1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if the new Superman figure is going to be smaller than the humongo MOS version? That is my only complaint about an otherwise great figure. I'm hoping the head sculpt is not a reuse. I still think the definitive Cavill head sculpt has yet to be done. The Modern Life looks good, but nowhere near $350 good.

Nexus, I've asked the same question about the head size. So far there has been no definitive answer. I wish I could afford the ML sculpt but I can't.

I think that photo was just a slip up. I can't really see them using the old head after going to all of the trouble of developing a new one then just being like, eh, just throw the old head on for fun. I won't be picking this up, but I don't want to see my fellow collectors get reamed.

I'll be disappointed if they recycle the MoS sculpt of course as this is a figure I am greatly looking forward to with the accurate BvS sculpt that they've been advertising, but it's pretty much an it is what it is. If you don't like it, then you simply cancel and don't get it.

I know people have stated that the figures in those type of photos generally reflect final product, but I personally really have a difficult time believing that HT would pull this much of a grand deception where for the entire time leading up to the release, they advertise the figure with having a new sculpt and also state specifically in the specs that it will include a newly developed sculpt that conforms to his look in BvS (not a repaint of an already existing sculpt) then literally at the last minute before packaging it, decide to pop on the old MoS sculpt. HT has got to know that the main selling point for this figure IS the new sculpt. There'd be no point in getting it for many people because either A: They already have MoS Supes and there would be essentially no difference between the two figures if they recycled the MoS sculpt or used something similar. Or B: They don't have any figure of Supes and want to get one, but since this sculpt would be a recycling of the MoS sculpt, isn't accurate to his look in BvS, so you'd be better off getting a MoS Supes instead (unless you prefer the MoS sculpt and the slightly altered suit and want to mix and match the two).

There's no need at the moment in my opinion to hastily cancel anything. We'll see what happens once the figure actually releases in HK and in hand pictures start surfacing to see just what the sculpt will be and look like exactly.

I think that photo was just a slip up. I can't really see them using the old head after going to all of the trouble of developing a new one then just being like, eh, just throw the old head on for fun. I won't be picking this up, but I don't want to see my fellow collectors get reamed.

That's how it starts....

Hello my fellow collectors

if I ordered the exclusive double pack from Sideshow and cancel the Superman figure, will the Batman and the head cowl cancelled as well?
Thanks

I'm definitely gonna be on the lookout for the heat vision modern life sculpt even tho the cost. Wonder when they will actually announce it for preorder

At least there's a new head sculpt out there lol looks pretty good and im sure it will eventually be mass produced by a knock off company. But at the end of the day I seriously doubt sideshow will give us the MOS head sculpt again. I mean it states "Newly developed head sculpt featuring authentic likeness of Henry Cavill" if we get the old one you can bet I'm getting all my money back because that would be false advertisement :lecture

At least there's a new head sculpt out there lol looks pretty good and im sure it will eventually be mass produced by a knock off company. But at the end of the day I seriously doubt sideshow will give us the MOS head sculpt again. I mean it states "Newly developed head sculpt featuring authentic likeness of Henry Cavill" if we get the old one you can bet I'm getting all my money back because that would be false advertisement :lecture

Well it wouldn't be SSC, it would be HT. SSC is merely a distributor for HT. I know what you mean though.

Either way, the transaction and deal is through the company Sideshow Collectibles, it's on their website. So, if this were to occur (which again I doubt it will) it is SSC responsibility to give the customer the option of full reimbursement even if they don't advertise it lol

No of course. I just meant SSC has no say in the production of the figure(s), so the company that would be "giving" us a recycle of the MoS sculpt would be HT. The specs on SSC's site for figures is merely the specs taken from HT's website.

SSC does give you a reimbursement, but they do have the NRD. However, I heard through here that there are cases where they reimburse that as well if HT makes a last minute drastic change to a figure that doesn't at all represent what was advertised.

Oh yes, you're right Hot Toys is the source and makes the calls at the end of the day. And it depends on how hard you fight I guess lol

No need to panic anymore image.jpg

Yes he just confirmed again on one of his fb post there is a new headsculpt so chill out guys. Seriously.. It's just a toy after all. Image1460249035.309233.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back