1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you know this?

The SS version isn't darker, looks identical in every image I've seen and the budget stark video.

Some pics with enhanced light, flash or editing might make the BvS figure look lighter than it is but in hand it's very dark grey. So dark that from any distance the bat symbol blends into the suit rather than popping as it should do. If they made the SS figure darker it would be almost black.

I've seen this in both Batman threads now, The SS is not darker. I think this goes way back when it was first showcased in some event when they first showcased all the SS figures and people were trying to figure out if there's any difference, and the lighting in the pics makes him look darker.

The BvS is also pretty dark. There are more pictures of it, and some with flash or more bright lighting making you think that it may be lighter, but the BvS suit is dark.
Its almost the same color scheme as the JL suit.

Other than the cape, breather, and the stand, its the same figure as BvS.

I thought Hemsworth was good in the first Thor. Still one of my favorite MCU films, mainly because the characters are so likeable.

Which is a lot more than I can say for others, I hope Hawkeye and Widow have smaller parts in Infinity War... I'm so tired of those two. Can't wait to see how the Russos use Thor, hopefully they power him up quite a bit. Whedon sure didn't do that.

I like watching the fights in MOS multiple times, especially the Smallville battle. Faora is such a badass.

This! I'm so sick of Hawkeye and Black Widow. AoU was ten times worse because of the Hawkeye story arc (Although the movie as a whole sucked pretty hard anyways). We couldn't get a decent arc with one of the main Avengers? Hemsworth isn't terrible in my eye but he's not great. He looks the partl but sometimes his delivery is cringe worthy. And I agree that Whedon did dumb down Thor's powers in The Avengers. Her could have done three times as much damage as he ended up doing. As for BvS and MoS, I re-watch tose a lot. The fact that WB didn't put the Ultimate Edition in theaters still blows my mind. Suicide Squad was ok but could have been miles better. The main villian and the arc with her brother was awful. There are some MCU movies I can re-watch but not a lot. GotG was one of them. I love that movie. My favorite MCU movie is still Winter Soldier.

Last edited:
Sorry to ask this, but I have never moded or customized anything so I probably be sending this task to commission, although I don't know how to explain it so I need to ask the following:
How do you paint the Suit?
I've seen some of you making it's grey tone lighter, I would love to do the same, I just dont get how you guys get it done. Please any information for dummies will do, i tried to YouTube some tutorials but only found some repaintings on the coat for the the Knightmare version.
Thanks a lot!!!!

I've never see a Thor movie so I can't really judge Hemsworth. Wooden isn't always bad though. I feel it works well for Gadot as Wonder Woman. She's a great face actor and nails all the physical stuff in action scenes but her delivery is very matter of fact and somewhat bland. For her character it works well, added to her accent, to make her seem less human and distinct from those around her.

By contrast, because of his earth upbringing, I've always seen Superman as far more human than alien despite his powers. I didn't like what Snyder did in MoS to make it seem like he had such a miserable childhood. That should be left for Batman to explain his methods and motivations, not Superman. BvS continued that and didn't do enough to show them as opposite sides of the same coin. I still really enjoy the movie overall though.

You normal acrylic paint. Or at least I did. I used a grey color which makes the suit lighter. I'm not home at the moment so I can't tell you the name of the brand and version of the color. But I found using a black and grey mixed together to get it dark but not like the bvs suit helps. Or you can mix more of grey with a bit of black vice versa. After that just move it along a paper towel just enough so you don't over do it. And lighty paint the suit. Remove everything from the figure, head, gloves, boots, belt and then your good to go. Also be careful painting around the bat-symbol. Hope this is helpful. Use a soft brush the isn't to big.

When the SS version of this fig comes out, there are going to be people who swear blind and kid themselves into thinking there are noticeable differences because that's what they want to believe.

Hot Toys know this figure sold incredibly well and therefore have no need to change it - just stick a new (equally rubbish) cape in with it, new stand, new box, amazing new rebreather accessory that we just can't live without (but you know, mine is better because it has the rebreather) and boom - more money - I mean new figure.

This! I'm so sick of Hawkeye and Black Widow. AoU was ten times worse because of the Hawkeye story arc (Although the movie as a whole sucked pretty hard anyways). We couldn't get a decent arc with one of the main Avengers? Hemsworth isn't terrible in my eye but he's not great. He looks the part weel but sometimes his delivery is cringe worthy. And I agree that Whedon did dumb down Thor's powers in The Avengers. Her could have done three times as much damage as he ended up doing. As for BvS and MoS, I re-watch tose a lot. The fact that WB didn't put the Ultimate Edition in theaters still blows my mind. Suicide Squad was ok but could have been miles better. The main villian and the arc with her brother was awful. There are some MCU movies I can re-watch but not a lot. GotG was one of them. I love that movie. My favorite MCU movie is still Winter Soldier.

Yeah the whole Avengers story arc has reached sad predictable lows- the stupid jokes between them and forced romances are gag worthy- desperate to fill the films with cute little sub plots INSTEAD of coming up with a real story that you can get into- RDJ saves the films for me

I personally like many of the MCU films that people are maligning here, particularly AoU. Both Thor films were a bit boring though in my opinion, TDW more so. However, I do admit I am getting a bit bored with the MCU a bit as a whole after CW.

As far as what I personally look for in superhero films and what appeals to me, I'm more interested in the DCEU. Though there's nothing "realistic" about the characters in their physical abilities, I feel their universe is more grounded in reality as far as tackling real world issues and consequences, and integrating these characters into it and delving into their psyches.

When the SS version of this fig comes out, there are going to be people who swear blind and kid themselves into thinking there are noticeable differences because that's what they want to believe.

Hot Toys know this figure sold incredibly well and therefore have no need to change it - just stick a new (equally rubbish) cape in with it, new stand, new box, amazing new rebreather accessory that we just can't live without (but you know, mine is better because it has the rebreather) and boom - more money - I mean new figure.

Yup, pretty much like the Iron Man figures. How much repaints of the Mark 7 have we got already? And a lot of the HoA suits after Mk7 are just a mix and match of parts from different suits.

I personally like many of the MCU films that people are maligning here, particularly AoU. Both Thor films were a bit boring though in my opinion, TDW more so. However, I do admit I am getting a bit bored with the MCU a bit as a whole after CW.

As far as what I personally look for in superhero films and what appeals to me, I'm more interested in the DCEU. Though there's nothing "realistic" about the characters in their physical abilities, I feel their universe is more grounded in reality as far as tackling real world issues and consequences, and integrating these characters into it and delving into their psyches.

Same here. Even though the DCEU movies have had their issues (and MOS is the only one so far that I think truly works), I still find myself a lot more intrigued by that universe with it's edgier feel and more unpredictable choices than the painfully formulaic MCU, with it's stories and characters that feel engineered to be as safe and audience-friendly as possible.

Even recent movies I kinda enjoyed, like Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, still had some of that bland and formulaic feel to them.

Same here. Even though the DCEU movies have had their issues (and MOS is the only one so far that I think truly works), I still find myself a lot more intrigued by that universe with it's edgier feel and more unpredictable choices than the painfully formulaic MCU, with it's stories and characters that feel engineered to be as safe and audience-friendly as possible.

Even recent movies I kinda enjoyed, like Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, still had some of that bland and formulaic feel to them.

Leave it to Beaver feel- ok maybe not quite but...

AoU is enjoyable to watch but fails on every level of what has come before it- feels like it was written in a weekend and just feels all-over-the-place. The hulkbuster battle is terrific as is some of the action. The whole BW/Hulk thing is embarrassing..as is how tepid and weak Ultron proved top be

Sorry better get back to this figure...

Sorry better get back to this figure...
Yes. Let's.
I'm literally opening mine now, and I'm so excited, I'M FREAKING OUT!
136cf4e5b69b6e0e1380ad865cd4c1ff.jpg
Breaking the seal... now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back