1/6 Hot Toys-BvS: DOJ-1/6th Scale Armored Batman (Black Chrome Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upon seeing the movie, I ruled out apocalypse version leaving this one or the standard version. I'm leaning towards this version as it'll be more unique.

A question: Does anyone think that the black chrome "variant" clashes with the aesthetic of the film? It makes sense to have chrome variants of Iron Man, it reflects the tone and style of those films, and the various suits. But to my eyes, this just looks cheap, gaudy and tacky - it conjures up images of some lotto winner buying a beautiful 1962 Ferrari and having "MTV pimp your ride".

However, it might look good next to a collection of 1/6 scale Iron Mans, but it would clash with the textures and colours of the three suits from the BvS film.

Black chrome was how it looked to me in the outdor rain with sheen from lighting...so it's a legit release..to me!

Black chrome was how it looked to me in the outdor rain with sheen from lighting...so it's a legit release..to me!

The same thoughts here. And I dont think people will put this next to ironman collection.
Dont we all separate Marvel and DC in display? ;p

I actually prefer this one over the regular. It's closer to what I want in regards to the Frank Miller cover in '86.

I'll wait for it to get cheaper on eBay.

A question: Does anyone think that the black chrome "variant" clashes with the aesthetic of the film? It makes sense to have chrome variants of Iron Man, it reflects the tone and style of those films, and the various suits. But to my eyes, this just looks cheap, gaudy and tacky - it conjures up images of some lotto winner buying a beautiful 1962 Ferrari and having "MTV pimp your ride".

However, it might look good next to a collection of 1/6 scale Iron Mans, but it would clash with the textures and colours of the three suits from the BvS film.

I honestly can't make my mind up which version to get. The regular version is accurate to whats seen on screen most of the time in the movie but the black version is also looking cool. Almost like what it should have looked like. I really don't know which one to get but if its screen accuracy your looking for i'd go with the regular.

I honestly can't make my mind up which version to get. The regular version is accurate to whats seen on screen most of the time in the movie but the black version is also looking cool. Almost like what it should have looked like. I really don't know which one to get but if its screen accuracy your looking for i'd go with the regular.

if you need to choose one, go for the cheapest.

I think the original version looks a little too light and faded. This version looks more screen accurate mainly due to the rain like sheen presented in the movie, it has a darker feel.

Original version will probably come out first I'll wait for reviews before I pull the trigger on the original. Probably throw some RP at it by then.

I watched the movie with this is mind, trying to decide which version of the armored fig to buy, and based on the lighting of the scenes I think the Black Chrome version is actually closer to screen accurate.

very much so...which is why HT did this version and not as a moneymaker ha ha

I ordered one of these last night. Im not a big batman fan, and i think BVS is avrage. But i was always keen on the armored suit, and especially the black chrome when the pictures turned up. Upon having watched the movie yesterday, and witnessing him at night time in a wet affect i think the chrome is the way to go. Even if technically its the wrong colour, it just " looks " right to the eye.

Back