1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man , i got my tech cowl version today and there is a freakin gold paint streak down his knee [emoji35]
9a1b2d5b42ec4c68d3819cb68893ef11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch, sorry to hear about that.
You might be able to scrape that off with an X-Acto, just be very careful.
It's what I do whenever I get a toy only to find a random dot on it here and there.

You could also try asking SS for a replacement.

Sideshow finally emailed me back and they are going to replace the belt. But told me to make sure i destroy the old one and provide them pictures.

Still hoping for a conversion. What's the latest you guys got on the list?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I had no plans to buy the rifle but after seeing those pics I might have to reconsider :clap awesome looking pose

Had more time to mess around with Batfleck last night, and, just like it was the case with HT's Darth Vader, I am initially a bit underwhelmed.
I mean, it is a great figure, but it has its issues.

No matter how much I push the pants up, I still can't get rid of the short legs look. I think HT has messed up the proportions on these bodies, since Vader has the same stocky legs problem. Also, by pushing the pants up, the material folds into the space of the leg articulation, which makes it look bad. Fortunately, the belt helps hide this a bit. I'm sure a bit more futzing can help some, but it's still an issue.
Another issue is the Bat-butt.
Who the hell in HT looked at that and said, "hey, that looks pretty cool!"? It's just such a glaring design flaw.
Another oddity is the one-piece head-neck combo. I suppose I can understand wanting to give it a seamless look, but it just doesn't work very well, IMHO.
The cape, as many have pointed out, is too long and a bit stiff. I'm still not totally sold on these capes being sewn into shape, I think with some careful futzing one could achieve that over the shoulder drape.

I suppose these aren't glaring issues, and I'm sure the figure will grow on me, just like Vader has, but I think it has a lot of room for improvement.

Other than that, the figure is stellar. The suit itself looks great and allows for great posing. The amount of extras is great, the overall paint apps are great. Despite my nitpicking, I'm really happy to have this Batman to go along with Superman and, hopefully soon, Wonder Woman.

As far as the pants go, I found it helped to remove the boots so I could push the material up his shins as far as possible first, and then gradually work my way up. If you just try pushing the pants up from the knees you don't really get anywhere.

And as far as the gap above the legs, I first removed the suit (which isn't really that hard to do) and then inserted a bit of padding in there so the pants wouldn't be able to slide inside as much.

Had more time to mess around with Batfleck last night, and, just like it was the case with HT's Darth Vader, I am initially a bit underwhelmed.
I mean, it is a great figure, but it has its issues.

No matter how much I push the pants up, I still can't get rid of the short legs look. I think HT has messed up the proportions on these bodies, since Vader has the same stocky legs problem. Also, by pushing the pants up, the material folds into the space of the leg articulation, which makes it look bad. Fortunately, the belt helps hide this a bit. I'm sure a bit more futzing can help some, but it's still an issue.
Another issue is the Bat-butt.
Who the hell in HT looked at that and said, "hey, that looks pretty cool!"? It's just such a glaring design flaw.
Another oddity is the one-piece head-neck combo. I suppose I can understand wanting to give it a seamless look, but it just doesn't work very well, IMHO.
The cape, as many have pointed out, is too long and a bit stiff. I'm still not totally sold on these capes being sewn into shape, I think with some careful futzing one could achieve that over the shoulder drape.

I suppose these aren't glaring issues, and I'm sure the figure will grow on me, just like Vader has, but I think it has a lot of room for improvement.

Other than that, the figure is stellar. The suit itself looks great and allows for great posing. The amount of extras is great, the overall paint apps are great. Despite my nitpicking, I'm really happy to have this Batman to go along with Superman and, hopefully soon, Wonder Woman.

You can also replace the foot pegs with the extended ones, that should raise the knees above the boots like Tony Mei did :lecture

man , i got my tech cowl version today and there is a freakin gold paint streak down his knee [emoji35]
9a1b2d5b42ec4c68d3819cb68893ef11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by guyver1 View Post

I would use a q tip with a small drop of art store paint thinner and lightly brush over the gold to see if it will rub off the knee, do this carefully, you don't want to strip the material of the knee. If you feel the paint rubbing off quickly follow with a qtip dipped in warm water and mild detergent soap . Should come off, tried this technique many times, usually with the HT fabric on their costumes paint is just rubbed on the fabric during shipping or boxing preparations in the factory so with the right tools you can rub off the paint issues

If you are not familiar with paint thinners, you can go to any art or hobby store and find some. I sometimes use brush cleaner solution from a art store. Never use acetone or nail remover that will strip the color of the material right off and damage the fabric.

Sometimes 70% rubbing alcohol with a qtip might also work in removing paint, but some cases could also strip the fabric because it's pure alcohol

Last edited:
Just got the same email!

But....does anyone know since when they started charging tax to FL? Kinda made it sting slightly. Also looks like buying HT from BBTS is pretty much done for me, except in cases like this if the figure is long sold out.

been that way for a while now

Back