1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

It makes more sense to include it with a Cap figure though. They could have done it with the normal figure but obviously it's an incentive for people to want this version.
That's the sole reason it's even included in this version. The shield is the only thing different about this version from the original. Aside from the reused base as well. Would have probably been included with BP or the regular version of Cap if they didn't have this "Battle Damage" version planned from the start.

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

I plan to mix up both versions as I think each are a tad lacking, just a tad. My plan is to use the "snarling" faceplate with the head from the regular version on the BV and either the Evans head or the BV helmet head (assuming there aren't any scratching on the BV helmet) on the regular version.

In my opinion, both Cap's will look perfect with just those 2 simple changes. Still confused why they didn't use the "snarling" face for the BV Cap.

So that there is a selling point for the regular version (snarling head for the regular).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Anyone here watch Danoby2 on YouTube? He's been one of my favorite guys for awhile but the guy "Benjamin" he's got on there for his "Hot Toy Discuss" videos seems to just get angrier and angrier with each episode. I'm sorry but companies are out to make money, that's a fact that he just can't seem to wrap his head around.

Check out the video about this figure and the NA SW where Benjamin says that there is NO place for these figures. And then watch over the next year the prices on these two figures skyrocket! Sorry, but the anger in that video just rubbed off on me, lol!

Anyone here watch Danoby2 on YouTube? He's been one of my favorite guys for awhile but the guy "Benjamin" he's got on there for his "Hot Toy Discuss" videos seems to just get angrier and angrier with each episode. I'm sorry but companies are out to make money, that's a fact that he just can't seem to wrap his head around.

Check out the video about this figure and the NA SW where Benjamin says that there is NO place for these figures. And then watch over the next year the prices on these two figures skyrocket! Sorry, but the anger in that video just rubbed off on me, lol!

Those guys have a screw loose.
They also use the term "printing press" for re-releases. They fail to grasp the idea that every single figure needs to have it's costume made by hand. There is no such thing as a machine that poops out fully made HT clothing.
They were moaning recently about the new stock of Han, Chewbacca and Obi Wan, like their figures are now worthless because everyone can get one.
Idiots.

I've been thinking about it, but was on the fence. Then the BD version finally made me pull the trigger. However it appears the movie promo edition doesn't come with exchangeable face plates? That bothers me a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's one of the main reasons I'm sticking with my original PO of the regular version. To me, the two main selling points for each figure is the interchangeable face pieces for the regular version and the BD shield for the battling version. Between the two, I'd prefer having the option of the interchangeable face pieces, personally.

That is true, it does not. This version has a different base and the three scratches on the shield. It does not have the swap out face plate...

Both have the crossbones helmet and extra Steve head. It's really about what version you prefer. There will be knockoffs of probably both the swap out face/head and the shield on eBay if you consider those things. If you really like the figure then the other version should be fine. Give the WL a week and if it doesn't convert order the other one if your still wanting a Cap. (Not trying to be a sales men...lol)

I will probably get one of those knock off shields if I can't get an original parted out one.

I would have loved if HT included the shield with Black Panther like they included Thor's hammer with Vision.
Not mad though. Customers need variety and an incentive to get a different version.

They also use the term "printing press" for re-releases. They fail to grasp the idea that every single figure needs to have it's costume made by hand. There is no such thing as a machine that poops out fully made HT clothing.
They were moaning recently about the new stock of Han, Chewbacca and Obi Wan, like their figures are now worthless because everyone can get one.
Idiots.

those the guys that complain about every figure while standing in front of 20k worth of iron man?

I will probably get one of those knock off shields if I can't get an original parted out one.

My plan as well.

Between the two, if both the original interchangeable face piece sculpt that comes with the regular version and the BD shield that comes with the battling version go for high prices when parted out to where a person is forced to get a knock off of either that's cheaper in price, I'd personally rather have a knock off accessory than a knock off sculpt.

However, if I like the look of the clean shield to the point where I wouldn't even use the BD shield even if I had it, then I won't bother getting one.

My plan as well.

Between the two, if both the original interchangeable face piece sculpt that comes with the regular version and the BD shield that comes with the battling version go for high prices when parted out to where a person is forced to get a knock off of either that's cheaper in price, I'd personally rather have a knock off accessory than a knock off sculpt.

However, if I like the look of the clean shield to the point where I wouldn't even use the BD shield even if I had it, then I won't bother getting one.

I agree 100%. I don't see myself ever buying a knock off head sculpt.

Yeah I don't even think I'll use the BD shield. I might if I do the BP scene at some point but mostly I'm going to have Cap with IM and WS anyway ...and I just don't have the room to display both versions at the same time.

I am a big not fan of knock offs. But it's mostly due to my family's business and my own work history. I get people who don't care or are forced to pick them up due to lack of originals or money type stuff. But how I feel personally has nothing to do with anyone else, so that's why I brought them up as options.

Yeah I don't even think I'll use the BD shield. I might if I do the BP scene at some point but mostly I'm going to have Cap with IM and WS anyway ...and I just don't have the room to display both versions at the same time.

Same here. Being that I plan on acquiring a few more CW figures, that's also why I'm not sold on the diorama base. I think it looks cool and adds a lot of life to the BV Cap figure, but I think it'd look a little anomalous when posed with other CW figures who have the regular CW bases.

I once bought a knock off TWS un-helmeted sculpt to put on my SS Cap (since the actual HT one was on my Civvy Steve figure), and while it did look really good, I was still able to tell the subtle differences. So I took it off and put the helmeted sculpt back on SS.

I've since acquired another actual HT TWS un-helmeted sculpt, but I put that on GA Cap since the stock sculpt for that figure is too small.

The only time I purchase "knock off" sculpts is when I want to kitbash custom figures where a sculpt made by a big company, such as HT, doesn't exist. James Bond figures, for instance. A lot of them are really good and the likenesses are uncanny.

I just watched the first few minutes of those fools video. Idiots.

He trashed both figures as recycles and said the SW is just going to be reused since it's the same costume in CW. Which it's not. You kinda lose any credability about how these are just money grabs when you can't get the simple facts right.

And I love how because he once got a waitlist conversion that these going to waitlist this quick is meaningless. Silly. No, stupid. And then saying because they got more Star Wars figures in that obviously means this will get more. Even though last years movie promo figure, and the year before and the ones before that..all sold out. Yes some waitlists converted but the figures never came out of WL for any real time and where essentially sold out from the first day on.

Edit-I forgot to mention that they kept stressing how "normal" or not special or whatever these two figures are..but they failed to mention that the figures are not availble at bbts or toy anxiety or anywhere else in the USA, and are limited in Asia as well. Doesn't sound that normal to me. And even most of the larger toy/figure sites wrote that both figures would sell out fast and are limited at the time of the announcment.

image.jpg

Last edited:

I just watched the first few minutes of those fools video. Idiots.

He trashed both figures as recycles and said the SW is just going to be reused since it's the same costume in CW. Which it's not. You kinda lose any credability about how these are just money grabs when you can't get the simple facts right.

And I love how because he once got a waitlist conversion that these going to waitlist this quick is meaningless. Silly. No, stupid. And then saying because they got more Star Wars figures in that obviously means this will get more. Even though last years movie promo figure, and the year before and the ones before that..all sold out. Yes some waitlists converted but the figures never came out of WL for any real time and where essentially sold out from the first day on.

Edit-I forgot to mention that they kept stressing how "normal" or not special or whatever these two figures are..but they failed to mention that the figures are not availble at bbts or toy anxiety or anywhere else in the USA, and are limited in Asia as well. Doesn't sound that normal to me. And even most of the larger toy/figure sites wrote that both figures would sell out fast and are limited at the time of the announcment.

View attachment 258986

I really have to agree with everything you're saying here. The one thing though that really bugged me about the video (and not just the inaccuracies or false speculation) was the HATE that was emanating from Benjamin. Danoby is usually a very positive guy who had a small following but once he started featuring Benjamin on his channel, a ton of haters followed him there. Benjamin is like Donald Trump being outrageous with his viewpoint in order to get one thing: ATTENTION. It's sad really because of the negativity that just flows off him towards these releases when he should just be angry at himself for not having the money to continue in this hobby. Sorry to sound like an elitist, but times have changed and HT's don't cost $130-$150 anymore; milk and butter have also risen in price. If you go on YouTube, especially on a positive channel, and spew your hatred because you don't have the money for the hobby anymore then, In my opinion, you lose your credibility.

Look, I know that people have to pick and choose depending on finances and that is smart but to bash releases because, and we know it's true with Benjamin, you just can't afford it, that just makes you a jealous hater; there's enough of those people in the world already, lol. Gone are the days of $150 new releases, the DX line is dead, figures don't come with tons of accessories anymore; to be blunt, deal with it or get out!

I am a big not fan of knock offs. But it's mostly due to my family's business and my own work history. I get people who don't care or are forced to pick them up due to lack of originals or money type stuff. But how I feel personally has nothing to do with anyone else, so that's why I brought them up as options.

I understand. It's an option I see a lot of my friends take. Just not for me.

My OCD will not allow me to purchase knock offs. It would bother me to no end. [emoji23]

Never thought too much about this, but I like the base and the shield. Went to SS and saw they are WLed already. Jumped on the WL, hope I was quick enough. :pray:

Idiots.

If you want to invest in something, get into commodities, stocks and shares. Toys are not a viable pension plan.

Saw the Danoby and Benjamin video. I don't get why Benjamin is on that channel. Dude is full of hot air in every video.

Back