1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Kinda hilarious when the most talked about thing on Facebook about a special edition battle damaged figure is the box LOL.

I don't see why it's hilarious to be honest... A lot of people also collects these for the box art too. The box is as much a part of the collectible as anything else included.

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

I don't see why it's hilarious to be honest... A lot of people also collects these for the box art too. The box is as much a part of the collectible as anything else included.

Not to mention we've seen photos of the figure (even if they were promo), but not the box.

As u all know, I have the regular version of this figure on PO, but I must be honest with u all... I think his pants and boots looks weird as hell :( His knee pads didnt change (which makes his leg looks like a Velociraptor leg) and that thing over his boots looks funny. Other than that, his top half looks great, but I'm disapponted.

As u all know, I have the regular version of this figure on PO, but I must be honest with u all... I think his pants and boots looks weird as hell :( His knee pads didnt change (which makes his leg looks like a Velociraptor leg) and that thing over his boots looks funny. Other than that, his top half looks great, but I'm disapponted.

I'm chalking that up to people not knowing how to futz with the figure.

It's a shame about the knee pads but to be honest idk how they would fix that...

The side by side makes me feel better that I stuck with AoU. The kneepads look a tad too bulky and the shoulder improvement looks marginal at best (the proto looked better in that regard).

Last edited:

OMG YES! That box is just amazing and the figure looks great. I cannot wait to get him in.

It was quick but this is just a repaint of th Aou. Same head. Same tailoring mostly.

View attachment 266067View attachment 266069

Why did they go back to the "midget" hands of the Stealth Suit? Something about them just looks off.

I really think outside of the amazing box art and the "kitty-scratched" shield, this one
may be a pass for me.

I'm chalking that up to people not knowing how to futz with the figure.

It's a shame about the knee pads but to be honest idk how they would fix that...

Thats true. I'll wait for more pics before deciding, but looking this way, I'll probably wait for another version (maybe a 1/4th scale).

White glove review up.

Agent 13 called black widow.

As for the art, it's a direct pull from the comic cover of civil war. Done in that same look

civil-war-comic-review.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White glove review up.

Yeah, they went back to the crappy arm articulation like on the WS version. C'mon HT:gah:

What a waste of money this is, people should just get the regular version :lecture

Does this have less arm articulation range than AoU? I was suspecting the added shoulder padding on this release could restrict the shoulder articulation. Not like AoU Cap has fantastic arm articulation but it was good enough to do most poses, this one seems more restrictive in the video above.

Does this have less arm articulation range than AoU? I was suspecting the added shoulder padding on this release could restrict the shoulder articulation. Not like AoU Cap has fantastic arm articulation but it was good enough to do most poses, this one seems more restrictive in the video above.

Yes, it does. It has quite a bit less articulation in the rotation of the shoulder.

Upon watching the review...still digging my AoU Cap

image.jpgimage.jpg

Watched the review twice already and I much prefer the toned-down CW suit and the CW figure in general, even with the limited arm articulation. I still have no regrets in getting rid of AoU Cap. Phew :lol

Back