1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

I won't mind picking up a Reg head and face plates to go along with this to make this my single Cap.

Kinda thinking about using that gnarling gritting teeth face, it would look great with the crashed brick wall base.

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

I won't mind picking up a Reg head and face plates to go along with this to make this my single Cap.

Kinda thinking about using that gnarling gritting teeth face, it would look great with the crashed brick wall base.

Thats my plan

Thats my plan

Still hoping I can use the reg face plates on this head without having to buy a reg head. Will definitely investigate it when I get this in, was thinking I might be able to pry this face plate off, looks like it's just glued on.

I just PO'd both to save myself a lot of trouble. I don't have a Chris Evans Captain A. in my collection yet, so I'll end up displaying one with the naked head sculpt and the other in a battle pose, mask on, gritted teeth, and with the Mark 46 when that comes out next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still hoping I can use the reg face plates on this head without having to buy a reg head. Will definitely investigate it when I get this in, was thinking I might be able to pry this face plate off, looks like it's just glued on.

Why would you do that? The regular faceplate is just this face that's removable. It's the same sculpt. Or do you mean just use both faceplates? If so just buy the other head.

The kneepads are different from the prototype? It looks "integrated" into the suit on the prototype and a separate piece on the mass release.

I prefer the AoU suit overall, but this one is still pretty nice as well.

I think he looks fantastic, and has the best proportions among the Caps released thus far.

Not sure where the worry/displeasure with the articulation is coming from. Based on the video review, the articulation looks pretty good and nothing like the stiff board that is the SS figure.

Only complaint I have is that they decided to go with the slipcover style box instead of a shoebox design..bummer

The fact that the claw marks on the shield are painted rather than engraved is disappointing. It makes it less desirable. I could easily buy an extra shield and just paint it.

The fact that the claw marks on the shield are painted rather than engraved is disappointing. It makes it less desirable. I could easily buy an extra shield and just paint it.

I have no painting skills so i would just have to try and engrave the claw marks. It doesnt look painted so i'm fine with it.

I didn't watch the review yet but I like what I see so far. The weathering is a lot more apparent in these in hand pics too.

I never really closely examined all the differences between this and the AoU suits, but the side by side shows they're way more different than I realized. Completely different from head to toe

I'm on the wait list for this, but I like the alternate face sculpt as much as the regular. The only thing that really appeals to me is the scratched shield. Put that's just paint and weathering. I have a feeling when these start to ship I'll definitely get one, but if I do I'm going to have to buy another head. Or, just get the regular version, but a shield, and scratch and weather it myself. Decisions!

To make it more realistic looking, I'd just buy an extra clean shield from the regular version and just engrave the claw marks with a nail or something. Or just engrave over the painted claw marks on the BD shield.

It looks pretty realistic as is.

That's some of the nicest box art I've seen in a while. Didn't watch the full review but the figure looks good from what I've seen.

Looks like Clip will be doing a review. He'll definitely answer any questions or concerns regarding articulation.

:yess: I can't wait for his review! :panic:

So is that a really bad Black Widow on the box or is that a subtle sneak peek at a future Sharon Carter figure?

Back