Hot Toys Classic HEAD FALLING OFF -- the "FIX"?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have a right to your money back from the Ebay seller regardless of his/her return policy. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I don't know how long it's been since your purchase, but you need to open a claim with Ebay and or PayPal immediately! If you used a credit card to make your purchase via PayPal—or without PayPal—you're even more covered, especially if was American Express!

Still within the time period... will look into it!
Thanks!

I was wondering about the neck thing too, if the top part of the neck has a rubber seal, as the pic on the first page shows the rubber seal but it looks like its for the part that connects to the body not the part that connects to the head(hope that made sence:panic:) the neck I ordered from ebay has shipped, guess time will tell:monkey1

Well the good news for you is that the neck you ordered seems to keep the head peg pretty tight in.
So i guess you got your problem solved ;)

I received yesterday my second CLASSIC, he does have a loose/pop off neck joint my first one wich i traded had a firm tight neck.

Just a note that the neck arrived all the way from Hong Kong in only 6 business days. Amazing!

I covered the old one with a thin cloth and pulled it off with pliers. I pushed the new neck on, then pushed the head onto the new neck and heard a very dull but satisfying POP as it nestled snuggly in place. Very firm and solid fit.

100% mobility and articulation.

NOW, I can relax...

Just a note that the neck arrived all the way from Hong Kong in only 6 business days. Amazing!

I covered the old one with a thin cloth and pulled it off with pliers. I pushed the new neck on, then pushed the head onto the new neck and heard a very dull but satisfying POP as it nestled snuggly in place. Very firm and solid fit.

NOW, I can relax...

did it have a rubber seal in the top of the new neck? or how was it different?the neck on my classic has stayed on fine since i got it,
even after
i have pulled my classic,s head off to put on a bone necklace and there was no rubber seal in it, and pushed it back on and heard it pop, and mines still fine,but it did come off easier than any other predators heads i've owned and took off.

Last edited:

NOW, I can relax...

congrats:hi5:I hope to have the same results, still waiting on my replacement neck:impatient:

So whats the differences between the faulty and the good neck?

I should have taken pics or been more thorough in my examination, but I had visitors and felt guilty that I was in the back room doing this while they were in the living room waiting on me to "get dressed"... :impatient:

Secret priorities, right?

In the pics at the top of this thread, the hole that you see on the new neck goes over the existing peg that is attached to the predator. (I didn't realize that till I pulled the old neck off. I thought the head peg slipped into that hole).

So that meant the peg that you see on the new neck becomes the new head peg (I thought that peg slips into the pred's body -- that wasn't the case). I pulled the old peg out of the head and set the new head on the new peg that came with the new neck.

Perfect.

Visually, the pegs look the same, and the area that the peg goes into the neck looks similar -- no rubber seal or gasket... maybe a few thousandths of an inch tighter at the rim.
Maybe that's all that it needed.

Again, if I get up enough nerve (or curiosity) I'll detatch it and take pics or measure the peg and compare neckholes when I get home tonight.

Fingers crossed, hoping yours works for you, Skull... :pray:

Last edited:
I should have taken pics or been more thorough in my examination, but I had visitors and felt guilty that I was in the back room doing this while they were in the living room waiting on me to "get dressed"... :impatient:

Secret priorities, right?

In the pics at the top of this thread, the hole that you see on the new neck goes over the existing peg that is attached to the predator. (I didn't realize that till I pulled the old neck off. I thought the head peg slipped into that hole).

So that meant the peg that you see on the new neck becomes the new head peg (I thought that peg slips into the pred's body -- that wasn't the case). I pulled the old peg out of the head and set the new head on the new peg that came with the new neck.

Perfect.

Visually, the pegs look the same, and the area that the peg goes into the neck looks similar -- no rubber seal or gasket... maybe a few thousandths of an inch tighter at the rim.
Maybe that's all that it needed.

Again, if I get up enough nerve (or curiosity) I'll detatch it and take pics or measure the peg and compare neckholes when I get home tonight.

Fingers crossed, hoping yours works for you, Skull... :pray:

I just realized Mine arrived today, So I just opened it up and inspected it, there is no real differants with this and the orginal, and there is no rubber piece as I thought there might be just like you just said. This one is about the same as the one I have, and unfortunally is actually less tight:( Mine was not extremly loose to being with but did come off a little to easily. Oh well I'm a little dissapointed but its really no big deal, in the end this predator is awesome looking and once I have him posed in the display cabinet I don't mess around with him anyway. This is an easy fix as many have stated by just puting a piece of tape or rubberband on the peg to tighten it up. I just leave most of my collectibles in mint out of box shape, very little futzing and posing, I open them, marvel at them, pose them, and then they go in the display cabinet to be admired, the end:)

Back