1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Admittedly when I first PO'd I thought the Crossbones helmet was exclusive to this (forgot it came with the regular), but I'm still not completely miffed by it and I'm happy with the added weathering and BD shield. Plus it's a newly painted Rogers sculpt so the eyes are looking a different direction than the regular release (so now we have the same Rogers sculpt looking 4 different ways :lol).

I feel ya but this didn't get me pissed like some other HT moves have. The additions here wouldn't have fit in the regular package for $225 IMO

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

This is us right now:

The Black Panther scratches on Cap's shield looks awesome!

I would so kudos that if I could... :rotfl .. As I've said I don't want or need a Cap from Civil War, but if I'd missed out AoU, and already preordered the regular of this, I wouldn't be batting too many eyelids. A scratched shield isn't that important to me unless I'm going for a vs Panther vibe, which I guess is what the whole Civil War collection is about.. And I really can take or leave the base.

Pre-Ordered that Scarlet Witch as soon as I got up though.. :hi5:

All I would want from the movie promo is the shield. Wish they would have included it as a second shield like they did with Avengers 1 CA.

Other than that I can't justify spending another $220+ on a similar figure I already have on PO. Congrats to those who get him.

I'm pretty sure the only thing I'd get from this figure is the BD shield. The base looks neat, but I don't like the fact that it seems like it's simply a free standing base, with no cradle stand. Not to mention if you're planning on getting other CW figures, it would be incongruous with the other bases and seems like it makes the figure taller than what it needs to be.

I personally prefer the clean suit though with the helmeted sculpt with the interchangeable face pieces, and merely adding a BD shield.

VZM.IMG_20160415_135001.jpg

I'm pretty sure the only thing I'd get from this figure is the BD shield. The base looks neat, but I don't like the fact that it seems like it's simply a free standing base, with no cradle stand. Not to mention if you're planning on getting other CW figures, it would be incongruous with the other bases and seems like it makes the figure taller than what it needs to be.

I personally prefer the clean suit though with the helmeted sculpt with the interchangeable face pieces, and merely adding a BD shield.

Do the separate pieces show up on eBay much? I know in the past I got some Iron Man accessories that way, but wasn't sure if i could rely on getting other pieces like the base on this new battle damaged edition.

Any other reliable way to get separate pieces once the figure releases?

Well my post makes a little less sense since the mods trimmed it down and deleted BrooklynWolf's. What up with that?

Do the separate pieces show up on eBay much? I know in the past I got some Iron Man accessories that way, but wasn't sure if i could rely on getting other pieces like the base on this new battle damaged edition.

You can generally find Cap parts parted out on eBay. The only one I haven't really seen is the shield from GA Cap.

Sites like toy anxiety and monkey depot get parts pretty regular. But keep in mind that a head can go for 50-100 a shield for the same. Stands range from 20-100.

You can sometimes find them cheaper but that takes a fair amount of looking and keeping an eye out as the cheaper stuff goes quick. And there are knock offs available if you prefer that route.

Noob question here: do "movie promo" figures only come out before the movie releases?

I find the parts from movie promos to be few and when they do appear on ebay they are expensive. I imagine the BD shield is going to be as expensive and the GA Cap shield was when it was listed($100+).

I find the parts from movie promos to be few and when they do appear on ebay they are expensive. I imagine the BD shield is going to be as expensive and the GA Cap shield was when it was listed($100+).

There'll be knock offs. Much cheaper. Wait for those. Once the movie comes out, and the figures, many knock offs of the BD shield will begin pouring in. Seeing as how the standard CA is the better buy, many will opt to buy that instead and will want the BD shield (which should've been included with the standard edition in the first place). Trust me, knock offs of the shield will be common place.

There'll be knock offs. Much cheaper. Wait for those. Once the movie comes out, and the figures, many knock offs of the BD shield will begin pouring in. Seeing as how the standard CA is the better buy, many will opt to buy that instead and will want the BD shield (which should've been included with the standard edition in the first place). Trust me, knock offs of the shield will be common place.

I dont buy fake parts though. I wish I did some stuff would be a lot cheaper.

I dont buy fake parts though. I wish I did some stuff would be a lot cheaper.

Personally, I don't like to buy fake parts as well. but when it comes down to **** like this, I'll make an exception. In fact, I'll encourage it. I hate it when companies take advantage of their fanbase like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gotta have all the caps so ordered. Do wish it was a little more battle worn, but its still a really cool looking figure and you gotta love the shield.

Moved my regular CW cap PO to this new one! That BD Shield and dirtier suit sealed the deal for me! :yess:

Gotta have all the caps so ordered. Do wish it was a little more battle worn, but its still a really cool looking figure and you gotta love the shield.

If it was really battle worn, and came with a bloodied HS and a new sculpt to go with it, THAT would be substantial enough to warrant such a release. But all it has are dirty knee pads. And the shield...once again, I can stress this enough, it should've been included with the standard release. They did it before with the first "avengers" movie, why couldn't they have done the same with this?

Back