1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Owen's custom of BvS Wonderwoman.
sculpt is spot on, its just the painting process that throws it a little off.

VWrlHH5.jpg

CvLOBhS.jpg

Repaint looks like Kim Kardashian

Owen's version is not bad at all.
I am waiting for other painters' takes on this head sculpt.
The hard thing about liking or disliking a custom is that we (the masses) rarely ever get to hold it in hand. I used to be a huge fan of customized sculpts. But when HTs started making so much progress with their sculpts, I let it go. Custom 1/6 work (that's good) is also very expensive. When a collector adds the cost of a HT with the cost of custom work it can equal $1000+++ for one peice. If you can afford that go for it. There are some great artists out there who can magnificently improve upon what certain manufacturers are already doing. But until or unless I'm Uber wealthy, no thanks. I'll stick to the HTs sculpt because it's far and above superior to what we've ever had.

The eye shape is different. Like her eye bags were slightly altered. Looks good. But the person who said she looks like Kim, is also right as well. But I definitely prefer the custom repaint. The eyes feel more Gadot to me.

Well that sucked for a mobile upload. I guess my phone only uploads hot toys for umalumpas

Hell I thought the eyeliner and mascara on the stock head was already too dark and heavy. It should be a bit more subtle than that, and that's one thing that I thought the proto actually got right.

Back