1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad reviews from critics also potentially kill a movie. Bladerunner got a bad rating from critics and flop hard on box office. But got massive popularity and high rating because audience and cult followers think otherwise

Yes and no. Blade Runner was before its time. I loved that movie. Critics today would rave about it. BVS is another example actually. This movie is still paced to break $1 Billion world wide, which means all the critic reviews meant...nothing. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The critics can kiss me arse with the fan positives like this. Lol.

34ada2da800fa4481443f1254e0901de.jpg
b96c52deef0528c5a1f8978230bbd789.jpg

How old is that screen shot? It's now 34% and 81% respectively. Word of mouth, at this point, might do more harm than good.

And BVS is on pace for a billion? Where did you get that info? The movie has not officially opened yet to even predict it's pace.

Hopefully it gets solid numbers overseas and it will be enough for WB to continue making DCCU movies.

How old is that screen shot? It's now 34% and 81% respectively. Word of mouth, at this point, might do more harm than good.

And BVS is on pace for a billion? Where did you get that info? The movie has not officially opened yet to even predict it's pace.

Hopefully it gets solid numbers overseas and it will be enough for WB to continue making DCCU movies.

The ratings are obviously going to reduce marginally over the next few days, however the user reviews will still far outpace the critic reviews. I found multiple sites on the Internet talking about how this movie could still make $1 billion based on what they describe. So it is plausible. Love it or hate it, Snyder is a signed with WB for long haul with Justice League.

Either way, when there's a wide discrepancy between the Critic Score and the User Score, it does say something.

I don't agree with this at all anymore. A movie like the Witch got almost 90% positive critic reviews, however users or fans hated it. I actually loved it, but word of mouth ultimately killed its box office. I have found more more that word-of-mouth will kill a movie faster than any critic review.

I'm not sure about that. If I recall, I think MoS received an A- on CinemaScore when it came out, and that was largely in part due to word of mouth when critics were bashing it.

Either way, when there's a wide discrepancy between the Critic Score and the User Score, it does say something.

I'm not sure about that. If I recall, I think MoS received an A- on CinemaScore when it came out, and that was largely in part due to word of mouth when critics were bashing it.

It can go either way. There are lots of examples on both sides of the argument. As I said, I don't necessarily believe anymore just because a critic review is bad, the movie will bomb at the box office. It's been proven wrong multiple times.

It can go either way. There are lots of examples on both sides of the argument. As I said, I don't necessarily believe anymore just because a critic review is bad, the movie will bomb at the box office. It's been proven wrong multiple times.

Of course not, there's exceptions to everything. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Of course not, there's exceptions to everything. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

It didn't used to be like that though as I'm sure you know. A critic review in the past normally had a propensity to without a doubt kill your film, however with the advent of social media now, many films stand a better chance.

It didn't used to be like that though as I'm sure you know. A critic review in the past normally had a propensity to without a doubt kill your film, however with the advent of social media now, many films stand a better chance.

Very true. Word of mouth was literally "word of mouth". So it didn't get around as quickly.

The audience and imdb score is going to continue to drop...

and please... Snyder is not capable of pulling a Ridley freakin' Scott bladerunner lol.

Last edited:
Both 30% and 80% are unrealistic, I expected something in between around 60-70%. I think people and critics just way too harsh, so many movie out there have worse pacing issue and worse characters but somehow could got a better rating. Damn it's getting tiredsome discussing rating and disagree with another people opinion especially keep using RT rating as standard. I just think movie is not that bad, not great either and solid 7/10 for me

So we got Wonder Woman earlier this week and a new/amazing Batman update today. Anyone thing they might have something else to add to the superman figure tomorrow? They need to add a second head with heat vision. My fingers are crossed.

Yes and no. Blade Runner was before its time. I loved that movie. Critics today would rave about it. BVS is another example actually. This movie is still paced to break $1 Billion world wide, which means all the critic reviews meant...nothing. [emoji106]

Thank You- it wil make a fortune because some people are actually going to go see for themselves first!

Both 30% and 80% are unrealistic, I expected something in between around 60-70%. I think people and critics just way too harsh, so many movie out there have worse pacing issue and worse characters but somehow could got a better rating. Damn it's getting tiredsome discussing rating and disagree with another people opinion especially keep using RT rating as standard. I just think movie is not that bad, not great either and solid 7/10 for me

yep- pile on mentaility- weak minds

So we got Wonder Woman earlier this week and a new/amazing Batman update today. Anyone thing they might have something else to add to the superman figure tomorrow? They need to add a second head with heat vision. My fingers are crossed.

What new Batman update?

ill judge for myself, that's why they call them critics, because all they do is critize everything. they would probably complain about a free pie. how it lacked a certain kind of apple in it.

yep- pile on mentaility- weak minds

Some people are weak minded, indeed. For instance, I recall when I saw MoS for the second time in theaters as I was walking out of theater after the film had concluded, I heard a girl say in reference to the ending scene with Lois and Clark at the Daily Planet: "So, he just puts on the glasses and she doesn't know who he is now? How stupid."

I couldn't help but facepalm. Apparently, she missed the entire part where Lois tracked him down to his residence and found out his name is Clark Kent, failed to see the dual reference in the statement "Welcome to the Planet," and didn't see them smirk at one another as the film faded into the ending credits.

Lois knew exactly who he was.

ill judge for myself, that's why they call them critics, because all they do is critize everything. they would probably complain about a free pie. how it lacked a certain kind of apple in it.

:exactly:

For as plain as he is, not a bad thing mind you, He should definetely come with a second head. Heat vision would be amazing. But just a second head would be an instant buy for me. Goin to see it tonite, so excited!!! It's probably going to decide whether I buy supes or not.

Some people are weak minded, indeed. For instance, I recall when I saw MoS for the second time in theaters as I was walking out of theater after the film had concluded, I heard a girl say in reference to the ending scene with Lois and Clark at the Daily Planet: "So, he just puts on the glasses and she doesn't know who he is now? How stupid."

I couldn't help but facepalm. Apparently, she missed the entire part where Lois tracked him down to his residence and found out his name is Clark Kent, failed to see the dual reference in the statement "Welcome to the Planet," and didn't see them smirk at one another as the film faded into the ending credits.

Lois knew exactly who he was.

:exactly:
Hahaha this actually made me laugh. She was either not paying attention to the movie at all or didn't understand what was going on.

Back