1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

This figure would have been far more appealing if the face was bloodied and beat up.

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Wouldn't have sold any better. Which is really all that matters.

Sure. You're not wrong in saying that. Add exclusive, limited, or promo edition in front of anything and most collectors will drop to their knees for it. Doesn't matter if it is a $200 Hot Toy, a $10 Funko Pop, or a $2 Hot Wheels car. Heck, if all you added was the scratched shield and removed the A logos, changing nothing else from the normal release, but still titled it with the limited prefix, it would have sold out.

But on that same token, why do we add battle damage to Tony faces beneath Iron Man masks? Shouldn't he be less likely to have damage than a half exposed face? Both are shown beaten up in every film. Personally speaking, I don't see why it should have been skipped on this figure. Limited or not, open face IM sculpts regularly have it. It just seems like either an oversight or just a "whatever" situation.

Personal opinion, a lot of good that does though. However many units of this figure exist are now sold out and done now, as you said. Such is business.

Best option is to have the A on the shoulders. People who don't want it can take it off. Everyone is happy.

Maybe if it came with an alternate bloodied headsculpt it would be okay, but I don't think I'd want the bloodied sculpt as the only sculpt for this figure.

Releasing soon. Stock came in.

13244723_1036210919796476_5310182923206136888_n.jpg

Mk45 now this? Can't wait to see pictures!

Holy crap. :thud: :blissy

Hope the regular version isn't too far behind! Can't wait to see pictures :clap

Found online. :panic: Photo credit goes to Ray Chan.

170030etytshaiyc4a1bc6.jpeg

170020rvgyogso6sh7hgo2.jpeg

170025p4cmn39xlyls919x.jpeg

170036j7p8pklkyqjy7qpy.jpeg

Wow! Gonna sound weird but the first thing that caught my attention was the box art. Love how it's inspired by the comics! :clap

Figure looks really good too. Proportions look spot on and I like how the pants aren't pulled up to his belly button like on the AoU figure that needed to be adjusted to look right. Nice!

That box! :thud: The figure looks wonderful!

That's the first thing that I saw too. The box is beautiful. :clap Cap looks amazing as well, I cannot wait to have him. :panic:

Now that I've seen the production piece AND it's being released already, I can finally say that I have zero regrets in selling my AoU Cap.

Box is great...still can't see what's battling about it but the shield :)

Box is great...still can't see what's battling about it but the shield :)

Its a BATTLING Version, not a BATTLE DAMAGED Version...

and unfortunately i was wrong, they didnt change anything. And yeah, if the box is the best thing from an figure then something is wrong...

Its a BATTLING Version, not a BATTLE DAMAGED Version...

and unfortunately i was wrong, they didnt change anything. And yeah, if the box is the best thing from an figure then something is wrong...

Nothing is wrong, if you don't like it, don't buy it. It's that simple.

Back