1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people are weak minded, indeed. For instance, I recall when I saw MoS for the second time in theaters as I was walking out of theater after the film had concluded, I heard a girl say in reference to the ending scene with Lois and Clark at the Daily Planet: "So, he just puts on the glasses and she doesn't know who he is now? How stupid."

I couldn't help but facepalm. Apparently, she missed the entire part where Lois tracked him down to his residence and found out his name is Clark Kent, failed to see the dual reference in the statement "Welcome to the Planet," and didn't see them smirk at one another as the film faded into the ending credits.

Lois knew exactly who he was.

:exactly:

worse. yesterday when I was watching BvS. there was couple next to me. they have not seen MOS, and could't understand what was happening in BvS. they just sh**ted on the movie. I swear if I had a gun I would give them headshot . People like them are talking bad thing,and others believe them blindly

worse. yesterday when I was watching BvS. there was couple next to me. they have not seen MOS, and could't understand what was happening in BvS. they just sh**ted on the movie. I swear if I had a gun I would give them headshot . People like them are talking bad thing,and others believe them blindly

Like Motux stated, this unfortunately is a testament to how ignorant and myopic a lot of people are. It's fine if you don't like the film, but don't complain that you don't get what's going on when you haven't even seen any of the previous films. But, they'll blame the movie for their own ignorance.

Like he also stated, that's like watching CW in May without having seen one Marvel film, then bitching about Cap and IM fighting because you thought they're supposed to be on the same team.

Yup, sadly subtlety, sarcasm, play on words, literary parallels, cautionary tales, are all lost on most people. Which is why it is always best to watch something twice, and make up your own mind.

I saw on RT I think it was that the US is worst performing in actual math skills, but has the most confidence in their skills. Which is like saying "we suck, but we are really confident that we suck."

Just back from seeing this at a midnight showing. No spoilers, and i shall keep it brief.
They did well.
Not a perfect movie, but a good one. I felt a little bit of drag early on, but then the movie kicked into gear and it was a roller coaster the whole way.
I'd rate it at least 80%, perhaps higher, on repeat viewings. It's nice having Batman and Superman in the same movie but not yet have the Justice League.
Affleck IS Batman. While this is undoubtedly slightly more of a Batman movie than a Superman one(MOS already had his own outing, after all), Affleck did a great job with the role and even after my first viewing, i now can't picture anyone as Batman but him for the foreseeable future. Batman kicks absolute arse.
Batman/Alfred banter is great, as are the other little bits of humour in the film.

I went into the movie content to keep my Superman PO and ignore Batman(I'm way more of a Superman fan), but i can say, walking out, i got on the two-pack waitlist as soon as i got back in the door, added an order for Wonder Woman, and i am hovering over the order for the Armoured suit...

So fear not my friends. I don't think the critics are fans. Or they would all have enjoyed it.

Just back from seeing this at a midnight showing. No spoilers, and i shall keep it brief.
They did well.
Not a perfect movie, but a good one. I felt a little bit of drag early on, but then the movie kicked into gear and it was a roller coaster the whole way.
I'd rate it at least 80%, perhaps higher, on repeat viewings. It's nice having Batman and Superman in the same movie but not yet have the Justice League.
Affleck IS Batman. While this is undoubtedly slightly more of a Batman movie than a Superman one(MOS already had his own outing, after all), Affleck did a great job with the role and even after my first viewing, i now can't picture anyone as Batman but him for the foreseeable future. Batman kicks absolute arse.
Batman/Alfred banter is great, as are the other little bits of humour in the film.

I went into the movie content to keep my Superman PO and ignore Batman(I'm way more of a Superman fan), but i can say, walking out, i got on the two-pack waitlist as soon as i got back in the door, added an order for Wonder Woman, and i am hovering over the order for the Armoured suit...

So fear not my friends. I don't think the critics are fans. Or they would all have enjoyed it.

Great to hear.

Just based on the Batman fight sequence at the beginning of that last trailer, it quelled any uncertainties I may have had about Affleck as Batman. That fight sequence alone beat all the other fight scenes in Batman movies combined. To me, that's what a Batman fight should look like.

Yup, sadly subtlety, sarcasm, play on words, literary parallels, cautionary tales, are all lost on most people. Which is why it is always best to watch something twice, and make up your own mind.

Great to hear.

Just based on the Batman fight sequence at the beginning of that last trailer, it quelled any uncertainties I may have had about Affleck as Batman. That fight sequence alone beat all the other fight scenes in Batman movies combined. To me, that's what a Batman fight should look like.

Dude you have no idea how much batmans fight scene rocks. Whatever emotions you felt on that trailer alone is doubled when you see it in all its glory.

I left after 20 minutes of the movie, yesterday. A couple though it was a good idea to bring a small child to see it on a subtitled and late at night session (I'm not in a English talking country, so movies are either dubbed or subtitled). The kid started crying in the first scene.

A friend that stayed said that the kid only stopped crying when he started running through the theater.

I will try again today. My friend really liked the movie.

Dude you have no idea how much batmans fight scene rocks. Whatever emotions you felt on that trailer alone is doubled when you see it in all its glory.
Man, I'm so hyped to see him fight. Any doubts I had left disappeared when I saw that in the trailer, straight from the Arkham games. I'm seeing the movie in a few hours, I can't wait.

I left after 20 minutes of the movie, yesterday. A couple though it was a good idea to bring a small child to see it on a subtitled and late at night session (I'm not in a English talking country, so movies are either dubbed or subtitled). The kid started crying in the first scene.

A friend that stayed said that the kid only stopped crying when he started running through the theater.

I will try again today. My friend really liked the movie.

Gotta love how some people are under the impression that they're the only ones in the theater.

I thought Batman was decently written but I didn't feel like Affleck made his own impression on the character. He was forgettable imo

I watched it today again and I liked it even more,than first time. I was waiting this movie so emotionally so I was somehow blind at first time. its a great movie. I have seen most movies in this genre and I can say this is one of the best. look its Batman and Superman together , DC heaven. :| they all are flawless.

I thought Batman was decently written but I didn't feel like Affleck made his own impression on the character. He was forgettable imo

I see what u did there and really posting something like affleck's batman was forgettable on both batman's thread and here is unnecessary. I get u are bale's diehards fan of batman. But really ben affleck bat was the jewel on the movie

Okay I was just responding to different threads and discussing the movie. Also, that's just your opinion because many people consider Wonder Woman the jewel...would it make you happy to know that I ordered the black chrome figure? Didn't order it because of affleck though.

Okay I was just responding to different threads and discussing the movie. Also, that's just your opinion because many people consider Wonder Woman the jewel...would it make you happy to know that I ordered the black chrome figure? Didn't order it because of affleck though.
I also ordered the black chrome version, kinda wish I hadn't now. Even though Bruce had valid motivation I didn't like the circumstances of how the fight came to be.

Anyone notice that Superman was taller than Batman in the Armoured suit? I can see this figure being the same size as the MoS version.

I don't see why HT can't include a light up eyed alternate head or a scratched face version with this figure. It doesn't need to be so bare boned.

Anyone notice that Superman was taller than Batman in the Armoured suit? I can see this figure being the same size as the MoS version.

I don't see why HT can't include a light up eyed alternate head or a scratched face version with this figure. It doesn't need to be so bare boned.

Maybe we'll get surprised like with BVS bats.

He played it perfectly, he got the balance of unhinged Batman and sleazy Bruce Wayne just right. He blew Bale away, at least for me.

Back