1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the stock figure, but I like doing mods, I don't mind, it's just a hobby of mine, you guys do what you want, it's your figure. I just did a couple of minor mods, nothing drastic, and I don't mind the cape either.

IMO the cowl collar design bothers me more than the cape and it needs to be reinvented, it's too thick and sticks out too much when you twist his head, I have a feeling HT will work on this by the time the JLA film releases . I think HT has really incorporated this figure and it's a good start to the Batfleck franchise. A couple of tweaks here and there in the articulation and cowl design and I think eventually they can come up with a near perfect Batfleck figure.

But this version is far from that, but a great start and good base to work with :lecture

For future Batman figures they should ditch the swappable eye and mouth thing and have a flexible vinyl/PVC cowl with a full Affleck head (sans ears and hair) on a neck ball joint and possibly a new cape (since he'll do more with it in Justice League).

A "figure of the year" candidate shouldn't need any mods to look its best. At some point after so many mods it almost becomes a custom figure. This is a nice looking figure no doubt, fantastic even, but straight out of the box it needs some work to look its best. I won't count the crotch re-positioning a mod even though most outside this forum will leave that area as is. Stuffing the figure and new capes though...that's pushing custom.

No mods. Straight out of the box, with just futzing.
Figure of the decade for me.
I'm usually a modder, and that almost every single figure I have, have some form of mods.
But this beast is almost perfect for me.

I'm usually a modder, and that almost every single figure I have, have some form of mods.

Beast!

Now THATS Batman!

Sorry i must have misunderstood how many people were modding their figures. It seems every time i open the thread there is a new tutorial. "Figure of the decade" though? C'mon man.:lol

You may want to wait for that new figure smell to wear off before proclaiming such things.

But this beast is almost perfect for

Nice as always :hi5:

Sorry i must have misunderstood how many people were modding their figures. It seems every time i open the thread there is a new tutorial. "Figure of the decade" though? C'mon man.:lol

You may want to wait for that new figure smell to wear off before proclaiming such things.

I hope you understand that anyone, including you, can and has an opinion.

If it is figure of the decade for the guy, then its figure of the decade for the guy. That's it. Respect their opinion.

Seriously, don't be so negative.

Looks great, man! :clap

Not sure if you read his entire post, but you'll notice that after he stated he thought it was the figure of the decade, he said a key phrase:"for me".

For you, maybe it's not the figure of the decade. No harm, no foul. I'm sure many would disagree with your personal choice of what you think the "figure of the decade" is also, if you had to choose one.

No. Read a few pages back. I've been posting about the bundle pack. They have more Superman figs coming to meet orders for singles and bundles so they are expecting cancellations and/or extra to fulfill WL orders for both figures.

Do you know if it was just for the exclusive, standard, or both? I signed up for the waitlist at some point for the non-ex, thinking my chances were better.

Got my figure today and agree it looks pretty damn awesome... but I'm not sure I can really call it the Figure of the Year. For me that would have to go to either Rey or Kirk. Or even BvS Superman, whose costume is just a bit more impressive looking with all the incredible detail on it (not to mention the cape that drapes a whole lot better).

Do you know if it was just for the exclusive, standard, or both? I signed up for the waitlist at some point for the non-ex, thinking my chances were better.

I spoke to her exclusively, pardon the pun, about the exclusive bundle pack, as that is the one I have WL'd. She did not say they were getting extras of Batman but they still have a lot of orders to fulfill for him, at least the exclusive anyway, so she told me, "I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your WL will likely convert."

What she was saying is there are a lot of bundle orders that they haven't even started processing yet because they don't have the Superman to fulfill the order even though they ship separately...implying that the Batman stock was already there waiting for the Superman orders to be fulfilled by HTs.

Looks great, man! :clap

Not sure if you read his entire post, but you'll notice that after he stated he thought it was the figure of the decade, he said a key phrase:"for me".

For you, maybe it's not the figure of the decade. No harm, no foul. I'm sure many would disagree with your personal choice of what you think the "figure of the decade" is also, if you had to choose one.

Ha ha, thanks for bolding that for me bud.
I should have done that or added the "in my humble opinion" to make an opinion. :lol

Being a collector for many years now, You do get jaded.
Dont get me wrong, of course, its always supercool getting new figures, and always feels like Christmas...but I'm talking about that REALLY REALLY BIG christmas present that you had when you were a kid. Like the "getting that videogame system you've been begging for christmas feeling".
That's what I got when I opened up the box on this figure.
And I even just received Civil War Captain America two weeks before getting this figure, so you would think that the excitement would have simmered down a bit after just receiving a figure. But when I opened up the box and found out how bad ass this figure is, I had a hard time containing my excitement.
To finally see a Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns interpretation of the suit on screen...and Hot Toys nailing the figure, it felt like that first Hot Toys figure again.

I'd like to think I have a pretty good collection, I think this one takes the cake for the best figure for me.
As I said...Figure of the decade for me...uhm...in my humble opinion. :wink1:

the sculpt alone makes me put bats way over supes.

but rey... tfa rey?? wah. opinions are opinions i suppose, but rey is such a simple figure. the body is just a reuse, the sculpt isn't as dead-on, and the outfit is pretty routine for HT to do.

im not going by what character/movie/whatever is my favorite, but technical achievement for FOTY status. i mean i ****ing hate these movies, but I won't let that get in the way of seeing how amazing these figs have been.

Last edited:
Ha ha, thanks for bolding that for me bud.
I should have done that or added the "in my humble opinion" to make an opinion. :lol

Being a collector for many years now, You do get jaded.
Dont get me wrong, of course, its always supercool getting new figures, and always feels like Christmas...but I'm talking about that REALLY REALLY BIG christmas present that you had when you were a kid. Like the "getting that videogame system you've been begging for christmas feeling".
That's what I got when I opened up the box on this figure.
And I even just received Civil War Captain America two weeks before getting this figure, so you would think that the excitement would have simmered down a bit after just receiving a figure. But when I opened up the box and found out how bad ass this figure is, I had a hard time containing my excitement.
To finally see a Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns interpretation of the suit on screen...and Hot Toys nailing the figure, it felt like that first Hot Toys figure again.

I'd like to think I have a pretty good collection, I think this one takes the cake for the best figure for me.
As I said...Figure of the decade for me...uhm...in my humble opinion. :wink1:
Figure of the decade for me might be the new Maul. I got the same feeling from opening him as I did the first DX Joker all those years ago. That said, the Hot Toys Han Solo, Days of Future Past Wolverine, Mark III die-cast Iron Man, AMS2 Spidey and this Bats were pretty damn close to that same level of excitement.

And I would go so far as to say this might be the best Batman figure I've ever owned.

Back