Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No questions asked, I'd definitely take one. Oh yes!

I hope intrest in this is not fading.

No!

Look at the history of figures associated with the classic Superman movies. There has NEVER been a 100% official line. In '78 Reeve was conscious of not becoming a product and never signed off on his likeness - Mego therefore went ahead anyway with the line and a passable Reeve for the time....

DSC_0257.jpg

Mego_WGSH_Superman.jpg

Even going so far as to market them unashamedly in europe as a direct tie-in to the movie;

European_Mego.jpg

Then nothing until '87 when first the Hamilton gifts 15" vinyl with again only a passing resemblance hit shelves to be recast and sold in WB stores for years thereafter.
Customs only began trickling out in the 90's - among the best a garage kit by Lee Ames -

STM_Garage.jpg

Followed by Andgor's attempt -

Andgor_Fig-1.jpg

Les walker's excellent custom and Kris Meadows portrait doll -

KM_Doll4.jpg

Until finally, after his sad passing - DC direct reward a near 30 year wait with this -

SM-Reeve-1.jpg

Which may have sufficed 15 years ago but with the advancement of accuracy with 1/6 sculpts and fans demanding detail and getting it the time for this is NOW.

Such great packaging as well on that Les custom.

As for the DC statue, it's nice to see something - on the other hand it's a horrible product.

Yeah, I would love to have this figure made, make it happen HT.

So is anyone keeping an official list of these wants?

I would love to get it too if there is really an official release! He IS Superman!:eek:

I wanna see this.....!!

STM_Full.jpg

And while we're *ahem* waiting - lets talk customs and variants...Like how cool would a mean-ass version from Superman III be??

CRjunkyardchestup2.jpg

CRjunkyardfullbody.jpg

Not to mention the Phantom Zone trio and screw it, even Nuclear Man....:banana

With the rights available and Hot Toys new relationship with DC, I have no doubt we will see a CR Supes by Hot Toys sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back