thought than it looked cool and somebody will come up with a canon reason in some future technical guide:lol That's pretty much Star Wars anyway. Let the guy in charge do anything and worry about explanations later:lol

This is a no brainer for HT to visit. I look forward to seeing who they have in addition to Rex. I'd expect an Ahsoka to sell like crazy given the lack of collectibles for her and how much demand there was for the GG bust.

Including realistic and animated heads would be the best!

That's not what sideshow did so who is to say that this the path that Hot Toys will take, I guess we will find out soon. Also all the clones may look the same fundamentally but they were all individuals (different hair styles and colour, scars, tattoos, demeanour etc.) so you can't just use a Cody head for Rex or any other clones.

The teaser is just that a teaser. It could have been thrown together relatively fast to meet their internal deadline to tease for the day but the actual final figure could be completely different. They do it all the time with headsculpts.

I'm hearing you. However headsculpts is one thing, whole body prototypes is another thing. From the teaser, they clearly have a full prototype body and armour ready and helmets for that matter as well. I can't really see them going back to the drawing board with armour/bodies to make them animated when they have put all that together just for the teaser.

Like I've said earlier in this thread, Hot Toys could make a killing out of all these figures with their own production costs remaining low. They already have bodies, clothing and heads for Obi, Ani, Yoda, Mace, Fisto and the Clones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back