1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

To be fair, do any of you have this figure in-hand to confirm the articulation? Totally not a shot at anyone. I only say that because although White Glove is usually one of the first to review a figure, I don't watch his reviews to learn anything about a figure. Just a few days ago with his Mk45 review he says "the shoulder can rotate 360 degrees." *rotates it about 90 each way and gives up* There are other examples. I'm just saying, unless someone on here can confirm, keep your hopes up!

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

To be fair, do any of you have this figure in-hand to confirm the articulation? Totally not a shot at anyone. I only say that because although White Glove is usually one of the first to review a figure, I don't watch his reviews to learn anything about a figure. Just a few days ago with his Mk45 review he says "the shoulder can rotate 360 degrees." *rotates it about 90 each way and gives up* There are other examples. I'm just saying, unless someone on here can confirm, keep your hopes up!

I have a feeling that I can get it to move more when I have it in hand, but I still don't think it'll move as well as AoU Cap. AoU Cap's top was two pieces, the sleeves attached to the undershirt and the vest-like piece over top. Whereas CW Cap is all one piece, which I think no matter what is going to limit the ability to have the shoulder rotate.

I expected this from the moment the pictures first popped up of the figure and it's not something I have a problem with nor does it bother me at all.

Whereas CW Cap is all one piece, which I think no matter what is going to limit the ability to have the shoulder rotate.

Is it really? If so that's a big miss by HT. Even the screen-used CW costume is a 2-piece design for better shoulder movement, no idea why HT decide to change the top back to a 1-piece.

Is it really? If so that's a big miss by HT. Even the screen-used CW costume is a 2-piece design for better shoulder movement, no idea why HT decide to change the top back to a 1-piece.

I'm almost 100% certain that it is. I'm looking at pics of him right now to find one that shows that it is one piece.

Found a couple. I don't see any evidence that this is a two-piece top anymore.

I know I could be wrong and that the seems maybe hidden underneath that shield holster. I would be happy if someone could confirm this or prove me wrong.

JDVN1Nw.jpg

3XiIy9Y.jpg

AoU is still the best Cap but this one is definitely second(or third if STRIKE Cap was done right). Looks like the sleeves are going to ride up like STRIKE Cap but I like what I'm seeing.

The box looks great, and the figure looks great also.

Shame to hear about the potential lack of articulation like the SS Cap, but for me personally, I tend to be more of a museum to subtle action poser, so I don't really need top notch articulation for dynamic poses. I would sacrifice articulation for accuracy any day.

The Ant-Man figure has horrible articulation, but it's still one of my favorite figures. I'd imagine that the articulation on this figure can't be any worse than Ant-Man.

no idea why HT decide to change the top back to a 1-piece.

....STRIKE Cap was a two piece suit as well. It was mainly the tailoring of the suit that hindered the articulation and made the body look crappy if I recall correctly. Unless you're talking about the suits pre Winter Soldier.

But it doesn't matter to me since I'm a museum pose dude anyway. XD so I couldn't care less about the hindered articulation.

....STRIKE Cap was a two piece suit as well. It was mainly the tailoring of the suit that hindered the articulation and made the body look crappy if I recall correctly. Unless you're talking about the suits pre Winter Soldier.

SS Cap is indeed a two piece suit as well, like AoU. Like you said though, I think it's mainly the tailoring on that figure that hindered articulation. Also, it seems like it's a different style body than previous Cap figures, so it was essentially HT's first time using that body style and having to perfect tailoring for it. With AoU Cap, it excelled in all the categories that SS fell short in for most people. I also think AoU Cap has slightly looser shoulder joints to help increase articulation; at least from what it feels like.

But it doesn't matter to me since I'm a museum pose dude anyway. XD so I couldn't care less about the hindered articulation.

:exactly:

The box looks great, and the figure looks great also.

Shame to hear about the potential lack of articulation like the SS Cap, but for me personally, I tend to be more of a museum to subtle action poser, so I don't really need top notch articulation for dynamic poses. I would sacrifice articulation for accuracy any day.

The Ant-Man figure has horrible articulation, but it's still one of my favorite figures. I'd imagine that the articulation on this figure can't be any worse than Ant-Man.

Mainly museum poses here too. I am not bothered in the least if there is a lack or articulation in the arms on CW Cap. Accuracy is the more important aspect to me as well.

Not my pics.

080539tszpvavmpwza7vzp.jpeg

080532rr21r63gw831er85.jpeg

080516oiii95sp0mqogb28.jpeg

080503u32c06p0e0cttexw.jpeg

080422v5jjywi2lm5snjwe.jpeg

080435ex4cipcxmqct8t8g.jpeg

I am unsure which looks better from the front. Both have good parts. But I for sure prefer the AoU from the back.

I am unsure which looks better from the front. Both have good parts. But I for sure prefer the AoU from the back.

Agreed about which looks best from behind....that said, the semi frontal pic makes CW sculpt look meh

It's the same sculpt

I kinda like the CW suit more. Its simpler. The AoU one was too loud. A lot of things going on at once.

The CW suits is great. If I where to have only one Cap i would get the regular CW version. It is more toned down, which I normally prefer. I don't like pin stripping or adding lines or stuff just to break color up. Like they did with Spider-Man. But the Aou suit colors have a flow so they don't bother me. But the extra head options out it over the top for me personally. But if hey both had the same head and all that I'd probably prefer the Aou. The hands are little better. I like the magnetic options and metal hand grips of the shield better.

They are both (or all three really) great figures. Any one of which would make a great single figure. Glad I am not choosing just one

The only thing I don't like about the AOU suit was all the unnecessary extra red on the chest and the CW suit fixed that. I do wonder what the CW suit would look like with the white biceps from AOU though.

Back