1/6 Hot Toys-BvS: DOJ-1/6th Scale Armored Batman (Black Chrome Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the original version looks a little too light and faded. This version looks more screen accurate mainly due to the rain like sheen presented in the movie, it has a darker feel.

I think it's the promo photos
In the promo photos it looks way too light, but all the pictures at conventions it looks perfect
Same with the original Batman prototype
The promo pictures have been a let down for this series but the figures have looked fairly decent on display

Wasn't a fan at first, thinking about it now, with the fight taking place in the rain, I think it could rather be pretty cool, as if he was wet and drenched from the rain, creating this shimmery look on the armor. Might consider it now... just have to think about how to display... maybe the chrome version w/ Superman about to fight, and have the regular version w/ the regular bat suit and knightmare gear as a set of 3?

Maybe this has already been discussed; but why is this an "exclusive" figure when it's available everywhere? Normal exclusives are limited to Sideshow and selected Asian dealers.

Maybe this has already been discussed; but why is this an "exclusive" figure when it's available everywhere? Normal exclusives are limited to Sideshow and selected Asian dealers.

Not in the US it isn't- just SS

I see, that explains why so many sites in different countries have it advertised. On the subject of exclusives, any guesses as to what wonderful and weird limited editions they can create from BvS - anyone interested in gold, chocolate or zebra print convention exclusives?

A Battle Damaged version of the armored Batman seems like a no-brainer, I wonder if they'll Black Chrome a BD one as well? :lol

I see, that explains why so many sites in different countries have it advertised. On the subject of exclusives, any guesses as to what wonderful and weird limited editions they can create from BvS - anyone interested in gold, chocolate or zebra print convention exclusives?

It's possible that Hot Toys allocated limited units to their distributors around the world. Our country's HT distributor was given less than a 100 units of the Black Chrome and it was exclusive to them this time, unlike the previous EX's like Stealth Mark 7 that flooded our local market.

This made me think though: 100 sounds low, but I wonder how many countries were given as much orders. Hong Kong had more, 500 units for the non-VIP and we don't know how much units they allocated to their Secret Base members. And if we're talking about a possible total edition size of maybe 2000 for this figure, I wonder how many units HT now produces for their regular releases?

I decided to cancel my order on this through Sideshow. Can't believe that they would not let me have both the NRD and the rewards back. I took the rewards.

Well, it's called a non refundable deposit for a reason.

I didn't know they would return your rewards if you canceled, I thought they were lost too.

You're lucky you got your rewards back.
That's probably cause you are allowed a one time courtesy to modify your order.

I think that's what happened to my one time courtesy change. I think I applied my rewards to a figure, then I changed my mind, and they let
me transfer that reward to another figure.
That is noted in your sideshow account.
Once you've used up that courtesy, you're SOL.

Back