Hot Toys Clone Wars Figures coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy.... This is both great news and terrifying at the same time.

Yup, I already have like 8 figures on PO and I have no idea where I am going to put them all. Looks like this is going to add a few more to that number.

Would definitely pick up Rex, Fives and Wolffe without hesitating. I just hope they're realistic looking and the head sculpts reflect something similar to the upcoming Commander Cody figure. If you wanted to display these Clones with other Hot Toys figures from the PT era (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Qui-Gon, etc), they'd look really out of place and silly if they were made in the animated style. They already have the sculpt for Cody, just modify it for each Clone as needed and this should be a failr easy process for HT to churn these out.

I hope the troopers will be realistic proportions and sculpts, not interested in the rest if they are animated. Good for people who want them though and HT would have some serious margins if they are a hit. Just think of the costs of developing an animated human/alien sculpt vs a live action one.

Yeah. I would tend to agree with this.

The teaser pic points to realistic due to the proportions on the pic. They have the bodies and the Cody headsculpt so it would be easy on Hot Toys' part to mass produce with different colour schemes/minor armour adjustments.

Same with the Jedi. They have the bodies and the headsculpts (ROTS Anakin/Obi/Fisto/Mace from Fury).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll toss myself in the Chorus; please make realistic proportions. I'll also pay for a Deluxe Rex. I'd ideally like an Ahsoka trooper helm, regular helm, and realistic face sculpt. Have they done 3 helms/masks before? Typically 2 right?

1) Ahsoka, 2) Rex, 3) Cad Bane

Anything in addition to those is a welcome bonus.

I echo those calling for more humanised versions of the animated figures, much like the Black Series did with their Rebels line.

I miss the days of a Clone being announced and there'd be so much complaining about there being "another one?!":lol

Made PO'ing them so easy a decade ago:lol

Great to see this. Figures it would happen the day after I finally break my SSC Rex out of storage. Never did get a regular 501st trooper, so I'll grab one of those at least. Maybe Rex if he comes with something worth upgrading from the ssc version.

Give me all the clones.

1) Ahsoka, 2) Rex, 3) Cad Bane

Anything in addition to those is a welcome bonus.

I echo those calling for more humanised versions of the animated figures, much like the Black Series did with their Rebels line.

I'd be curious which Ahsoka they go with though; young? Season 6? White saber? Green? etc. for me it's 1: Rex 2: Greivous 3: Ahsoka but I want to see if she pops up iN mando first.

I'd be curious which Ahsoka they go with though; young? Season 6? White saber? Green? etc. for me it's 1: Rex 2: Greivous 3: Ahsoka but I want to see if she pops up iN mando first.

I reckon season 7. They'll probably try push as many figures from the final season as possible. It'll be interesting to see if they pay homage to earlier seasons.

Damn, I forgot about Grievous. Yeah, him! Good call.

I reckon season 7. They'll probably try push as many figures from the final season as possible. It'll be interesting to see if they pay homage to earlier seasons.

Damn, I forgot about Grievous. Yeah, him! Good call.

Thats what I'm thinking.

They'll start with Season 7 stuff, then slowly go back to the older seasons.

So we might get like 4 Ahsoka's lol

Lol. I remember when Cody was announced everyone lost it and thought HT would make every damn clone. So far nothing except Cody a year later, and even he hasn't been made yet.

Curious to the reason for the debate of "realistic" over "animated".

If the teaser picture they have posted is the figure to be released, then it is certainly a "realistic" figure. The phase 2 armour and belt that Rex wears in clone wars looks absolutely nothing like the armour on that teaser figure.

It is the same as the armour from the movies.
So, unless they are doing some bizarre hybrid, then that is a "realistic" Rex, and likely realistic other characters.

Very disappointing for me, as I hoped if they did them then they would be like the spidervers figures with authentic animated styling.

Not really sure I can see the point of "interpretations " of the characters, surely people actually want figures to look like how the character ACTUALLY looks? Isn't that the point of hot toys?

At least post the pic in the rush to be first

96112897_10157159126262344_7586868976001482752_o.jpg

Sure it's just a tease, but not seeing anything that's worth the "upgrade" over the SS Rex or clones. I am so hoping for an Ahoska finally. This is the Ahoska I want, not a mandalorian version.

My phone wouldn't let me post the pic.

Curious to the reason for the debate of "realistic" over "animated".

If the teaser picture they have posted is the figure to be released, then it is certainly a "realistic" figure. The phase 2 armour and belt that Rex wears in clone wars looks absolutely nothing like the armour on that teaser figure.

It is the same as the armour from the movies.
So, unless they are doing some bizarre hybrid, then that is a "realistic" Rex, and likely realistic other characters.

Very disappointing for me, as I hoped if they did them then they would be like the spidervers figures with authentic animated styling.

Not really sure I can see the point of "interpretations " of the characters, surely people actually want figures to look like how the character ACTUALLY looks? Isn't that the point of hot toys?

I think the reference to interpretations relates to a character like Ahsoka, who has no real-life reference, so it'd be an interpretation to do her in a realistic fashion. For most of the other characters, there's a direct reference to the films.

For me, I want the figures to go well with each other. I only care for the troopers though. Realism and details are what I'm willing to pay the money for HTs. That's why I said HTs are in for $ if people are willing to pay normal 1/6 prices for animated characters.

Finally gonna have that ROTS Cody to go with this Rex. Gonna keep my hopes low for other high ranking clones but yes on Ashoka, Genral Anakin and Obi-Wan in their armored outfits during the this timeline.

Rex is the only figure I'd PO day one. He's my sons favorite character. I have both the SS versions (Phase I & II). Because of that, even though I would want a realistic style vs an animated one, it would be cool to have a 3rd version of Rex rather than upgrading from the SS. Still finding it hard to want the HT Cody since I also have the SS, and he came with both Phase I & II buckets as well as a Clone head, since his armor didn't change at all unlike Rex. I'm dreading the release and the comparison photos to the SS version. :(

The only SS clones I regret passing on (couldn't decide who to get or both) was phase II Arc Troopers Echo & Fives. I'd probably get one of them too.

Also curious how this effects the release of Clones from EPI & EPII. I also want (but not not sure would be a day one PO) are regular Phase I & Phase II clones. Never got SS versions. Only a Phase II 501st I got for free with my SS reward points, and to go with Rex.

Back