Hot Toys Clone Wars Figures coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The armour doesn't look like it's from the show. I don't think stylised heads on realistic bodies would look all that great....and they already have the realistic clone heads sculpted.

When SSC did Clone Wars figures, they made them realistic from Cad Ban to the Clones.

In a perfect world we get two sculpts, realistic and animated...

Finally some breath...I have zero interest for animated figures, that will give me time and money to stay on track with live action stuff.
Glad everyone is excited though!

Inviato dal mio SM-A505FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Holy crap !! I am really going to have to restrain myself...

Will they really do Movie Clones as well as Animated Clones as well ?? That's a lot of Clones !!

They're doing figures from the Animated show, why would you hope for realistic HS ?

They are 250$+ figures. People in this hobby tend to prefer more "realistic" stuff. In such a scale animated could come off as "too simple". Plus, some folks would want them to fit with their movie SW figures. I can see the POV. I can also see the POV of the people who'll want them to be animated so as to be "perfect representations" of the show. I have no idea what they'll do though. A hint would be that the FF Punisher they did had a very simplistic in-game model, but HT gave him a realistic HS.

Ohh with the lingering hype i got from that final episode, this is a must have! wish it would come with the standard helm too. it would look great alongside cody

They're doing figures from the Animated show, why would you hope for realistic HS ?

Considering most people want realistic depictions vs animated is one. Even Hasbro made realistic depictions of the Rebel's Animated Series because they knew that's what we wanted.

If these are animated only, I'll pass but if they're realistic, well it's bad time for my bank account because I'm all in.

Just hoping for it because I don?t want the animated style. I think the spider verse figures look great but not my thing. Considering the last season mixes with ROTS, id love any excuse for them to make a Mace Windu to go with obi, anakin and yoda from ROTS. I admit that Ashoka might be tough to translate
Though. If they?re animated, cool for those who want that, but not for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are 250$+ figures. People in this hobby tend to prefer more "realistic" stuff. In such a scale animated could come ff as "too simple". Plus, some folks would want them to fit with their movie SW figures. I can see the POV. I can also see the POV of the people who'll want them to be animated so as to be "perfect representations" of the show. I have no idea what they'll do though. A hint would be that the FF Punisher they did had a very simplistic in-game model, but HT gave him a realistic HS.

One thing you should take into the consideration that all of HT figures must pass the approval process from Lucas film. This is a Clone Wars Animated show. SS used to do realistic sculpts for their Clones, but that was a long time ago already. Im not sure how things are arranged now regarding to the licensing stuffs between HT and LFL.

One thing you should take into the consideration that all of HT figures must pass the approval process from Lucas film. This is a Clone Wars Animated show. SS used to do realistic sculpts for their Clones, but that was a long time ago already. Im not sure how things are arranged now regarding to the licensing stuffs between HT and LFL.

If they approved the realistic stuff for SSC, Hasbro (multiple figures over the Disney years), Gentle Giant (one realistic Ahsoka Trooper was revealed last month), I don’t see a reason why they won’t for HT.

I think it will come down to what Hot Toys wants to do, animated vs realistic.

Eh, all figs and merch have to get approval. Like I said, we don't know what route they'll take. The most similar thing I could think of was that Punisher, who get a realistic HS, even though the source material was a mobile game. Spider-Verse figures are animated though, so there's that as well. We'll see, in any case.

If it is KK who's approving, then all clones will come with Ahsoka's head.

By the way, I restarted watching CW from start and realized that Master Luminara's outfit is more sophisticated than AOTC.

Eh, all figs and merch have to get approval. Like I said, we don't know what route they'll take. The most similar thing I could think of was that Punisher, who get a realistic HS, even though the source material was a mobile game. Spider-Verse figures are animated though, so there's that as well. We'll see, in any case.

only licensed brands.

Seeing as these look to have realistic proportions, I think they'll probably do realistic sculpts.

Interesting though, I bet the idea of stylized ones crossed their mind with the positive reception to the Spider-verse figs.

Maybe exclusive sets with both sculpts?

Seeing as these look to have realistic proportions, I think they'll probably do realistic sculpts.

Interesting though, I bet the idea of stylized ones crossed their mind with the positive reception to the Spider-verse figs.

Maybe exclusive sets with both sculpts?

I hope the troopers will be realistic proportions and sculpts, not interested in the rest if they are animated. Good for people who want them though and HT would have some serious margins if they are a hit. Just think of the costs of developing an animated human/alien sculpt vs a live action one.

Back