1/6 Hot Toys BW Movie Taskmaster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Walt Disney Company sent out a widespread announcement that Black Widow made $215M-plus WW this weekend: Broken down, that’s $80Mat the domestic box office, $78M in international box office, and over $60M in Disney+ Premier Access consumer spend globally. I understand that the latter figure skews more heavily toward US Disney+ Premier spending. This is the first time that Disney has released actual dollar figures about how their films did on Disney+.

The Walt Disney Company sent out a widespread announcement that Black Widow made $215M-plus WW this weekend: Broken down, that’s $80Mat the domestic box office, $78M in international box office, and over $60M in Disney+ Premier Access consumer spend globally. I understand that the latter figure skews more heavily toward US Disney+ Premier spending. This is the first time that Disney has released actual dollar figures about how their films did on Disney+.
Very healthy figure considering the current circumstances. Good for Marvel.

The film will make bank..She is a core character in the MCU…whether people know about her comics or not

There is no denying people know all about her now thanks to the MCU.

So we shouldn’t be surprised by these numbers..People will pay to see this film either way. So Disney was super smart giving us the D+ option.

The film will make bank..She is a core character in the MCU…whether people know about her comics or not

There is no denying people know all about her now thanks to the MCU.

So we shouldn’t be surprised by these numbers..People will pay to see this film either way. So Disney was super smart giving us the D+ option.
Plus its the first MCU movie in 2 years, and people are eager to get back out there.

I enjoyed it. Seems like Marvel is playing it very safe with BW and all the TV shows. Def expectations are higher than delivery, but I have been entertained by it all. Feels a lot like MCU Ph1, but I continue to watch those now too. I know they wanted to cool off after EG and they def have done that. After Ghost, I haveta say the gender bender didn’t surprise me. What surprised me is that he did that to his own daughter. Red on Nat’s book again. I thought there was a little emotion in that, maybe not enough build up.

The Red Room didn't quite register on me when I watched it ... I mean yeah, the whole massive implausibly undetectable castle in the sky from a Roger Moore movie registered, but in hindsight, it breaks the MCU.

S.H.I.E.L.D. and maybe Wakanda should have noticed that thing.

But this is just part of the Harry Potter-ification of the MCU.

Marketers & Writers: "The amazing thing about the rich foundation and world-building we've invested decades in, is that now audiences are ready for stories we just couldn't tell before. The possibilities now are endless!

Audiences with a modicum of critical faculty left: "Y'all are just lazy now."

I'll temper my cynicism with the concession that they may still wow us, but I'll believe it if I see it. It's looking pretty lame right now.

• WandaVision: c- ... entertaining premise, didn't stick the landing
  • The Falcon And The Winter Soldier: e ... total failure
  • Loki: c+ until further notice ...
  • Black Widow: c+ ... some entertainment value, not very re-watchable.
If there's one charge I'd level at all of the above, it's a jarring lack of consistency for characters and casual disregard for years of world-building, although if memory serves it was least apparent in WandaVision, which had other problems.
Agreed. The fan base is strong but the quality is falling fast.

Remember Ghost? Yeah nobody does cause they gender swapped that character and pissed off those fans.
I think nobody remembers ghost because she was a really poorly written villain in a meh movie. I don’t think it was the gender swapping necessarily. She just wasn’t that interesting. I enjoy the first ant man movie though.

I thought Ghost was a ok villain and the movie was decent but Ant-Man movies have been my least favorite of them all. overall most MCU villans are weak and easily dispossed of. They are just around long enough to give the heros something to do.

I think Kilgrave in Jessica Jones was a great villain even if it's not part of the MCU.

I think nobody remembers ghost because she was a really poorly written villain in a meh movie. I don’t think it was the gender swapping necessarily. She just wasn’t that interesting. I enjoy the first ant man movie though.
And Taskmaster is now also a poorly written villain in a meh movie.

One thing I thought was pretty funny was the debate of it being a male or female body under the suit for the figure. It was a man in the suit in the movie lol why would they make this a female body under this only to add a bunch of padding to make the build look like a man?

Y’all are so silly sometimes.

Anyways you don’t even really know it may not even been purely about bait and switch. For all we know most of her body could have been blown off and the body is a robot
"ESQUIRE: Before we get to the serious stuff, I'm curious: How heavy was Taskmaster's suit?

OK: It was very heavy. And do you know what? There's so many layers to get dressed. It would literally take 30 minutes. Obviously, underneath the [suit] is bulky and they always acted like I'm wearing those muscles. That's one layer. Then on top is all this costume. Not only was it heavy—you feel so hot in it and we're filming in summer. "

https://www.esquire.com/entertainme...a-kurylenko-taskmaster-black-widow-interview/
Watch out for the women empowerment! There is plenty of it in there!

Yikes, the salt is strong. Really liked the movie and looking forward to having this on the shelf next to snow suit Widow.

No interest in this character after the movie. Didn’t hate her but I didn’t find her particularly memorable or interesting either. I did like that some of the mimicry was subtle. I thought the movie was really good though, especially the performances from Florence Pugh and David Harbour.

David Harbour was the only good thing about this movie. I probably could've watched an hour of him in the prison just making **** up about his past. He really deserves better roles.

The only figures worth getting from this are black suit Widow and Red Guardian

No interest in this character after the movie. Didn’t hate her but I didn’t find her particularly memorable or interesting either. I did like that some of the mimicry was subtle. I thought the movie was really good though, especially the performances from Florence Pugh and David Harbour.
Pugh and Harbour stole the show. I really enjoyed the movie. Taskmaster was cooler than I expected but still no interest in a figure.

Back