1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Just check my wait list. I got on April 20th, almost two months ago. Hope it converts!

FYI I got on the wait list on 4/18 and mine converted on 5/5.

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Well, there you go then, that answers that. Thanks! I'll take accuracy over ease any day!

You are welcome. Yeah if they could have kept the magnets and made it accurate they would have. But there really wasn't a good way to do it.

Looking good!

I have to say, I don't agree with Clipper on the shield. He basically called out Hot Toys for reverting back to the old style of shield when the magnetic one was easier to work with. And while I agree on that, HE DIDN'T HAVE THE MAGNETIC SHIELD in CW. So it wouldn't be accurate, would it?

(That said, I suppose they could've included the magnet to make it easier to attach to his back...)

Oh, I was just making reference to the straps being a pain, not that they weren't magnetic like the AOU version, lol. I forgot how hard they are (for me at least) in attaching versus getting spoiled by the magnetic ones :).

and thanks! :duff

And while I agree on that, HE DIDN'T HAVE THE MAGNETIC SHIELD in CW. So it wouldn't be accurate, would it?

(That said, I suppose they could've included the magnet to make it easier to attach to his back...)

So... how did Crossbones get his magnetic bomb to stick to Cap's shield? :lol The shield was always supposed to have some magnetic properties, that's presumably how Cap's able to stick it on his rear buckle effortlessly ever since TFA as there's no hook back there. I still think HT could've found a way to sneak a magnet into the shield, but oh well.

Things don't have to be magnetic to stick. So the bomb thing is moot. And it's like saying the iron man figures are wrong because he doesn't actually fly. The prop shield isn't magnetic. It's a movie effects trick. The shield is aluminum or fiber glass.

You think they could make it magnetic and accurate...how? Where are you sticking magnets on the shield?

The way it's done is accurate to the movie it's from. If you want the magnetic feature then buy the Aou version. Can't expect them to pick and choose which things from others films to use on new stuff when it's not accurate just because someone likes it better. I like war machines gun on mk1 version so should they use it on the mk2? Hawkeyes quiver from Aou is easier to get the arrows in then the CW version...lets go with that then?

If a newer feature does not take away from screen accuracy they will try to use it. But you can't expect them to use features just because you like them better. Or it's easier. They get called lazy enough as it is.

FYI I got on the wait list on 4/18 and mine converted on 5/5.

I'm thinking around release time mine will turn to an actual order.

Cap looking sweet! :yess: more pic please.

I have never had a Cap with the straps on the shield, only the AOU. Is it that hard to get the shield on? Are the straps super fragile? Any chance of breakage?

It's not very difficult i have had more problems changing hands on some of my figures. It is small plastic so it can break but i have several Caps with with straps and have not had any issues.

It's not very difficult i have had more problems changing hands on some of my figures. It is small plastic so it can break but i have several Caps with with straps and have not had any issues.

Same here. It can be a bit tricky, but it's ultimately not that difficult. The only ones that have suffered any breakage is the A1 clean shield and one of the little metal hooks on the GA shield had a piece break off. I was able to repair the A1 shield and the GA shield is still able to be displayed.

Thanks for the info subzro and SilverStar17 :)

For this one seems like you pop off one strap, put it in the strap holding hand, slip his arm through the one strap, pop the hand on, clip the hand strap back into the shield.

Thanks for the info subzro and SilverStar17 :)

For this one seems like you pop off one strap, put it in the strap holding hand, slip his arm through the one strap, pop the hand on, clip the hand strap back into the shield.

You don't even have to unclip the strap. Just take the hand off, maneuver the strap into his hand, slide the arm strap on his arm and then reattach the hand. Sometimes, you don't even have to detach the hand. Just slide the strap over his hand and up his arm, then maneuver the strap into his hand.

6be920a5fecfacab26665015b903fab4.jpg

Got mine and man I love him. Best Cap yet to me.

That looks great, spider!

I really really love the muted colors and minor battle damage.

I would love to see more pics of action poses since the costume is supposed to provide improved articulation over the AOU version. I'd like to see how much more it really has and what kind of poses it can do that the AOU cant.

I would love to see more pics of action poses since the costume is supposed to provide improved articulation over the AOU version. I'd like to see how much more it really has and what kind of poses it can do that the AOU cant.

You can give ClipperKing's video review a watch. Seems like articulation is only a very slight improvement over AoU, namely hip joints and ankles. The arms also drop to the sides better than AoU for museum poses.

Last edited:
Back