1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishful thinking. You were better off cancelling the order.

I wasn't really being serious there. And personally the current sculpt still works perfectly well for me (and I suspect will look much better in hand anyway, as HT sculpts always do). If I can improve it later with a better sculpt then I will. No big deal.

I wasn't really being serious there. And personally the current sculpt still works perfectly well for me (and I suspect will look much better in hand anyway, as HT sculpts always do). If I can improve it later with a better sculpt then I will. No big deal.

My thinking as well. I personally already give this sculpt an 8/10. If the JL sculpt is better, then the most I'd do to this figure is just pick up a parted out JL sculpt and stick it on this one.

That is if I end up not getting the JL figure. :lol

My thinking as well. I personally already give this sculpt an 8/10. If the JL sculpt is better, then the most I'd do to this figure is just pick up a parted out JL sculpt and stick it on this one.

That is if I end up not getting the JL figure. :lol

That's my plan to BUT I want all the mother boxes so if she comes with one I might have to get her. I really don't want or need two almost identical regular armour WW figures. Training armour and one regular armour is plenty. Dunno what to do. :gah:

You'd think that if that was their plan, they would've put that sculpt on her the way they did for the JL version (which is just the training version with a wig).

Training version with a wig or whatever you want to call it, it's still better than the BvS version.

That's my plan to BUT I want all the mother boxes so if she comes with one I might have to get her. I really don't want or need two almost identical regular armour WW figures. Training armour and one regular armour is plenty. Dunno what to do. :gah:

You might as well get the mother box parted out too right...

wouldnt bother me in the slightest :lol,:duff
i guess it would mean the first 100 or so would become exclusives with a alternative head sculpt:yess:

:impatient:i paid my impatience tax up front:lol and ordered from a hong kong seller a week before the limited 100 release

paid $360 with ems postage took 3 days posted monday delivered to me in the uk wednesday ,ems is around $65 to the uk ,bringing the figure to $295 $30 more than sideshow charge ,but their postage is expensive and slow 10 to 20 days and always attract customs charges

breaking it down i think sideshow were charging $265 for her plus around $40 to $50 for regular airmail ,plus customs and handling charges $70

so instead of paying through the nose i actually saved money and saved a bunch of time going this route :yess:

done it before and would do it again in a heart beat :duff

Behind you 100% on that bud, when ur in the uk it's always the smart way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might as well get the mother box parted out too right...

Could do that. The sculpt, base and mother box parted out though might be close to the cost of the figure. :lol May as well get her and have a spare body in case one gets damaged.

Owen's custom of BvS Wonderwoman.
sculpt is spot on, its just the painting process that throws it a little off.

VWrlHH5.jpg

CvLOBhS.jpg

I Personally like it better. Not that I have anything against the stock. I'm actually very happy with it, and maybe in the minority that prefers this sculpt
over the JL.
But I think his repaint brought out some more likeness.

Owen is also the best when it comes to rehair, so I'm certain he completely replaced the hair and not just styled the stock hair.

Sometimes toy sculpts can be too realistic, making them uncomfortable to look at (close-up). This reminds me of the 1:2 Prime 1 statue.

- notice the wetness of the eyes
- mouth/lips in a pose people actually make
- make-up styling
- excellent hairwork

Very lifelike and therefore creepy

Sometimes toy sculpts can be too realistic, making them uncomfortable to look at (close-up). This reminds me of the 1:2 Prime 1 statue.

- notice the wetness of the eyes
- mouth/lips in a pose people actually make
- make-up styling
- excellent hairwork

Very lifelike and therefore creepy

I understand what that "uncanny valley" is but this sculpt doesn't really have that issue.

It just doesn't look good.

I have to agree with The Batman about this sculpt. It just doesn't look good to me at all and the stock sculpt looks miles better in my opinion. The eye area just has way too much paint and it looks peculiar. I also think the lips are too glossy and too light of a color.

It's not that it looks too life like; looking more life like is a good thing in my opinion. It's that it just simply doesn't look good when I look at it. Put the hair on the custom on the stock sculpt and I personally think the stock sculpt looks more life like.

Oh, so it's not like a true RSVP where they'd reserve one for you before they open it up for pre-order?

RSVPs, by nature and definition, don't work like that.

After translation from French, it means please respond, or something akin to that.

Edit: I see that you are from Canada. I thought it was second nature to know what RSVP means...Répondez s'il vous plaît

Is that supposed to look good?

There is so much paint on the eye area...she looks like she's lit or crying.

She's slightly "glammed up" a bit too much around the eyes, but overall I like the custom better.

Plus, excellent job on the hair. I will never be able to re-create that on my own.

Owen's version is not bad at all.
I am waiting for other painters' takes on this head sculpt.

Back