1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't always happen though. Most people seem to agree that the Cavill MOS sculpt was a whole lot closer than the BvS sculpt. And there are also some who like the Winder Soldier Black Widow over any of the later ones.

And of course there's still a good chance we'll see a tweaked and improved sculpt for this figure, much like they seem to do with most figures nowadays.

I personally thought CW Black Widow is miles ahead of any previous Black Widow sculpts.

It doesn't always happen though. Most people seem to agree that the Cavill MOS sculpt was a whole lot closer than the BvS sculpt. And there are also some who like the Winder Soldier Black Widow over any of the later ones.

And of course there's still a good chance we'll see a tweaked and improved sculpt for this figure, much like they seem to do with most figures nowadays.

Good point. I personally think the BvS Supes sculpt is a bit better than the MoS one, but I did like TWS Black Widow over the AoU one. More often than not though, I think it's a safe bet that a successing figure will be better than its predecessor.

I personally thought CW Black Widow is miles ahead of any previous Black Widow sculpts.

It certainly looks like it will be, but I wouldn't make that final judgment until the figure is in hand.

I don't know how anyone can look at the MOS Superman and honestly think it's more accurate than the BVS portrait.

Do you own both? I feel the exact opposite. The Man of Steel sculpts proportions are miles better than the BvS.

This is why I now have my second BW on PO. I think nothing is ever certain with the sculpts, BW is a perfect example. I think the first Avengers version was the best until the CW showed up. It's all a matter of opinion though, a lot of people love TWS version the most, I just couldn't get behind it.

This one doesn't look like Gal though....I don't see how it captures the actor if it doesn't look anything like the actor.

Maybe the hair...I'll give you that. The eyes are off..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I like both sculpts about equally and think each one captures the actors look in their respective films.

The BvS sculpt definitely captures Superman's angry, pissed off attitudein that movie, but I'm not sure it captures his look that well otherwise.

Agreed, the details in the MOS sculpt were definitely softened in production. I love both though. :hi5:

Yeah as great as the final sculpt was, it was unfortunately not as close and dead-on perfect as the proto sculpt was. :(

902053-man-of-steel-superman-014.jpg

I still say that MAFEX figure has the best likeness of her:

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 10.43.15 PM.jpg

It's all in the furrowed brow, I think.

This is a figure I really want to see the final version of. The proto looks great but it's become obvious that it's articulation is limited. How limited? I kind of want one but I also want to see how it's movement is.

The paint makes her look more plasticky..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I disagree. I think if it wasn't for the plastic seam lines, you'd be hard pressed to tell this was a doll and not a real person.

Back