1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm started to believe maybe you're right, because that WW JL sculpt looks like a last minute concept with the misaligned hair .

Maybe the JL version might be a completely new sculpt
I really think that the JL version is a training head with a wig over it. It accounts for the slightly strange fit. They have a winner with that, so they'll reuse it just the same as they do with their "final" Marvel sculpts.

HT also has done a pretty good job of shuffling releases to align with home video or theatrical releases. WW solo may arrive for PO around the blu ray, with the same for JL's in 2018.

I really think that the JL version is a training head with a wig over it. It accounts for the slightly strange fit. They have a winner with that, so they'll reuse it just the same as they do with their "final" Marvel sculpts.

HT also has done a pretty good job of shuffling releases to align with home video or theatrical releases. WW solo may arrive for PO around the blu ray, with the same for JL's in 2018.

You think WW will release next year on blu ray..doubt it

I'm thinking easily October or Xmas 2017 . How can they not release it just in time for the holidays

Spidey HC and WW will be the top blu ray draws for Christmas 2017

If not it would be a marketing disaster for both franchises.:lecture

I'm thinking easily October or Xmas 2017 . How can they not release it just in time for the holidays

No no no, I didn't clarify what I was saying properly. You're absolutely correct. I assumed that everyone already accepted everything from this summer was, at latest, a holiday release. I agree completely. I think WW will probably hit around October time, just early enough to rake in initial buys, while capitalizing on the Black Friday rush the following month. It would be a good BF header to advertise with.

WW is late August for digital and September for disc. Spiderman is October

No no no, I didn't clarify what I was saying properly. You're absolutely correct. I assumed that everyone already accepted everything from this summer was, at latest, a holiday release. I agree completely. I think WW will probably hit around October time, just early enough to rake in initial buys, while capitalizing on the Black Friday rush the following month. It would be a good BF header to advertise with.

:rotfl it's cool man..I never take things seriously on these threads. If someone does that's where the trouble starts and the person gets a bad rep.

I think more than ever companies would prefer to release superhero flicks in the summer not just to get bigger crowds because there's less school , but to establish enough time to get blu ray revenue in the fall and if the films are smash hits..they save it for the holiday sales.

:rotfl it's cool man..I never take things seriously on these threads. If someone does that's where the trouble starts and the person gets a bad rep.

I think more than ever companies would prefer to release superhero flicks in the summer not just to get bigger crowds because there's less school , but to establish enough time to get blu ray revenue in the fall and if the films are smash hits..they save it for the holiday sales.

Haha right on dude. People get too uptight around here, you're right. :duff

That's an interesting perspective that makes a lot of sense. Strangely enough, I really rarely see kids in the theater anymore - and I usually try to go for the bargain windows where you would expect families to come in. I wonder how much of the box office sees that kid revenue come in more so with home releases around holiday time over that of theatrical release.

I'm with you there. I seldom see kids/teenagers at the theaters anymore. But then again, that could be because try and I go when the crowds seem like they'd be at a minimum. :lol

Here in Kyle, our theater has a huge arcade with tickets for prizes, several bowling lanes, a restaurant and bar. Teenagers flood the place. I would've loved that kind of spot as a kid (my daughter loves it). As for me, my sister works there, so we use her movie passes and watch whatever we want, and get half price food at the restaurant. Her boyfriend manages the bowling alley section, so we get that half price or free occasionally too.
The management allows my friend and I to saber duel in front of the screen for each Star Wars release too!
Come to think of it, I love that theater even as an adult!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a way I'm glad Hot Toys delayed this figure. Saw both at Comic-con and the BvS sculpt just doesn't hold up to the JL. The likeness in the JL version is much better and that's the version I'll be getting... unless they change the sculpt on the WW version to the JL one.

Yeah I actually think the trim Barbie used for their cloak is a whole lot nicer than HT's. Just a shame it's missing the hood and the extra arm openings.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Mattel knows what's up. They've been doing this a lot longer than Hot Toys has.

Here in Kyle, our theater has a huge arcade with tickets for prizes, several bowling lanes, a restaurant and bar. Teenagers flood the place. I would've loved that kind of spot as a kid (my daughter loves it). As for me, my sister works there, so we use her movie passes and watch whatever we want, and get half price food at the restaurant. Her boyfriend manages the bowling alley section, so we get that half price or free occasionally too.
The management allows my friend and I to saber duel in front of the screen for each Star Wars release too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds amazing, wish I had that around here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OMG id move in there !! Sounds great !!

Half your luck !!!!!!

In a way I'm glad Hot Toys delayed this figure. Saw both at Comic-con and the BvS sculpt just doesn't hold up to the JL. The likeness in the JL version is much better and that's the version I'll be getting... unless they change the sculpt on the WW version to the JL one.

This would be my best guess on which sculpt will be on the WW version

Hey, I think he was referring to my post where I posted Libby's picture saying how great it was, so a sort of shout out to me from Dean! :p

yeah i think so to Gary:lol

anyway just to finish off ,for me anyway ,the matell and barbie stuff ,and with the third party heads imminent ,i thought id throw ,the barbie cape and sword and shield onto the matell 12incher ,with the real hot toys head as a stand in for the $30 version ,and in spite of me not going to any trouble to fit the head properly ,it would need a bit of work ,and my poor pictures

i think for me its passable for a cheap stand in the wings sort of figure ,with repainted flesh tone on the body ,bit of weathering and a proper fitting head and neck it could be good

36094686876_b4c3631eaa_m.jpg
35327754743_c0d138ce1e_m.jpg
35327848213_16fac1f200_m.jpg

Back