1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

It's an excellent figure, but I don't think it brought as much new to the table as BVS Batman. I do agree the battling promo outshone the regular release though and is definitely one of the best caps out there.

I agree about the cool innovations that the BvS Batman brings and am glad I picked that figure up. For me, though, I think this Cap is clearly leagues ahead of Batman in terms of photo realism, in large part due to the far more accurate body proportions. Guessing people just have Captain America fatigue at this point!

My personal list for 2016 is this Cap, followed by the Sandtrooper, Batman, and then Deadpool. Two fantastic and super realistic looking figures that people aren't as excited about because of previous incarnations, followed by two figures with awesome, innovative suits that are slightly let down by wonky, unrealistic proportions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Could anyone advise where I could pick up a parted out base and stand from this release. Couldn't find anything on ebay.

I'd imagine eBay would be your best bet, being that it's an EX. Or perhaps another member on here will sell you one.

Hello everyone!

I was wondering does anyone here on the forums have a parted base that this came with and is willing to sell? I've looked all over eBay to find one and couldn't.

Again thanks again everyone!

In retrospect, I kind of wish I would have picked this one up in lieu of the regular version. At the time, I wasn't intending on recreating the final battle scene with Cap, Bucky and Mk 46. This suit is more accurate for that scene, and actually for the majority of the film in general. Only downside is it doesn't have the interchangeable face plate sculpt, and I would have wanted that.

Don't like the rubble diorama base, but like my regular version currently is, would have put this on a generic oval base anyway.

In retrospect, I kind of wish I would have picked this one up in lieu of the regular version. At the time, I wasn't intending on recreating the final battle scene with Cap, Bucky and Mk 46. This suit is more accurate for that scene, and actually for the majority of the film in general. Only downside is it doesn't have the interchangeable face plate sculpt, and I would have wanted that.

Don't like the rubble diorama base, but like my regular version currently is, would have put it on a generic oval base anyway.

Yo SS17, I’ve got an extra CW BV Cap brand new sealed in box if you’re interested. Hit me up.

Finally went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. When the PO went up, I sat there staring at this in my cart and twiddled my thumbs until it was gone. Huge regret, but very happy to own it now.

2017-08-01 00.41.04.jpg

Unless he dons the scale mail armor in traditional colors (wouldn't be interested in something like a Nomad scale mail Cap) or they for whatever reason remake TFA or GA Cap with better everything, this will be my one and only Cap. I actually enjoyed the comic event, loved the movie, and love everything about this particular release. This is my definitive Cap.

Gonna keep it boxed for now until I get a proper display setup along with the rest of my ideal Avengers lineup - DC Mk6, AoU or LA Thor, Spidey, and very hopeful for a regular Ragnarok Hulk. As far as the MCU goes, I think I'll be done with team building and will only focus on the HoA figures and perhaps Spidey.

Special thanks to Blinguskahn and Sulla9. Love this figure and appreciate everything!

Excellent choice. I think it's definitely the best of the two civil war caps. The full neck sculpt looks a lot better proportion wise and the padding they did on this body was much better as well.

But its the same body..All they did for battling was weathering, take out the replaceable faceplate and add in the custom dio base..

The full neck sculpt looks a lot better proportion wise and the padding they did on this body was much better as well.

I explained why right there.
Reading comprehension is your friend. Im guessing you don't own both if you think they look the same.

I explained why right there.
Reading comprehension is your friend. Im guessing you don't own both if you think they look the same.

I only own the regular one. Thought that was intuitive given what I said.

Sounds like you wouldn't know then. :dunno

I didnt even know it existed at the time. I only saw the regular Cap and PO right away. It doesnt come with the swap-out mouth plate so Im still so-so on it.

Good figure though since its an "exclusive" and the weathering is done right.

Yeah I like the faceplate. Something long overdue for cap figures imo. Unfortunate that it kind of had to be a ball joint head though as it makes him a tad stubbier than the other ones.

Yeah I like the faceplate. Something long overdue for cap figures imo. Unfortunate that it kind of had to be a ball joint head though as it makes him a tad stubbier than the other ones.

Huh, I always thought the previous Cap heads were the same way. While the interchangeable faceplates are cool, I think it only works with the gritted teeth. It's not terrible with the regular face, but it doesn't look nearly as good as this one and the previous versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know where I can still buy the interchangeable mouth plate head sculpt anywhere?

Ebay probably, unless OSK decides to put their version back up for order... Speaking of OSKs version, does anyone know the due date for that? I ordered it but it's still "processing"

Excellent choice. I think it's definitely the best of the two civil war caps. The full neck sculpt looks a lot better proportion wise and the padding they did on this body was much better as well.

Thanks. It's personally my favorite of the two as well. The weathering gives it a lot of character and I've always liked diorama bases. I'm not a straight up museum poser, but also don't go for anything too dynamic, so I didn't need the gritted teeth faceplate. Regarding sculpted necks, I much prefer the head and neck be one piece - just not a fan of visible joints. Seeing that joint on MoS or BvS Superman makes me shudder. Didn't realize that this uses different padding. I don't have the regular one to compare it too but that's interesting.

Does anybody have a pic of the reg cw cap and bv cap side by side, in good lighting? Im trying to decide which one to get.

Back