1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's nothing anyone can do about it now anyway. This is getting blown out of proportion. I see people on facebook crying and spamming the comments section.

1. wait and see. It could just be a mistake and they had the MoS head lying around
2. nothing any of the customers or Sideshow can do about it, so stop bugging them
3. if this figure does sport a repainted MoS head, there's nothing Hot Toys can do about it at this point. They're already produced and made, sitting in their shipping cartons ready to be shipped out to customers all over the world.

Whatever it ends up being, it's already done. Hot Toys can't just "take it back". :lol

I highly doubt they'd do something like this, I mean, the backlash would be huge. I'm sure it was just a mistake for the display and backstage "coming soon" pic. However, if they did change it last second and it's indeed the MoS head, may God have mercy on their souls. The tears, chaos and insanity that would ensue afterwards would be quite the experience. Seeing that kind of response might make this whole MoS head worth it.
It could never match the BvS thread though...that is the thread where the gloves are off....:lol

If it does have a recycled MoS sculpt, I would simply just cancel the existing PO, then pick it up again later on when it's heavily discounted because nobody is buying it. I'm sure people would make custom sculpts that conform to his look in BvS, so I'd just snare one and then pop it on this figure.

It'd be a major disappointment if it doesn't include the newly developed sculpt, but there's always a Plan B.

However, like I said, I really have a difficult time believing they would deceive customers this way. We'll see what happens.

The real problem here is that box. It's really quite ugly, I'm surprised. A BvS figure deserves a visually spectacular box

It is pretty hideous. It looks like HT also took a page out of its SW packaging regarding design. The movie was very dark, HT should've gone in that direction with all of its BvS releases.

You would think HT would have known for a while that they couldn't use the new sculpt, but they've still had it on display at some fairly recent events. They've also had the MOS sculpt at events as well, so I guess they could say the new sculpt was never a definite, but that still wouldn't go over too well. Hopefully it's just a mistake. If not, it's going to be pretty easy to cancel.

I'm not hard to please...I would have been happy with a all black box with the huge chunk of glowing kryptonite from the movie in the center. Nice and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the box I thought is a bit too colorful for the tone of the film. At first look, the MoS boxes were far superior, in my opinion.

Guys...where the hell is this from???

DISCLAIMER: someone posted this pic on FB in the comment section in the black panther discussion...I don't know why, but it caught my attention. The guy that posted it said NOTHING.

WHY DID HE POST THIS PICTURE?!

(Trying to do a Martha scene...anywayyyyy)

Yeah this is pretty boring art. The MoS boxes looked better.

I mean even something like bat profile looking left and supes profile looking right would've been nicer.

Dislike box art. Looks so cheesy

And MoS headsculpt quite worrisome, I don't think that's a mistake or placeholder. They are purposely put that there, Secret Base Superman headsculpt also changed . But WTF, that's cheating a consumer

Guys...where the hell is this from???

DISCLAIMER: someone posted this pic on FB in the comment section in the black panther discussion...I don't know why, but it caught my attention. The guy that posted it said NOTHING.

WHY DID HE POST THIS PICTURE?!

(Trying to do a Martha scene...anywayyyyy)

Omg thats awesome sculpt..i think that was ht sculpt but cant be..if it is then someone just leaked the surprise

That is Modernlife's limited edition Henry cavill sculpt.

It was limited to 10 and it's sold out.
They're releasing another 10 with the heat vision look.

Last edited:
Haha I like. Just a little response to a comment saying its a place holder is all we ask for

It's a promo photo. Why do people freak out about stuff like this? Also, it's not the mos HS. It looks close Becuase shocker, it should. The same actor that's only supposed to be just a little older..

Go look at all the posted stuff before they announced the specs and told everyone at toy soul that the head sculpt was new. At least half the people swore it was the same head from jump.

And what exactly would hot toys say that make ANY difference. If they say it's place holder people *****. If they say it's not people *****. If they say nothing people *****. Given all that, and no matter WHAT they say it won't result in a SINGLE additional sale(but could cost one) why oh why would they ever take the time to say anything? It's silly

Im sooooo glad they're taking the time to upload photos of black panther and NOT address this figures issue. So glad!

They're not addressing it because there's nothing to address! That's the sculpt were getting, period!

What do they care if we're pissed or not! They're in it for the money nothing else! You like what you see? Buy it and shut up!

You don't? Don't buy it and shut up! Motux will buy their stock anyway!:lol

Last edited:
It's a promo photo. Why do people freak out about stuff like this? Also, it's not the mos HS. It looks close Becuase shocker, it should. The same actor that's only supposed to be just a little older..

Go look at all the posted stuff before they announced the specs and told everyone at toy soul that the head sculpt was new. At least half the people swore it was the same head from jump.

And what exactly would hot toys say that make ANY difference. If they say it's place holder people *****. If they say it's not people *****. If they say nothing people *****. Given all that, and no matter WHAT they say it won't result in a SINGLE additional sale(but could cost one) why oh why would they ever take the time to say anything? It's silly

Get your effin eyes checked, for the love of Christ. It IS the MoS sculpt. The same one that was seen in the most recent toy shows...y'know, the one where EVERYONE WITH FUNCTIONING EYES was able to point out and say "yup, it's the MoS sculpt, they must be reworking on the BvS one".

And to further point out your ignorance, it is the same actor, but SHOCKER, the BvS sculpt is an improvement over the MoS sculpt because SHOCKER, the MoS sculpt, while good for its time, could still be improved upon! Have you not seen the movie or were you busy focusing on being ignorant? His hair is completely different between both movies!

And why should we expect HT to come out and say something? BECAUSE THATS WHAT FANS EXPECT IF HT SCREWS UP, ESPECIALLY AFTER POURING SO MUCH OF OUR HARD EARNED MONEY INTO THEIR PRODUCTS!!

GTFO with your constant defense of HT motux.

If HT were to come out and say something, it would help a large portion of people that EFFIN PO'd this figure. If they say it's a placeholder, we all will relax and stay calm and wait. How the hell will that lead to *****ing? We want an explanation, what's wrong with that?! You just said it yourself, anything HT does, we fans whine and moan...so come out and say something anyway!! We're gonna ***** anyway right? So what difference does it make?! Won't result in an additional sale?? WTF does that even mean? How about "loss of a $h!tload of sales?" How does that work for you?

HT effed up once before with the 2nd MKIII release, but at least they owned up to it and apologized and even encouraged fans to cancel their POs if they're THAT upset. HT may have lost sales that day, but they sure as **** gained respect!

Which is something you'll never get from me if your next post is another HT defense post.

Jesus tap dancing Christ, this friggin guy yo!

Back