1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, that same painter could probably make the HT figure look a whole lot better as well. The HT paintwork isn't nearly as bold and dramatic as it should be, especially around the eyes.

The guy who repainted that Wonder Woman, Noel Cruz, is pretty well-known so I'm not too surprised it's currently at $1575.

He has a website where you can find more of his work: https://www.ncruz.com/

Yeah, for $1575, I think I could live with the HT sculpt already bearing a good likeness but the eyes just slightly being off a bit.

To be fair, that same painter could probably make the HT figure look a whole lot better as well. The HT paintwork isn't nearly as bold and dramatic as it should be, especially around the eyes.
I don't think that's fair at all.

The HT sculpt around the eyes is off. Fix the sculpt, the likeness will be much better.

I agree the guy's work is fine, he has talent...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well the toy hardly has any detail at ALL, so he clearly had to create a lot of the detail and likeness himself. And I'm just saying that the same could probably be done with the HT sculpt as well.

Ideally of course it'd be better to have a sculpt that already looked more like Gadot from the start, even before being painted.

I'm torn. On one hand, I'd rather wait to get the figure from her own movie, so the stand will have her logo and the box art won't have all the BvS stuff on it. But on the other hand, I'm not sure if Hot Toys will bother making that figure since it's pretty much identical to her BvS figure.

Like, at least with Black Widow there are changes to her uniform and her hair, y'know? But I don't know that they'll bother making another Wonder Woman if the first version doesn't sell well. What do you all think?

I'm torn. On one hand, I'd rather wait to get the figure from her own movie, so the stand will have her logo and the box art won't have all the BvS stuff on it. But on the other hand, I'm not sure if Hot Toys will bother making that figure since it's pretty much identical to her BvS figure.

Like, at least with Black Widow there are changes to her uniform and her hair, y'know? But I don't know that they'll bother making another Wonder Woman if the first version doesn't sell well. What do you all think?

I'm almost certain they'll make her for her own movie. However, I think they'll just repaint this model as she looks the same in the new movie. They may also repaint the hs, which may or may not be a good thing. Sometimes, the next version isn't always better which means you're most likely paying extra on eBay for the old one. The question really is, do you want her soon or over a year from now?

I'm almost certain they'll make her for her own movie. However, I think they'll just repaint this model as she looks the same in the new movie. They may also repaint the hs, which may or may not be a good thing. Sometimes, the next version isn't always better which means you're most likely paying extra on eBay for the old one. The question really is, do you want her soon or over a year from now?
I doubt they would regress. They've been doing this for a while now...

It's the first time with Gal HS so by the second iteration, the likeness would certainly be perfected.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They can (and probably will) do better with the likeness which makes this an easy pass.

The sculpt on the solo WW figure will likely be better, but I like her BvS look better. Worst case scenario, I'll just pick up the sculpt to put on the BvS figure if it's just leaps and bounds better. I personally think this likeness is already good, it's just the eyes that could use some improvement.

There is the rare case though where a sculpt, or figure in general, actually regresses instead of being better than its predecessor.

What are the chances SS will have this before Xmas...my wife is getting it for me as a pressie but the way everything is being pushed back now has me worried.

What are the chances SS will have this before Xmas...my wife is getting it for me as a pressie but the way everything is being pushed back now has me worried.

Well we're 2 weeks from her Sept-Oct window so we'll know pretty soon if she gets pushed back. Unless there's something seriously wrong with production, I'd say she should get to us by Christmas, if not before. I'm betting before.

Back