1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

The figure that the stand is taken from had magnets in the stand and boots if I recall

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

The diorama stand and figure most likely have magnets, the Kerberos Panzer stand does. Also of note it will fit in a detolf I tested it out with AOU cap on the Kerberos stand before ordering.

Can anyone match up the magnets in the Kerberos base to the way the BV Cap is standing on his? If they're the same, then we know the BV base has magnets.

pre-ordered as soon I could, Was happy to see the price was the same as the clean version. It felt silly getting the clean version since I already have the AoU version so I was thrilled when they announced this, especially when I had seen earlier in the Black Panther photos the shield with the claw marks on it. I'm getting everything I would be with the clean version with a better stand and a battle damaged shield, so it's a win win for me

What's the difference between this suit and the AoU suit?

captain-america_side_by_side_costume.jpg

Like the other one better. Only want the shield, gonna grab off ebay when available..

Thanks Silver...very subtle but the new suit looks to take queues from the stealth suit.

:exactly:

I like to think the CW version has the design of the AoU suit, but the simplicity of the SS, like you said. A mixture that I really like.

While I like the AoU suit greatly, I felt it was a tad technical; probably even for Cap's taste.

Damn, this went into "wait list" fast as hell! Lol. I've wanted a Chris Evans Captain America for a while, and finally decided this morning to PO it, just to see it on WL already. I joined the WL anyway. Here's hoping it converts for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has a decent chance to convert. But you could always order the other version.

I've been thinking about it, but was on the fence. Then the BD version finally made me pull the trigger. However it appears the movie promo edition doesn't come with exchangeable face plates? That bothers me a bit.

I am still debating about whether or not I want to add my name to the wait list. I do like this more than the original. Wonder how long it would take to convert?

That is true, it does not. This version has a different base and the three scratches on the shield. It does not have the swap out face plate...

Both have the crossbones helmet and extra Steve head. It's really about what version you prefer. There will be knockoffs of probably both the swap out face/head and the shield on eBay if you consider those things. If you really like the figure then the other version should be fine. Give the WL a week and if it doesn't convert order the other one if your still wanting a Cap. (Not trying to be a sales men...lol)

I am still debating about whether or not I want to add my name to the wait list. I do like this more than the original. Wonder how long it would take to convert?

It's hard to say. The first batch of conversion should happen tomorrow (maybe tonight) and then there will be a couple every day as people cancel (always happens). But the best bet for conversions will be when the figure releases or is announced to release and people actually have to pay. Usually a pretty large amount of cancled orders and Nsf.

But I would be prepared to have your NRD as soon as you order.(it won't be immediate and they give you like 24 hours to accept or decline) Just in case.

You're not coming off that way. I've been contemplating for a while. Yeah I'm thinking I'll definitely wait a bit. I've had to piece together certain accessories for some others figures too in the past, so I just may do that.

It's hard to say. The first batch of conversion should happen tomorrow (maybe tonight) and then there will be a couple every day as people cancel (always happens). But the best bet for conversions will be when the figure releases or is announced to release and people actually have to pay. Usually a pretty large amount of cancled orders and Nsf.

But I would be prepared to have your NRD as soon as you order.(it won't be immediate and they give you like 24 hours to accept or decline) Just in case.

I may wait then. Thanks for the info! :)

Wish they would have included the scratched shield with BP

It makes more sense to include it with a Cap figure though. They could have done it with the normal figure but obviously it's an incentive for people to want this version.

Back