Hot Toys Classic HEAD FALLING OFF -- the "FIX"?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annunaki

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I found an Ebay seller that carries the neck. I saw the photos of his product and how they differed from the neck on my actual Classic. If I'm seeing it right, it appears that there is a ring of sorts that should be holding the head in place once the barbell is pushed in. Ahah! Mine doesn't have that.

I spent a few hours at the local craft store and Home Depot looking for something I could use to make a piece resembling the one in the pic.

After a few hours, I decided to just order a new neck (about $20). The craftier among you can probably come up with a fix -- but I opted to just order a new neck.

Of course, there's no way that I can tell if this will actually work or if what I'm seeing in the pic is what I'm hoping will "fix" it -- nor do I know what pulling the old neck out will entail, but it's a start. Any advice would be appreciated.

The distributor that I bought the Hot Toys Classic from won't assist, refers me to Hot Toys, who in turn, has not responded to my emails. Dead ends there. The thought of having to fix a $200+ Hot Toys "collectable" right out of the box is pitiful, but damn. They do make some killer figures.

Pics below -- new neck on the left. My "defective" one on the right:

Last edited:
Don't know anything about Hot Toys and I don't have any, but if as it appears you bought your pred new without the ring, I would've thought Hot Toys are liable, really. _____*ers.
Maybe your emails aren't outraged sounding enough. As you have a right to be, with those prices.

Yeah. I thought it was just mine till I saw a poll conducted here showing that about 30% of those who responded are having the problem.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105622

That's friggin insane.

The Ebay distributor that I purchased the Classic from boasts a 14 day refund/exchange policy for "factory damaged" items, but won't help in this case.

I should have purchased from Sideshow as I hear that Sideshow actually will assist.

Props to Hot Toys for their incredible figures, but shame on them for being so cold and unresponsive.

Last edited:
I was wondering what caused this issue, great detective work annunaki:hi5: now I have to figure out how to go about resolving issue. I bought mine from razors edge and is my first purchese from them, not sure if they will resolve this issue and I have him now for about three weeks. I would just buy the neck off ebay but I don't think many will pop up on there. I normally buy sideshow and wish I did on this one:slap This issue did'nt bother me to much at first but with all this attention its starting to annoy me now knowing its actually missing a piece:mad:

Just ordered the same neck you did off ebay, I did'nt want to spend the 19 bucks, but to have piece of mine I just did it. Thanks for the info:1-1:

This issue did'nt bother me to much at first but with all this attention its starting to annoy me now knowing its actually missing a piece:mad:

Yes -- I can pose mine by getting him into position, THEN pushing his head and kinda balancing it where I want it. It kinda seats itself nicely and stays in place, but a slight adjustment one way or another knocks it right off.

Then I start thinking $200 and the principle of the thing and that gets me heated up again. There are some who find defects almost acceptable and say it's an easy fix, and I hope it is. I question why something brand new needs fixing in the first place, and why such a badass company like Hot Toys doesn't respond?

If I were to buy a new $50 computer keyboard and the letter "K" was missing and I could not exchange the keyboard or get a refund -- well yeah. I'd be upset. And if the only way to "fix" it was to order a new letter "K"...

Easy fix and yes, major pissoff. And that's a $50 item, not $200.

Either way, I really hope this works!

Tracking delivery of the new neck from Ebay...

Last edited:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULUiV_tj1DI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULUiV_tj1DI[/ame]

Seriously though mine is fine, i got the Ex if that means anything :wave

Last edited:
Do ya think Hot Toys will do the Dumb & Dumber characters... with the big fuzzy van?

Add me to the list. Got mine about a month ago. I can press the head into the neck thing, but turn the head left or right and it comes out. If I press while turning, it's ok. Just a pain in the butt, specially knowing I spent $245 with shipping. I googled to see if I could find a fix and found my way here. Registered just to add my name to the list and hopefully will have good news to share here soon.
I emailed hot toys and they emailed me back after a week and wanted pictures and a reciept, so I sent a screen shot of my headless Classic, plus the Paypal minus personal information, and the name of the Ebay distributor. Nothing yet, fingers crossed, otherwise will look at ordering a new neck.

Last edited:
I emailed hot toys and they emailed me back after a week and wanted pictures and a reciept, so I sent a screen shot of my headless Classic, plus the Paypal minus personal information, and the name of the Ebay distributor. Nothing yet, fingers crossed, otherwise will look at ordering a new neck.

You got a response -- I'm jealous! :pfft:
Just kidding, lol...
Can you please share the email you used?

Just got my tracking for my replacement neck I got from ebay, it will likly take about a week to arrive. I to would like to know the email you used as well bytor. I've never emailed hot toys before for an issue but i've been lucky with my hot toys up until this classic neck issue.

By the way bytor :welcome1: to the freaks:hi5:

I found an Ebay seller that carries the neck. I saw the photos of his product and how they differed from the neck on my actual Classic. It appears that there is a ring of sorts that should be holding the head in place once the barbell is pushed in. Ahah! Mine doesn't have that.

I spent a few hours at the local craft store and Home Depot looking for something I could use to make a piece resembling the one in the pic.

After a few hours, I decided to just order a new neck (about $20). The craftier among you can probably come up with a fix -- but I opted to just order a new neck.

Of course, there's no way that I can tell if this will actually work -- nor do I know what pulling the old neck out will entail, but it's a start. Any advice would be appreciated.

The distributor that I bought the Hot Toys Classic from won't assist, refers me to Hot Toys, who in turn, has not responded to my emails. Dead ends there. The thought of having to fix a $200+ Hot Toys "collectable" right out of the box is pitiful, but damn. They do make some killer figures.

Pics below -- new neck on the left. My "defective" one on the right:

I'm not sure you found the actual reason.
The neck whole that has the ring is actually the part that fits with the body not the head, the actuak part that fits with the head has the neck peg in.

I think that it's a defect in some series, the hole for the neck has not been done right.

Anybody with a good firm neck could post a picture of his?

The Ebay distributor that I purchased the Classic from boasts a 14 day refund/exchange policy for "factory damaged" items, but won't help in this case.

You have a right to your money back from the Ebay seller regardless of his/her return policy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I don't know how long it's been since your purchase, but you need to open a claim with Ebay and or PayPal immediately! If you used a credit card to make your purchase via PayPal—or without PayPal—you're even more covered, especially if was American Express!

Last edited:
I'm not sure you found the actual reason.
The neck whole that has the ring is actually the part that fits with the body not the head, the actuak part that fits with the head has the neck peg in.

I think that it's a defect in some series, the hole for the neck has not been done right.

Anybody with a good firm neck could post a picture of his?

Awe crap. I'll put up a few more pics of both pieces... I hope you are wrong, but then again, I don't want to get too relaxed about this and just stop caring over the next few weeks while waiting for the neck piece to arrive... Hopefully someone can post a pic of what a good neck/head part looks like.

Thanks!

Back