1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All his humidity talk is got me praying that the out of box bvs Batman I just bought arrives intact .. for some reason usps shipped it from NYC to Miami.. and I'm in Nashville Tn.. geniuses

It's no problem I don't think as long as the arms aren't pushed down into his side. Mine weren't pushed down, they were mostly as far apart as they were allowed to go to fit into the clam shell, they were barely touching when I posed him for a day out of the box. You should be good, just be careful when you do check.

I'm also thinking it's how you protect your figures. I don't have any of them in glass cases. So it's probably exposed to the climate. Only thing is superman from bvs is next to batman and the suit is completely in tack. It just had to be batman that the suit had to fall apart.
I put my figures inside a cabinet and use a lot of air dehumidifier in my room, so I'm still wondering if it's really relate to humidity:dunno
besides, the body construction between batman and supes is really different around the underarm area. You can safely said that the suit won't touch each other if you at least move the arms outward around 60 degrees from the body.
I've read somewhere, applying baby oil might help with the peeling issue. cmiiw:wave

My BvS Batman suit repainted. Somehow my original suit was very dark. Didn't like it a bit. So I repainted it to light grey just like the original suit.

BATMAN (932) ed1a SR.jpg

BATMAN (932) ed1c SR.jpg

BATMAN (947) ed1a SSR.jpg

Just got my second bats in with the Tony mei cape, I noticed that the suit on the second one is much darker than the first one, and has no yellow stains anywhere around unlike the first, here's a quick Comparision between the Jaxon and Tony mei custom capes, sorry for crappy pics
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Interesting about the differences in color TrexGreen. I can't really tell which one mines is closer to, but it seems like a pretty dark grey so probably like your darker version.

So there's variances in the lightness of the grey suit, sticky underarms, and cowl covering symbol. Weird but I guess it could depend on the batches that they come from or something.

Interesting about the differences in color TrexGreen. I can't really tell which one mines is closer to, but it seems like a pretty dark grey so probably like your darker version.

So there's variances in the lightness of the grey suit, sticky underarms, and cowl covering symbol. Weird but I guess it could depend on the batches that they come from or something.

I sold one on that was a little lighter than the figure I have in my display. Mine is from one of the dark batches sadly. It's still an awesome figure but slightly annoying HT got the colour wrong and made custom capes almost a necessity.

I sold one on that was a little lighter than the figure I have in my display. Mine is from one of the dark batches sadly. It's still an awesome figure but slightly annoying HT got the colour wrong and made custom capes almost a necessity.

Ah so another example of differences to the color. I think I even remember some people saying that many months back. I wonder if it'll happen with the Suicide Squad Batman.

And yeah, the cape is nice but it could definitely be better. If it weren't for the wires at the top of the cape it would probably sit better at the shoulders. When you turn his head, they stick out. I do have a custom wired cape coming. I hope that the capes on the Justice League figures are improved in hand. So far they do look better.

Same here. Mine was very dark. Had to repaint it. Once it was repainted, I'm very happy with the figure.

BATMAN BVS (1199) ed1a SR LOGO.jpg

BATMAN BVS (1174) ed1c SR LOGO.jpg

I really like that cape you have on Superman. The lines in the material on it look more accurate to how the actual caped looked in the film. The cape on the JL version seems to have that effect as well.

Thanks @SilverStar17. Yes I've noticed that the original Superman's suit has lines. That's why I used similar material for Superman's cape.

SUPERMAN WIRED (9214) ed1a SR.jpg

Ah so another example of differences to the color. I think I even remember some people saying that many months back. I wonder if it'll happen with the Suicide Squad Batman.

And yeah, the cape is nice but it could definitely be better. If it weren't for the wires at the top of the cape it would probably sit better at the shoulders. When you turn his head, they stick out. I do have a custom wired cape coming. I hope that the capes on the Justice League figures are improved in hand. So far they do look better.

I actually think the stock cape is pretty terrible. Sure it looks okay front on if you can get it to sit fairly flat on his shoulders but it should be so much better than that. The paper like material is horrible and when you get a custom cape in hand you see how bad it is.

The SS cape doesn't look much better based on one unboxing I watched. Unreal Toys and and Jaxon's capes both wired and non wired are light years ahead. The 1/4 scale Batman Begins figure has missed the mark also based on the prototype, doesn't appear he'll be able to fully cloak himself with the cape which is an iconic feature of that movie for me.

HT do have the occasional success, Armoured Batman and BvS Superman have great capes, but on the whole they just suck at making capes.

I actually think the stock cape is pretty terrible. Sure it looks okay front on if you can get it to sit fairly flat on his shoulders but it should be so much better than that. The paper like material is horrible and when you get a custom cape in hand you see how bad it is.

The SS cape doesn't look much better based on one unboxing I watched. Unreal Toys and and Jaxon's capes both wired and non wired are light years ahead. The 1/4 scale Batman Begins figure has missed the mark also based on the prototype, doesn't appear he'll be able to fully cloak himself with the cape which is an iconic feature of that movie for me.

HT do have the occasional success, Armoured Batman and BvS Superman have great capes, but on the whole they just suck at making capes.

Even the back of the cape doesn't sit that well. There's too many folds and pleats and it's hard to futz it. Looking forward to my custom cape for sure. I feel like the wired cape will really add to poses and look that much more dynamic, even if the pose is a simple museum type pose.

Man I've never been a fan of 1/4 scale figures (mostly because I have nowhere to put them!) but if they ever do this bvs version in 1/4 scale.. epic and bought

Back