1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exactly, people need to keep their criticism towards the figure, not how people pose it, not how their collection looks etc.

back in the old days of the board, this was almost a silent rule. i only bring this up because there's a few members here i've noticed nit picking how people have their figures set up. it's not your collection, so get over it. the other day i got **** for putting the goggles down on my knightmare batman. like f'real? get off your high horse.

Point well made. I don't know what's so upsetting to some people. Like you say its your collection you do what you want with it.

So true...one of the most enjoyable aspects of coming to this forum is to see pictures of other collections. This is great especially when you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your own figure and you want to whet your own appetite and build excitement. If people on the board have to start getting nervous about posting pictures because they will be ridiculed by others then a lot of people who maybe do not feel that they are professional photojournalists will simply stop posting pictures all together. That would be no fun.

Yes. I am here to make myself miserably jealous of those who had received their figure, while I am still waiting....
[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I've seen plenty of figures I don't like, plenty of shelves I would arrange differently, but I don't say it. I keep that opinion to myself, it's not beneficial to anyone.

Before long some of the people here will be whining about home decor in the background of photos.

exactly, people need to keep their criticism towards the figure, not how people pose it, not how their collection looks etc.

back in the old days of the board, this was almost a silent rule. i only bring this up because there's a few members here i've noticed nit picking how people have their figures set up. it's not your collection, so get over it. the other day i got **** for putting the goggles down on my knightmare batman. like f'real? get off your high horse.

My sentiments as well.

The way I see it though, if someone wants to let the way I pose my figures bother them, then that's fine. It doesn't bother me, so it's their problem, not mine. I'll still continue to pose and display my figures how I want, just as they're able to do with their own figures and the way they choose to pose their figures won't bother me one bit.

I do find it humorous though that there are a lot of people under the impression that everyone else needs to collect the same way that they collect.

There's no universal one right way to collect.

Oh, sorry, i don't know where you come from, but i'm used for freedom of speech. And that's not include only being shiny and praise everything. Get over it.
It's not about freedom of speech.

You just look rude and an assh0l3.

Pretty sure you wouldn't like it if people disrespected you so don't do it to other people.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've seen plenty of figures I don't like, plenty of shelves I would arrange differently, but I don't say it. I keep that opinion to myself, it's not beneficial to anyone.

Before long some of the people here will be whining about home decor in the background of photos.

Agree with this as well.

I've seen a lot of displays and poses that people have that I'd personally never do with my figures, but what's the point in essentially telling them that their display sucks? I have the right to freedom of speech, so I'm going to tell you that the way you pose your figures sucks?

There's nothing helpful nor constructive in that.

I put these two side by side last night for comparison, I'm really starting to agree with some folks that Knightmare Bats might be the "better" figure. Don't get me wrong, the regular suit is mind blowing, but holy **** is the Knightmare version a monster of a figure! Lol. I think I'm going to keep these two posed just like this by themselves for a while. [emoji7]
1a4292069e4d3231ede8c271e32396cf.jpg
a368b9ebabd1415b85c3c2422adf5d09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have my regular Bats yet (tomorrow), but I don't imagine Knightmare is better in quality; there's just a lot more going on as far as intricacies and details with the outfit, so it grabs your eye a bit more than what regular Bats does.

I never take things personally on these forums and although I don't mind advice or critiques from others, I never let it phase me. At the same time, I never attack someone personally either. Everyone can post whatever they want, if I go overboard and somebody let's me know that's fine. It's never personal with me.

The truth is, for my contribution I just don't have the proper background, detoifs, lighting fixtures, etc. nor do I have the room to show collections of figures that's why I choose to put my posts into dynamic poses or creative ideas so that anyone who is viewing them, won't get tired or bored of the pics and set ups I post on the thread :lecture

I don't have my regular Bats yet (tomorrow), but I don't imagine Knightmare is better in quality; there's just a lot more going on as far as intricacies and details with the outfit, so it grabs your eye a bit more than what regular Bats does.

That's my point exactly. Quality wise, both are spectacular specimens, but Knightmare just booms because of the wonderful added tailoring and accessories.

I never take things personally on these forums and although I don't mind advice or critiques from others, I never let it phase me. At the same time, I never attack someone personally either. Everyone can post whatever they want, if I go overboard and somebody let's me know that's fine. It's never personal with me.

The truth is, for my contribution I just don't have the proper background, detoifs, lighting fixtures, etc. nor do I have the room to show collections of figures that's why I choose to put my posts into dynamic poses or creative ideas so that anyone who is viewing them, won't get tired or bored of the pics and set ups I post on the thread :lecture

:exactly:

Although there's a difference between constructive criticism and just being an ******* simply because you feel you can. The former in my opinion is more than fine.

Let's not forget that you can receive an infraction for bullying if your post offends someone and the moderators have to step in for breaking board rules. Too many infractions and you get booted off the boards with no access.

I've received an infraction for telling someone they were a ****** bag and to **** off after berating me, my collection, and my intelligence. I won't be doing that again because I love coming here and sharing pictures and advice with fellow collectors and will never allow a few "A" holes ruin it for me.

So be careful what you post. Be considerate when you can and let's keep negativity towards others to a minimum for the sake of all our board members. This community exists for a reason. And that reason is the love of collecting not heckling. Remember, what you post can come back and bite you in the ass!

After owning both the Batman EX and the Knigtmare one, I can only say that these are the best Batman figures HT has ever made, right after Bale's TDK 1/4.

The thing is, that personally, they don't do nothing for me, as they only remind me of a film I never gave to craps about, and that is just a huge no when it comes to my personal collecting habits. I must love the source in order to have any collectibles, and even Knightnare, as unique as he is, he does still come from that mess of a film.

Decided to sell them, and I actually have a couple of buyers lined up for both. They are, somehow extremely willing to pay much more than I originally paid for. Can't complain.

Beautiful figures, just not for me. Hated this film with a passion.

Anywho..... I can't wait to see the custom cape Tony Mei comes up with. The neck mod looks a little too invasive for me but if anyone is brave enough to try it, it's Tony.

:goodpost:

LCS told me my Batman arrives this Wednesday. Out of town though!! Oh well, next week!

:exactly:

Although there's a difference between constructive criticism and just being an ******* simply because you feel you can. The former in my opinion is more than fine.

Yup..whenever someone posts rude remarks like " Deal with It " or " Get over It " or anything else that's rude, it's open season to get a revolt, there is no need for that. If it bothers someone they don't have to view these threads. Nobody has to pay or even commit to these forums.

My advice is just remain neutral and never criticize someone's post with rudeness or harshness and never take things personal :)

I put these two side by side last night for comparison, I'm really starting to agree with some folks that Knightmare Bats might be the "better" figure. Don't get me wrong, the regular suit is mind blowing, but holy **** is the Knightmare version a monster of a figure! Lol. I think I'm going to keep these two posed just like this by themselves for a while. [emoji7]
1a4292069e4d3231ede8c271e32396cf.jpg

great looking figures!

Yup..whenever someone posts rude remarks like " Deal with It " or " Get over It " or anything else that's rude, it's open season to get a revolt, there is no need for that. If it bothers someone they don't have to view these threads. Nobody has to pay or even commit to these forums.

My advice is just remain neutral and never criticize someone's post with rudeness or harshness and never take things personal :)

:goodpost:

Oh, sorry, i don't know where you come from, but i'm used for freedom of speech. And that's not include only being shiny and praise everything. Get over it.

You're allowed to say what you want, yes, but 'freedom of speech' doesn't mean you're immune to being called a jackass for what you choose to say.

Also, the next time you feel like defending your point of view, you might want to use proper ****ing sentence structure, because I could barely make hide nor hair out of what you said.

Back